Spartans Home

Air Assault - Papercut production version

Zeno~SPARTA~

Following an attempt to organize the ground forces yesterday, we have made some changes.

When you join you should fill all the slots from the top down

The slots will look like this

Alpha_1_N_L_MG

Alpha_2_E_L_AT

Alpha_3_S_L_MG

Alpha_4_W_L_AT

Bravo_1_N_R_AT

Bravo_2_E_R_MG

Bravo_3_S_R_AT

Bravo_4_W_R_MG

Charlie_1_X_L_GL

Charlie_2_X_L_MG

Charlie_3_X_L_GL

Charlie_4_X_L_Z

Delta_1_X_R_GL

Delta_2_X_R_MG

Delta_3_X_R_GL

Delta_4_X_R_Z

As you can see each slot indicates what role and which position you will take.

Alpha chopper will drop it fire team

Alpha_1_N_L_MG

Alpha_2_E_L_AT

Alpha_3_S_L_MG

Alpha_4_W_L_AT

Alpha 1 will take position north on the left and will be armed with an MG

Alpha 2 will take position East on the left armed with an AT

and so on,

Charlie and Delta squads will push in the agreed direction of travel as set by the commander, x represents that direction, Charlie will take the left and Delta will take the right

z represents the 2 marksmen, for the purposes of this excersize there will be no weapon selection you will be armed appropriately.

The recon team will have explosives should the LZ need to be cleared.

This new plan incorporates ideas presented by a variety of people, including Peter and Noobiachi and should make it easier for people to deploy.

In future when we train I would ask that until a break is called we refrain from presenting new ideas as this tends to delay training. Once a break is called we can review how things went, how individuals can improve and how the plan can be made simpler. This will be less frustrating and the execution less intimidating (I dont mean to be but sometimes I am).

My ambition is to deploy 16 infantry in a very short period of time, once we have done that we can progress to movement towards the objective. In this regard I am crap, so if we train for the next step we need someone who has this ability, I know a couple of people but do not want to volunteer anyone.

Z

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou Peter, I havent had 16 volunteers, never had more than 8

I am calling for 16 infantry to "act" in a film. You will disembark from a chopper and go to a spot then the choppers will come back and pick you up, Once we do this properly it will be filmed. If we get to the point where its second nature a mission will be built around it.

For the film there will be no AI enemyand no recon. Are there enough people here willing to help me. That is the question.

Can you call a time for the infantry practise, to see what support you can get?

This might not seem necessary but it certainly helps me, so maybe others too. I can be available almost any time, with sufficient notice but real life dictates that I can't just get online for 20:30 every night. In addition I need to fit in the GRAW comp with Dai-San.

I'm not trying to sound negative as I'm not, this kind of thing really appeals to me and I'm keen to see it succeed.

Dai wonders why everyone took a step backwards? Looks like I just volunteered :allgood:

I'll second that!

On an unrelated note, are you ok for mission 2 tonight, if we're not practising the air assault.

Air assault ground rehearsal, will be Saturday 9pm UK time (10pm Euro time, 4pm EST)

Here are the designations again

Alpha_1_N_L_MG

Alpha_2_E_L_AT

Alpha_3_S_L_MG

Alpha_4_W_L_AT

Bravo_1_N_R_AT

Bravo_2_E_R_MG

Bravo_3_S_R_AT

Bravo_4_W_R_MG

Charlie_1_X_L_GL

Charlie_2_X_L_MG

Charlie_3_X_L_GL

Charlie_4_X_L_Z

Delta_1_X_R_GL

Delta_2_X_R_MG

Delta_3_X_R_GL

Delta_4_X_R_Z

Good Job Peter I think thats very clear

For the purposes of this rehearsal Charlie and Delta squads will double up on Alpha and Bravo

Also note, no matter what direction the chopper approaches you will always go to your designated spot