Spartans Home

Announcing: Sparta Tactical Domination Nights: UPDATED

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Announcement!

User posted image

Greetings Spartans and all those who play on our server,

Starting this Friday, and hopefully every friday afterwards, we will be locking the server down for "Tactical Domination Nights." What is Tactical Domination? It is the same gametype we've been playing every night, except the server will be closed down to only those on TS, and it will be highly organized. This means no run-n-gun, lonewolf type of play. Everyone plays as one unit, moving only as fast or as slow as the commander decides.

Everyone will have their specific role, and will play only as that role. This means pilots will only ferry troops/vehicles back and forth, and will not provide any other support. A commander will be picked for each town, and a plan will be made in advance before anyone is allowed to move forward.

Here are the rules:

1. The server, on Fridays only, will be open only to those on TS and only to those who want to play tactically.

2. A "Commander" will be picked or volunteered for each town, and he has the sole authority over the success of the mission. The commander can be any person on TS who wishes to volunteer. If no one wants to do it, a SPARTA member is defacto commander. To take the load off of the primary commander, another commander can be picked to lead a secondary team, under the Primary Commander's direction.

3. Side missions are off limits.

4. Air assets are not allowed, rotary wing vehicles are ok, but pilots are only to ferry troops/vehicles back and forth. We're going to keep this a mission for grunts.

5. Talk in TS is to be minimized, only to call out targets or to request help. Second-guessing the commander is not allowed.

6. Due to the high demand to pilot choppers, pilots are asked to change out each mission.

We will try this out for our first time on Friday, so bear with us if everything doesn't go down as smoothly as expected. We will give the password out on Thursday, ensuring everyone has had a chance to read the rules. Those not wishing to participate are welcome to join our regular UK Domination Server.

New Rules for September 18, 2009 - Sparta AirCav Mission (by Xeno)

1. The server, on Fridays only, will be open only to those on TS and only to those who want to play tactically. Lonewolf tactics will get you kicked.

2. A "Commander" will be picked or volunteered for each town, and he has the sole authority over the success of the mission. The commander can be any person on TS who wishes to volunteer. If no one wants to do it, a SPARTA member is defacto commander. To take the load off of the primary commander, another commander can be picked to lead a secondary team, under the Primary Commander's direction.

3. Pilots are only to ferry troops/vehicles back and forth. They will not be able to participate in direct action. We're going to keep this a mission for grunts.

4. Talk in TS is to be minimized, only to call out targets or to request help. Second-guessing the commander is not allowed. Mutual respect is requested.

5. Due to the high demand to pilot choppers, Pilots will be required to change out every hour, on the hour.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in foh shaw - can you give me the time zone bcoz i am on other side of world - might need to get up at crack of dawn which is ok.

Also, you say you will issue pw on thursday nite - where will it be issued? here or do i have to get to ts?

thanx in advance

this is going to be great fun.

Lighty

Count me in as well. I think "Cobrav22" said he'll be playing as well (My Neighbor).

Although we have been civilians for some time now, I'm sure we can both function in a tactical manner due to our 'jarhead' background...

See you guys on Friday!

Oh lawd, I don't think we can handle any Marines in-game! (jk from a Soldier)

The password will be issued here, in the original post of this thread, so everyone has the chance to read the rules before hopping on.

TAC DOM will start on Friday whenever our British admins get on and set the server up, which should be fairly early. It will last all night.

Basically it will be like tonight (since everyone was on comms) but a bit more structured. Pause after each town to plan next assault in some detail, more coordination of assaults etc.

We may progress to veteran mode where there will be no friendly or enemy markers on the map. Straying from the group will make it tough to be revived. But we will see how it goes.

There are 30 slots in game and we have more than enough room for everyone on TS.

I had a great time, Durka. I can say being the commander is tough although I took the early slot and delegated the main attack to EMT. Andrewman, awesome, good plan, difficult town. Well done everyone, and special thanks to those who had a bash at commandership.

We could try split comms using channel commander to keep the teams in sync, next time.

was really good tonight, some ppl really know their stuff :bowing:

it felt much better with everyone on comms and it being all coordinated.

i grabbed some vids for others to see and hear what it was like, although only capped at about 15 fps so i'll have to see how the vid encode handles it, it might all be totally useless footage :/ i'll bang it on youtube as HD this weekend if it worked ok.

Last night - the first of the TAC DOMS that I have played was awesome, kept me on until after midnight....... My first time coordinating 24 players was truely enjoyable, I specifically liked the sniper team being shot out of the air before they had even reached their LZ - a moment of "any plan will not survive first contact". LOL

Thanks to the squad leaders, pilots and some raw precision shooting, casualities were light after that.

My thanks to Zeno and Durka who made it look easy, and to the whole assualt team, thanks to Sparta for hosting, what will I am sure be a very popular Friday night.

I agree channel commander would be very useful for multi-phased plans. However getting it set-up with guys who have not used it before can be a ball-ache.

Quote of my night was :-

TINKER - "if you had stayed put, like I said, you wouldn't all be dead now" - nice one Tink

Andrewman you did a solid job on commanding thanks.

I think its possible to limit the ball ache and split comms with only guys that know how to use channel commander using it :D

maybe ?

Aplha team

Bravo team

Charlie team

Sniper team

Announcement!

User posted image

Greetings Spartans and all those who play on our server,

I had a great time with the few operatins I participated in. My compliments to all who stepped forward to command and "herd cats".

For the most part everyone listened to commands and didn't go "full retard/rambo" and I was pretty pleased with that.

Looking forward to doing it again. Thanks to all responsible for setting this up. :)

Hi All,

Great games last night. I think we should have a 24/7 passworded Tactical Domination server and a separate TS channel obviously.

I have used the whisper keys in TS before with GR.net and it is not difficult to set up, excepting finding enough spare keys.