Spartans Home

~SPARTA~ Birthday Bash

DaiSan

Just throwing this out there nice and early.

Now obviously due to time differences etc I can only really suggest things for the Euro time zone but I was thinking of things we could do to celebrate.

Large scale games like ArmA take a lot of organising (though I'm more than willing to help get everyone squared away with MOD's etc) but I was thinking of something more along the lines of:

Left For Dead 2 in versus mode.

Huge amounts of fun, most people have a copy already and no server required.

We could even knock up a quick league for the night for a laugh. Random team selection in the first round then stick with that team from then on.

Just some thoughts anyway.

Good idea, Dai. I feel a little uncomfortable having fun on that day, I wouldnt want us to appear disrespectful even though September 11 is the anniversary of Sparta's creation. If my concern is unfounded lets go ahead, otherwise lets do it a couple of days later.

I was thinking about something today. Is there a way that some of our modding crew could get together and create a special mission for our birthday for Arma. Nothing fancy just a quick large scale mission for everyone who wants to play to get in and fight like mad. I had a rough idea for a mission however some of my scripting might not be up to par for some of the supporting scripts. This way no one would need mods they don't already have. If you guys like the Idea I could start working on a preliminary plan tonight and have a rough draft ready for a community view by this weekend. It would be a simple yet fun mission we could play for a long time without really requiring a whole lot of tactical direction. More of a community hang out mission where we can all blow things up and have fun together.

Let me know what you guys think about it.

Good idea, Dai. I feel a little uncomfortable having fun on that day; I wouldn?t want us to appear disrespectful even though September 11 is the anniversary of Sparta's creation. If my concern is unfounded lets go ahead, otherwise let?s do it a couple of days later.

Speaking as an American, while we all remember the significance of 9/11 forgoing a celebration of our community?s birth in favor of remembering a national tragedy is not the proper outlook to have. While I remember that day clearly it would be nice to honor that day by spending it with the friends we have made and share some laughter and fun instead of focusing on a very negative event that, honestly was 10 years ago this year. There is a time for morning and a time for life to move on. I think that this celebration is just the thing to allow those of us who still morn that day to move forward with good friends and joy.

This sounds like a great plan and whilst September 11th is a day of global relevance, we can't mourn forever.

As for games, aside from ARMA, I have lfd2 but that's about all from the latest lists.

How about some OGR or GRAW or maybe bf2142?

This sounds like a great plan and whilst September 11th is a day of global relevance, we can't mourn forever.

As for games, aside from ARMA, I have lfd2 but that's about all from the latest lists.

How about some OGR or GRAW or maybe bf2142?

Why not a three day gaming bender from that Friday until that Sunday with some events like the LFD2 and Arma events scheduled out with activities and cake. We could do a Battlebus thing maybe some other goofy things on Arma for a day and then do a more serious thing scheduled. Just so we can have something to look at for everyone to get a piece of the fun.

I have no problem with it being on 9/11. If anything, at least for us gaming lovers, it's a testament to the strength of the free world. Heinous acts of heartless violence were committed that day to dishearten, discourage, and strike fear into the people of America and our allies. 10 years later we're still here, standing strong as ever amongst great friends and allies. Our freedom and our way of life remains unchanged and unhindered. Now lets stick it to some digital terrorists and zombies and honor (in our own way) those who have died, fought, and sacrificed so that we may get together and celebrate this community and our lives as citizens of a free world!

That's the spirit Rooster as it only made us stronger and brought New Yorkers even closer during a time that they would never look another in the eye

while walking where as now a FDNY, PDNY or Port authotity hat is cherished even a Ny Mets haha.

Dai that is a great idea count me in.

So I was sitting around my dad's house a few years back and said Dad I can't remember your Birthday his response was "Son once I tell you you will never forget"

and now I will never forget both 9/11 or My Fathers Birthday on Sept 11th.

I remember staying at the Newark Airport Holiday Inn and having a view across the bay of Manhatten of which the towers were the most distinguished landmark.

Just so you guys are aware I am working on cleaning up a simple defensive mission for the birthday bash for the Arma crowd. In addition to it the final version of my Mosque raid mission will be finshed by then and I am looking for an idea for anouther one and would welcome any cool and fun ideas people have for a simple run and gun mission for the events.

I was thinking maybe a dogfight mission with some armor action or something like that. Maybe go download some vietnam era or before aircraft and make a big dogfight with respawning AI and friendly aircraft or a WW2 mod one with a big tank battle below the dogfight.

Please keep in mind that with the exception of the Mosque mission these are without a real objective and are more to play togather and make pretty explosions happen.

Wow, sometimes I see myself as a "limited" player .. lol.. I don t have Any of the above game list but Arma :)

soo..

I can be totally in for any Arma event and thinking of some good shooting fun, would the nice ol' INSURGENCY work for that? A lot of nuts CQC and we just have to get in and kick arses, not even having the modders to think too much about it :)

The Dogfight Mission is a lot of fun :)

One of the rare circumstances in which Arma can be easily played PvP. We tested on Gunthar server and with an average of 150 ping was really playable.

Due to the difficult aspect of working with lag for moving targets in Arma, I guess the Dogfight requires a restriction on pings not higher than a certain level. We played well at 150, not sure what s the threshold.

Actually the scenario on Gunthar test was very simple and open. Take off, seek and destroy, land and rearm (if you can).

The rearm site worked for me when I was hosting, didn t work anymore when Gunthar was hosting, Arma mysteries...

Of course the mission can be modified, made more complicated etc etc but we found it very entertaining just as simple it is, hunt for the enemy and shoot it down :)

Missile fight is not too simple, of course the avionic is not existent, click and lock, however Missiles MISS a lot so it makes quite fair.

Guns fight a lot depends on Ping and general lag, it s mostly Spray and Pray.

A lot of fun overall.