Spartans Home

Air Assault - Papercut production version

Zeno~SPARTA~

I don't fancy the chances of survival much hanging off a sheet of plywood glued to the side of a helicopter made of reasonably thin aluminium.

:hysterical:

I second that emotion mate.

Very well done everyone involved. It can be disorientating jumping from the helo and trying to see which way you need to go while trying to avoid the tail rotor, in the dust, but everyone coped really well and I was greatly impressed.

I found the TeamHud a real asset as the junctions were just the right size to see all my squad mates positions and orientations.

As Zeno said, Comms discipline was excellent with no undue chatter, Only thing I would have liked to hear was a bit more communication between the Pilots but that's the idea of practice and training :thumbsup:

All in all a fantastic job and I can't wait to go get OBL in the virtual world.

PS: I have equipped everyone with safety goggles so hopefully we no longer sound like an assault troop from the local Asthma clinic :stars-mind:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed that taining. It was a clean and well done job.

Only comment could be the last 2 insertions where a bit "relaxed" flying a bit too high.

It would be possible gradually add some enemy fire? Starting with a couple of Manned antiAir.

I think understanding the operational Antiair reaction and speed would help. Pilots could also test evasive manouvers.

In fact actually flying a straight line, low altitude insertion route is being quite simple (they shoed they are good at it). What if suddenly you are under fire?

Maybe mission commander wants to evaluate what is the risk thresold, considering when a Pilot has to disengage and evade failing delivery.

At this point we are making a training movie, which when polished will be filmed properly.

You all stuck with the training for a long time but the pilots were getting tired.

Next time we go straight to the streets and only train for 1 hour at the most.

When we want to try hot inserts we will do it in domination, we have tried it once, it is doable with good recon.

haha I second the emotion for no inserts under fire. That wouldn't be the best/smartest thing :hysterical:

Hey maybe Dai can now make a mission where the baddies don't spawn until the helos hit a certain point, meaning they spawn once the helos get to the LZ. They have to unload and get out before the bad guys start coming around looking for them. :bird223:

Training was excellent today.

We need to all have our keys sorted for putting goggles and earplugs on, catch me during the week for help.

We will be tightening up the delay to 5 seconds.

we tried a hot insert into a live AO and by golly it worked (well one chopper hit a lamp post) but we put an effective force into position and pretty much moved on to own the center of the AO. Well done everyone and to JHunter our decoy - awesome use of flares.

Lets try to get 20 people for the finale next week please.

We need to all have our keys sorted for putting goggles and earplugs on, catch me during the week for help.

I'll have to take you up on that offer at some point as i'm one of the dastardly un-goggled culprits. The assault on the AO went surprisingly well even with the initial loss of a chopper but do we need to bring a bit more AT with us in future? I don't want to complicate things too much but we could always have Charlie and Delta carrying some spare AT missiles for Alpha and Bravo along with their standard assigned loadouts.

Initial insert with AT is good we just need to remember to carry a Radio to call in a crate lol

Hot Air Assault insert for the win, good job EVERYONE

I had Audioslave's "Shadow on the Sun" rocking as we took off, and (to copy Zeno) by golly, it was awesome! I would love to see a full assault on somewhere (3 LB's, 5 squaddies per, pilots, + decoy/gunship blackhawk) with a video to back it up.

Oh, and see

for the epic awesomeness that air assaults could become. Edited by AJsarge