Spartans Home

COD MW2 (NO DEDICATED SERVER EVER) P2P only !

NoScream~SPARTA~

Infinity Ward fuck up MW2 !!! nice one...............

Stream confirming no dedicated COD MW2 server support

pod cast Console port lan. (no support on launch)

Listen here

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2369799

http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/80627/

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/vi...?f=13&t=121800

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?op...739&Itemid=111

I listened to the whole PODCAST and @ 1'39" (1hour 39 mins) Infinity Ward guy joins the

POD cast and @ 1' 41" 50 he confirms:

Ingame browser is by IWnet, No Dedicated Server !! all P2P

COD MW2 KILLER

NO CLAN HOSTING !! not only Cm ...... but IW now... SAD

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmpf very dissapointing

Fourzerotwo was on our BASH webcast this morning and he had a few surprises for the PC community.

Here are the snippets:

We're doing a lot on the backend to make the game accessible for everyone.

There is no delay for the PC version of MW2

There's prestige mode

Jason West at the MP event, said that he was dead on, on the matchmaking servers. We've been building a system on the backend called IW.NET.

You are completely reliant on IW.NET. There are no server lists. There are no dedicated servers.

You have private matches where you can customize the game

You cannot put MW2 on a dedicated server.

This is the first time we've ever done something like this and the team has huge plans for what IW.NET develops into.

Customizing your game...you have quite a few options in a private match

You're getting same game (as in Console), plus matchmaking and private match.

Server admin point-of view, NO DEDICATED SERVERS

I've summarized some of my own thoughts from the cast here:

General

* IW partnering through Steam is what you will see in the future. Matchmaking is not through Steam, but IW.NET is run in conjunction with Steam.

* GSP's will no longer be renting out servers.

* No PunkBuster. VAC will be used as an anti cheat.

* Retail distribution: Pre-orders will get a disk. Or you could order from Steam.

* DLC may now need to be paid for - not confirmed.

* Piracy was only a small reason for going to IW.NET - not the whole reason.

Clans:

* No more clan servers. Private matches, replace clan servers.

* Listen servers will connect to each other.

* IW.NET/Steam will replace the community server admin

Competitive Gaming

* Competitive gaming has changed forever.

* It might be possible in the future for IW engineers to load a "competitive" setting on IW.NET, but it is far from a guarantee. It might also never happen.

Modding

* Modding the game is now very much in question. Fourzerotwo had no info on modding. However, it appears that there will be no mods or maps for MW2.

* Modding in SpecOps? Unknown.

Sweet..... lol this puts OFP2 & MW2 in the same shit hole !

Its not good news tho is it. In my local shops MW is still selling for £24.99 I can see MW2 being £5.00 after the same time without dedi servers.

i have been waiting months for this game and now i am crushed, thanks for the info. So glad i bought an xbox. They are completely ruining my PC game experience. Im just glad some people still play COD4.

As far as im concerned they can shove it now. Pre order cancelled, im not paying for a game with no multiplayer dedi servers.

2 games i couldnt wait to get my teeth into where this and OFP2. Both lacking my favourite type of game play. MULTIPLAYER!

I know it isnt for everyone but hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Edited by Krambo

As far as i can see its going to be the console version on the PC. So i dont see people paying for this game. Its going to be Xbox live without the free download content.

I know most are in deep with ARMA2 but we had loads of fun with Sparta on COD4 and i know alot of you lot like it, im sure alot where looking forward to MW2 aswell, even though they might not admit it!

Hours of fun friday/saturday crouch nights. We can kiss all that goodbye.

COD RIP

Stuff like this is going to smash the PC market, Nvidia, ATi are going to take a huge hit. People probably had the intention of buying new gfx cards etc for this game. Hell I did it for GRAW a couple years ago, now they drop this bomb?

WOW! spineless to$$ers doing it few weeks before release date. How scheming can you get!!!!

Stuff like this is going to smash the PC market, Nvidia, ATi are going to take a huge hit. People probably had the intention of buying new gfx cards etc for this game. Hell I did it for GRAW a couple years ago, now they drop this bomb?

WOW! spineless to$$ers doing it few weeks before release date. How scheming can you get!!!!

There will always be companies who will capitolize off the dumb-arsed mistakes of those like IW.

I don't want to toot BIS's horns here, but what they lack in coding knowledge, they make up for in support of their customers. Same with Oleg and the people behind IL2.

What is the world coming to.

It is clear there has been a paradigm shift in online gaming to the detriment of the community.

We can only hope that the other games we are waiting for are not similarly affected, but we should expect the worst.

I wonder if the community as a whole has the resources to create a game and go its own way (probably fantasizing)

COD mulitplayer sucks for you bud, but many people enjoy it.

Well to be fair I hated it because of the community, not the game itself. Maybe it's better when you play with people you know, because when I played COD4 MP I got fed up with all the "OMG HEADSHOT NOOB LOL"-type players. It reminded me too much of Counterstrike. Not to mention the fact that hackers were rampant.

Still, don't think I'll be picking up the next COD game, esp. since it seems the devs are only interested in consoles.

Well to be fair I hated it because of the community, not the game itself. Maybe it's better when you play with people you know, because when I played COD4 MP I got fed up with all the "OMG HEADSHOT NOOB LOL"-type players. It reminded me too much of Counterstrike. Not to mention the fact that hackers were rampant.

Still, don't think I'll be picking up the next COD game, esp. since it seems the devs are only interested in consoles.

It does have alot 2 do with the community, i cant stand playing the game without being on TS. I enjoy all the banter that comes with it, if you did play with these guys MH6 then it won't disappoint. Anyway each to their own, i am quite enjoying the OF:DR coop at the moment.

Looks like the console world is the way to go for companys now, more monies.

Choices We have.

1) All buy Xbox 360 & PS3

2) Write games in MS Excel

3) Play Sparta Vaders

Hell I have a PS3 and I only play it once every two months or less. And no way in hell I'm every getting a Xbox. The fact that you have to pay a monthly fee to play online when you already have a cable connection is pretty damn stupid. Just a testament to Microsoft's greed really.

I do think however that simulation (FSX,LOMAC,ARMA) and strategy games (Total War series) will continue to be a largely PC-only genre though. They are generally just too complex for a consoles simplified controls and capabilities. But I don't doubt the rest of the games will continue their shift into the console market.

It's not just a monetary issue either. Developing for PCs is substantially more difficult than consoles. After all, you have to write code that will work on hundreds of different PCs with various configurations. That's a lot harder than writing software for a specific console with only a few variations in hardware. As such, console games are almost always pretty stable and generally error-free. Not so much for PC games. Hell it took me three days to get Empire: Total War working again (though I'm oh so glad I did. Time to conquer Europe!)

And hey, you can always just wait for one of the "indie" games I'm working on to come out:

Xenocell

Z-Day

PC only baby. PC only.

P.S.- Sorry to get even more off-topic

Correct me if wrong but COD4 sold in huge numbers in the PC market and made profits on top of the console sales, I understand the need to maximise profit by giving the console market priority but no dedi server will harm PC sales it's just stupid.

If IW are not careful CM will take there sales if they release dedi files for OFPDR in a patch.