Spartans Home

Flying and driving MHQ on the main server

Zeno~SPARTA~

After last night (Wen 23 Dec) I'm not sure that all vehicles need to be by list. Two incidents while I was on where a player both shot at or ran into (by all evidence intentionaly) Helo. The first I was just landing at the rearming pad when a player (who's name I did not get) rand an aVP into me at full speed. The other had one of the large Rocket launchers and I believe (not sure) he shot our chopper out of the air on the base.

I don't normally xomplain and, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not registering a complaint here. Just expressing concern with facts.

Sorry I didn't get the name.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time see if any admins are on Teamspeak, or grab the name of the individual. Unfortunately we can't control all misconduct but we can try to mitigate it sometimes. Sorry if this affected your enjoyment.

Hey, one Numskull does nothing to stop a great ArmA 2 server like you guys have. It ws merily....distracting.

could some of the Admins put me on this flight list? im normaly fly not infantry :(....im a airsupporter.

Flying the A-10, F-35 or get the boys out of the hell if they need an EVAC.

Player Name: Atac

Player ID: 2481922

would be nice cause im everyday ive got time im on your server.

Thanks

could some of the Admins put me on this flight list? im normaly fly not infantry :(....im a airsupporter.

Thanks

All done mate, enjoy.

Thanks

On our server if you attack an AO with air assets without being invited by the ground commander (if they have one) or by the ground pounders (if they dont have a commander), you will lose your flying privileges.

It would be nice if you could edit the attack planes/choppers back in (plus the Apache, normal and with sidewinders if you can do that) with the advent of the fixed-wing list.

The other option if we do that is to institute a "Combat aircraft" section instead of fixed wing to include the AH-1 and AH-64.

Restrict combat aircraft to those who have proven (in front of an admin on a private/empty server) that they can handle flying the aircraft, know the always-effective aircraft ROE, and that they can follow orders without whining.

Change some of the messages on the server to "You need to be on our TS server and talk to an admin if you want to fly any aircraft or drive the MHQs. We will not hesitate to kick/ban you if you grief because you get auto ejected by the system." and I think we'll be set.

Edited by AJsarge

The other option if we do that is to institute a "Combat aircraft" section instead of fixed wing to include the AH-1 and AH-64.

This is already underway, a new category for Attack Chopper has been added to the server list, but the software running on the game server is not using it as of yet.

Our server is not aircraft centric, the focus is on the ground guys. We only occasionally use air support, it only really makes sense when there are few on the server. When there are many on the server all attack aircraft only entertain the pilots. 20 people with potentially 120 smaws can put paid to any amount of armour in the AO. At this time Attack helicopters and A10s with standoff, fire and forget hellfires ruin the game.

Thats the way it has been and thats the way it is.

Hello Sparta admins

I was told to request pilot status to be put on the list.. HAMMERJ 10176 of hammerjebda

mature , probly only gonna fly for transport of troops and such but would be helpful.

Thanks

Lothaar here.

Been playing on your server for a bit now and havin a great time.

I set up my flight controllers and got everything configured and trimmed out. Have been doing a lot of practice with transport chopper in specific and would like to start flying on the main domination server.

Thanks

Just a reminder for all on very basic etiquette for flying helo's:

1) Remember that by default nobody can fly the helo. If you can, its a privilege.

2) If you use a helo, announce what you are using it for on TS. If you are not on TS, then you should not be flying.

3) If you are flying a transport helo, announce your takeoff from the base and give others a chance to get a ride.

Pretty simple. If you can't work with that, let me know and I'll be happy to take you off the fly list.

hi all

keeping the nut jobs n wackos out the air is always going to improve the game so thumbs up from me lad's.

p.s tho i do think some limited armed air assests would be a good tac..