Spartans Home

Battlefield 3 LOSC Server (US)

MH6~SPARTA~

I agree, last night was a lot of fun... Even though I had to leave to get my beauty sleep.

I dont see why we are having such a hard time filling up the server though. I know we get it started, but no one ever joins us. A few random people maybe.

BTW: Score last night... 66 and 20. Just saying :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, last night was a lot of fun... Even though I had to leave to get my beauty sleep.

I dont see why we are having such a hard time filling up the server though. I know we get it started, but no one ever joins us. A few random people maybe.

BTW: Score last night... 66 and 20. Just saying :)

Turn the hacks and cheats off, then we'll see who's got the better score.

Seriously though, even being right next to the damn server, I was seeing some delay in the time I shoot versus the time an enemy shoots. Basically, I'd pie the corner with the scope up and see an enemy. Immediately I fire and die. My bullets most of the time, don't even register as hits. This is pretty consistent as a one on one encounter. Most of my kills are distance kills from people running from one point to another. Incidentally, this is how I die most of the time as well. Running to another area, swapping weapons or reloading while moving or being spawn killed.

I am curious if I were to set up my dual on-board nics as send and receive, would I see much difference. My guess is no as they are gigabit nics. I am not sure, what I could do to outside of modifying my game play into more of a camping and support role, but that means one less person attempting to capture flags, or attack/defend objectives.

Thoughts?

Turn the hacks and cheats off, then we'll see who's got the better score.

Seriously though, even being right next to the damn server, I was seeing some delay in the time I shoot versus the time an enemy shoots. Basically, I'd pie the corner with the scope up and see an enemy. Immediately I fire and die. My bullets most of the time, don't even register as hits. This is pretty consistent as a one on one encounter. Most of my kills are distance kills from people running from one point to another. Incidentally, this is how I die most of the time as well. Running to another area, swapping weapons or reloading while moving or being spawn killed.

I am curious if I were to set up my dual on-board nics as send and receive, would I see much difference. My guess is no as they are gigabit nics. I am not sure, what I could do to outside of modifying my game play into more of a camping and support role, but that means one less person attempting to capture flags, or attack/defend objectives.

Thoughts?

What weapon and sights were you using the majority of the time? I've found that makes a huge difference, depending on what you use. Apparently the SCAR-H rapes, wish I had it unlocked.

Could it be your computer performance is suffering? Or is ur computer the shit and is getting good fps?

I don't believe it is your internet. What scope/gun/ combo are you using most of the time. You were hitting me like crazy yesterday. As soon as I get shot once, I drop to the ground to try and get out of there alive.

We will play tonight medic, some conquest and stick with me. Well see if it's you or your internet.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

I have been using the SCAR-H for the majority of the game. Matter of fact, I have most of the addons unlocked for it (I have 3 left.) For the most part, I use the IRNV scope to spot targets. I know the gun really lacks at long distance even with the heavy barrel or suppressor. So, CQB is what I try to work at. Losing half of the one on one fights is really frustrating. Battlelog says it has an ROF of 600 while some of the other guns have a ROF of 800. maybe I need to start working on a ROF 800 gun.

Edit. I mean I have 267 kills with the SCAR-H, so it's no slouch.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

I personally use the M16A3 with a suppressor, front handle, with IR - Scope. Works well for me. Also I bring along the g-nade launcher, for the snipers that got me cornered...Cough cough MH6!

I agree with your statement to go with a ROF 800 weapon. maybe that will be it. I see eveyrone carrying around a heavy MG. I pick it up and can't hit shit. So it is really all about preference. I dont even care about any other gun for the Assult class. I know ill just stick to the M16a3. When i get it for the russians though, i will be unstoppable!!! muahaahhahah and after some Dr. Pepper... I'll be able to change time itself and end people just by thinking about them ( 3 wolf moon dogtag)

It definitely seems like ROF is the way to play this game. Even an m249 will get out damaged by assault rifles point blank.

I guess this game we have to redefine long range. It is rare for me to engage a target over 200m as infantry so far.

COVR specialization seemed to help a lot too, seem to hit a lot better when there is incoming fire.

Edited by AlarmedBread