Spartans Home

Battlefield 3 LOSC Server (US)

MH6~SPARTA~

I've rented a 32-player server for us to use in Battlefield 3, and it is now LIVE.

The details are as follows:

Server Name: Legion of Sparta (VA, US)

IP Address: 64.34.200.137:20267

Max Players: 32

Game Mode: Conquest

Kill Cam: OFF

3D Spotting: OFF

Minimap Spotting: ON

HUD: OFF

Friendly Fire: ON

Health Regen: OFF (Can turn on, depends on which setting you guys prefer--wanted to give medics a job)

Everything else is pretty much set to default. The current settings are needed to show up as a Hardcore server.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. We could theoretically fill up the server with LOSC members :)

I agree with the health regen settings. Anything to make it feel more "hardcore" ala ARMA. I've also noticed that when you get used to these settings and then switch over to the normal arcade settings it feels like your cheating.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

3D spotting is the ability to get a red mark on screen denoting where the enemy is ahead of you, correct?

Yep.

I've never been a huge fan of it, as it tracks no matter where you go not just last known location.

Also tanks become airplane / engineer fodder in seconds after being spotted.

* ONLY SQUAD LEADER SPAWN Off

I was curious about squad leader spawn. Obviously we will have a better grasp on its impact when we start playing but I appreciated the servers that had it turned on, meaning a dead player could only spawn on their live squad leader. It seemed to make Squad leaders play a more important role.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

No you don't get on Ts and we will help.........If I can do this then you can do this as long as you payed for the game but if you are waiting for a hard copy yep gotta wait.

Sadly, hard copy from Amazon.

I toyed with the idea of cancelling and getting from origin but as I pre-ordered before a certain date I get the pre-order bonus maps and other stuff.

I guess nobody made the all nighter... 8:15 am and no one is on... Ill be home around 6 est. Cya all then.

Server started dying around 1AM EST. I went to bed shortly before the server switched to Operation Metro, and it was still on Metro this morning, so everyone probably left because they were sick of the map. biggrin.gif

I've removed Metro from the lineup now though.

Some of us are sitting at work watching everyone enjoy BF3... MH6 you took the day off? 1 am damn, past my bedtime!

I will say that it is nice that we have so many people that bought this game, I believe our server will always be full due to the amount of us in it. Hopefully our server has a low ping so many people choose our server over others.

Oh yeah, talking about being at job and looking at ppl enjoying the game... there are something like 10 ppl right now in the TS BF3 channel...

by the time i ll be back home, ppl will be Colonel 63 Stars and I am still corporate 3 stars.... lol..

well.. I will take this game with a lot of philosophy :) I will get in my Tank and will never come out.. lol..

I have been playing non stop since 3am EST. I went to bed at 10PM so I could be rested up for an all day session and I find out that they allowed East Coast US to start playing at 12 Midnight.... THEM Bastages!

Played most of the day with Skaz and Medic and boy did we hurt some dudes! There was not enough people on the Sparta server so I hunted for a server that was HC, PB, Ranked, 32 Player in North America. Later in the day when folks started to come home from work we dropped out of the other server and joined the Sparta server. So far I have played on 4 server in which I know the owner and they all exhibit lack periods..... some are small micro stuttery lag, others, 3 steps forward, two steps back laggy.

The game so far is playing great and as soon as there is blood back in my hands, I am kicking off another session!

Being devils advocate I did not enjoy the evening as game play was mostly played like teamdeath match and every time I turned I was killed leaving our capped spawn (playing with mostly our freinds)

I'm sure as I get better It will get better but what about new folks to the game how will it be on them?

I freakin love this game. I thought I would have to upgrade my pc in order for this game to look good, but was amazed at how well it was optimized. The weapon sounds are fantastic and the ability to change your camo/features is a good touch. I belive this game is worth every penny.