Spartans Home

COD MW2 (NO DEDICATED SERVER EVER) P2P only !

NoScream~SPARTA~

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geeze over 50000 so far and everytime you click it it keeps going up and up, We @ TuG were waiting for CODMW2 and OFP2 and hoped for server files for both :(, i hope Cm do release a worthwhile patch.

All TuG pre-orders have been cancelled hopefully enough will do the same to make them listern.

JJ

Unfortunately, that's one reason I don't take on-line petitions as seriously, or any for that matter. It's too easy to dupilcate your name, change your IP, ect and they won't listen anyways. Too bad for IW, though, because I have a feeling they'll get the message in the first month's of sales.

I'm still cynicall though, people have a bad habit of disregarding piles of poop because the packaging is uber-kewl. <_<

The petition is up at 72,000 - that is a lot of missed revenue if everyone who says they aren't going to purchase, doesn't.

I am watching with baited breath to see if the power of population can change the minds of the board-room, their own forums stack an incredible number of flames and boasts it's own petition of 34,000 players, some of whom represent sizeable clans.

no dedi server - no mods - no choosing which maps to rotate - no thank you

I do think however that simulation (FSX,LOMAC,ARMA) and strategy games (Total War series) will continue to be a largely PC-only genre though. They are generally just too complex for a consoles simplified controls and capabilities. But I don't doubt the rest of the games will continue their shift into the console market.

Unfortunately, this only holds true for the current console generation. Consider this: what if the next Xbox or PlayStation was designed with Mouse & Keyboard controls in mind? And what if MS or Sony required developers to support M&K when applicable, along with dual-analog controllers? To be honest, the current-gen consoles ARE fairly impressive machines, especially when you consider the cost to the consumer. So think about how much more capable the NEXT-gen will be--particularly with M&K support.

With more powerful machines that the next-gen is sure to bring and PC control schemes, consoles would directly encroach upon what has been PC-exclusive territory. If you follow the PC gaming industry at all, you know that Microsoft in particular would be absolutely thrilled if this happened, even if they would be unwilling to openly admit this in so many words.

Next-gen machines will most likely be able to run the high-end PC games of today, and if that's the case, what incentive does a developer have to publish PC-exclusive titles? What incentive would they have to publish PC titles at all, when the market will likely be very small (and I'm not even bringing up the issue of piracy). And history already shows that MS and Sony will be willing to take a loss on initial hardware sales in order to increase software sales, because that's where the real money is due to licensing fees.

My prediction--which I hope ends up being wrong--is that we'll all be gaming on consoles exclusively in ten years or less. If it doesn't happen after the upcoming generation of consoles, then surely after that.

Believe me, I'd be really happy to eat my own words on this one.

** Edit ** For the purpose of staying on-topic, I can say that I won't be getting MW2, at least not the initial release. Since I have no interest in the multiplayer, there's no reason for me to pay $60 for a short single-player game. But when the price comes down to $40 or less--probably on sale on Steam in a year or so--I'll get it to play the single-player campaign, which I'm hoping will be fun.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut

My prediction--which I hope ends up being wrong--is that we'll all be gaming on consoles exclusively in ten years or less. If it doesn't happen after the upcoming generation of consoles, then surely after that.

Believe me, I'd be really happy to eat my own words on this one.

Not that one pair of feet walking has that much effect but if console gaming is where this is going I'll find a new hobby. Never been a console fan and too old to start now.

I won't sign that petition to get a game with dedicated servers. If those devs are willing to kill a guaranteed blockbuster title, I'm not interested in supporting them, regardless of if they give us what we deserved in the first place.

Give me a developer that is happy to create something that is pc-centric in at least some areas and they will get my money.