Spartans Home

Announcing: Sparta Tactical Domination Nights: UPDATED

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

seems to be getting pretty good, i thought the commanders did a nice job last night.

i reckon more people need to read this thread though to see what this is about. still a lot of Rambos and people asking "what are we waiting for" inbetween towns when the next mission is being planned, i guess ppl are turning up and not realising that it's run differently on a friday.

also there is a lot of people who want to do this or that but not many takers for squad learder/overall command when asked.

i took "PARTY TEAM" Bravo for one town and it was pretty good, only fired 2 stinger rockets the whole mission. that mission worked out well for us as Alpha and Charlie were getting engaged we were able to go straight into the town pretty much unseen.

apologies if anyone thinks they are not listened to and their suggestions ignored, the squad leader has the command speaking at the same time, and although suggestions are passed on, command has the final say.

Bravo captured an enemy tank, can we just confirm if this is allowed or not for next week please?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we want to keep this infantry only on Fridays. I think the squad leader job is the toughest. But it is getting better as the chatter has dropped by 70% since we first split the comms.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night. I don't envy a Commander, there is a lot of processing of information going on and it is most certainly overwhelming.

As both a member of a squad and a Squad leader I can appreciate the effort that is required to keep everyone happy. People do seem to get bored/forget what they were told some 30 seconds earlier so there was a lot of squad movement when unnecessary but I am sure that this will improve with time.

I was lucky enough to have a small squad for my Leader slot, 5/6 people, all with perfect hearing, a good spread of skills, a good spread of weaponry and patient to the core. The only trouble maker was Zeno (Only joking :))

My thanks to everyone in my squad for making it a pleasure to play, and thanks to Sparta for their tolerance of all of the rest of us.

well i was lucky enough to Command (thanks Halli) and act as Squad Leader on two occasions.

in all scenarios i was impressed with how the team(s) carried out their workload and followed orders.

if i feel a team is starting to fray or individuals are not obeying orders i will snap them into line - and i think raising the voice occasionally or laying down the odd swear word to make a point is a very effective form of comms. it works for me everytime and is what you would expect from a leader irl.

my opinion if a team member decides to press forward into danger and do his own thing when not directed to do so, and he is shot down - i will not allow the rest of my team to risk their lives nor the mission to revive him. i am fairly sure said person will reconsider the solo effort next time round. harsh perhaps - but sure to be effective in the long run.

i think its working well though at present.

Edited by Lightspeed

sorry i missed the tactical my headset is busted till I can get a new headset ill be playing something else..Ill keep TS running just leave me a text if you have any problems with Arma 2 needing a Admin.

Alright! We're going to try something a little different this Friday night, folks.

This will still be highly organized and tactical (Please read the rules in the first post before joining)

This will still be a domination-type mission

It will NOT have many of the domination stuff we've been used to, like MHQs, revives, backpacks, ect.

What it WILL have is a a few choppers and lots of chances for Air Assault tactics to be used.

Only designated pilots will be able to fly, and they will be regulated to ferrying troops back and forth from missions, as well as taking JIP'ers and respawners back to the front lines. These pilots will be asked to wait at base for 2min before they lift off to other areas of the map every time. All pilots will switch out with other players every hour on the hour to be fair. If a pilot comes in at a later time, he still needs to switch out with other pilots on the hour.

The commander on the ground at the time will determine which tasks get accomplished first, and they will show up on the task list. (Press "P" and go to the "tasks" tab)

Read the briefings before you join in on the mission and have fun!

Air Assault!

IPB Image

Very interesting for the little time I managed to give this, thanks to Durka and Zeno for working so hard to get it setup and moving on the night.

The position I decided to engage from was ridiculous, I got Panic and Watchman killed, my apologies Charlie team I will try to do better next time.

I enjoyed being part of Alpha team on the assault we did, we did take casualties but from nobodies fault, however I think we all need to carry smoke from now on to cover advances over open ground etc.

Enjoyed things last night, real fun but having some probs since the 1.4 patch. My last respawn took down my pc completely! Even a reboot wouldn't get me back into the game, anyone else experiencing post 1.4 issues?

Other than that, loved the idea of airborne assaults, looking forward to doing that again.

Was certainly... interesting.

For me, and a few others COMMS is a big issue. It needs sorting out. I personally think the Channel Commander option causes more problems than it's worth. Whispers are a lot more practical.

Great that we're trying different stuff though, keep up the good work.

best night of arma2 yet :)

we got totally suprised by the initial convoy, it pretty much turned up before we kitted up. the first attack when it was still dark was pretty damn sweet.

thought the chopper guys did a really good job, was probably quicker than a revive :D

re the comms issue Dai, it's amost as if it would be better if everyone was in one channel, then everyo0ne wouldn't talk over the commander (that we cant hear), and noone would talk crap all the time :D

managed to get fraps on while waiting in the c130

You bastards :lol: , I stayed up until 0200 and you did the para drop after I left. Looks awesome.

Comms, I also think it is easier for my tiny brain when we are on one comms but all reduce our chatter. Maybe use whisper for the pilots only.

Grass, I hate it, I cant see the enemy because of the grass, they see no grass so we have to get rid of it. Any thoughts.

Great night, very tough enemy in second town, but still enjoyed myself.

The grass makes the game look so much better Coyote even turns it on when playing domination, it also makes it very hard to see any teamates or enemies.

lol zeno. Before I had to leave, I told Custard to tell you to use it! As for the grass, I turn it on sometimes during regular dom because it looks more real and challenging. That being said, it was really cool during one of the night missions looking for the enemy by their muzzle flashes. Very spot on. If we could get the grass to stop enemy from seeing through, it would be perfect, although I didn't notice any enemy spot me when I was buried deep last night.

We'll definately use the C-130 more often, possibly when MH get's the new version of Dom enacted. I'm looking at using the C-130 exclusively for some towns, with "pathfinders" paradropping in ahead of time to take out AA. That's a little ways out, though.