Spartans Home

COD MW2 (NO DEDICATED SERVER EVER) P2P only !

NoScream~SPARTA~

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, c'mon! That had to be a sarcastic reply!

These are the same people who made COD4, what happened between now and then to explain the dumbassery?

Blizzard purchased Activision after COD4 was released.

Blizzard purchased Activision after COD4 was released.

I believe it was the other way around, but in any event, I seriously doubt that Blizzard had any say in the matter, and if they had, I think they would have gone in a direction that would have made PC gamers happy. MW2 (and probably IW.net) was well under development at the time Activision and Blizzard attempted to form Voltron.

Activision's CEO, on the other hand, probably had some say in this issue, since it's seems to be his mission in life to make PC gaming as miserable an experience as is humanly possible. I believe his name is Bobby Kotick, so I'm sure if you Google the name, you'll find all sorts of articles on the guy, many with unkind words in them.

Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on November 10, and according to Activision, as of August the game was already the most preordered title in the publisher's history.(emphasis added)

Well, obviously, we have 4 more days or so to make sure it is the most cancelled preorder title in the publisher's history!

Whats the new Workd for Epic Fail.....Blizzard...lol just like Starcraft 2 has been in production for 16 years lol of course there going to screw this up to. :wtf: EPIC JACKASS's

So, it looks like the game is out. Does it look like sales have been affected? Has anyone here bought it? I know I haven't.

I spent a little downtime at work today Googling things like "modern warfare 2 sales figures". Since, as of this posting, it is still officially Day 1, no solid numbers are in yet, but projections are that MW2 will have the best opening numbers of any game to date. I could not find any specific articles that made any mention of a loss of sales due to canceled pre-orders or the ire of the PC gaming community.

One thing that Activision is worried about is that the copies sold before the official release date won't be counted in the opening day totals, and indications are that a significant number of units were sold prior to the official release date, even if only by a day or two. Supposedly, a number of "mom 'n pop" stores started selling early so as to get a bigger piece of the pie, which in turn prompted retailers like GameStop and Best Buy to break the release date to prevent pre-order cancellations from people who purchased early elsewhere.

As with the game Spore, the PC community have let their feelings be known by spamming sites such as BestBuy.com and Amazon.com with extremely negative reviews about the game. I seriously doubt that this will have any impact on sales, since the majority of sales will be on the consoles, and by now, members of that demographic will have made up their minds as to whether or not they were going to purchase this game (or ask Santa to bring it for them).

As for me, since the multi-player holds no interest, I'll pass on it for now. I'd like to play the single-player campaign, but that's not worth $60. Eventually, I'll be able to get it for $25 or so, most likely used. I just picked up Batman for $25 on a local classified ads site the I visit often, and that game came out just two months ago.

Unfortunately, another similar outrage may be brewing. John Carmack recently announced that id's new game, Rage, will also likely lack a dedicated server feature. Article here:

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/27094-Car...likely_for_rage

I hope this doesn't become a trend...

BALLS!

They are all trying to take down the independence of the PC gaming community. Reason? $, Euro, etc. They can make more money preventing groups and individuals ability to customize their server and instead release multiple add-on packs and modules, each for $5-20. Why have individuals script a mod and provide a server with certain mods or add-ons when that would compete with them for the money they are trying to make. Users would rather download a free add-on or module or modification instead of fork over that $5-20.

The future for PC gamers (as we currently know it) lies only in community designed freeware games based on open source engines. Furthermore, if those are high quality open source engines and well designed freeware games, then one might be hardpressed to find the equipment (video cards) to run them as the video card market will dry up and those companies will only be developing video processing for consoles and special niche markets like graphical development and publication.

Just my opinion.

Whats the new Workd for Epic Fail.....Blizzard...lol just like Starcraft 2 has been in production for 16 years lol of course there going to screw this up to. :wtf: EPIC JACKASS's

To be fair, Blizzard is one of the few remaining companies still producing games almost exclusively for the PC, and I look forward to Starcraft 2. Also, Blizzard has absolutely no role whatsoever in the development of MW2.

On another note, the people that think the NVGs that come with the Collectors Edition of MW2 are real make me laugh. As if you could get actual NVGs for under $100.

I also hear the story mode for MW2 is like 5 hours long. That's a tad disappointing, as that's been the main reason I play these CoD games. Still, I'll torrent it and play through the campaign. I'll be damned if I spend any money on it though.

Quick Question:

Can MW2 support good, old fashioned LAN parties, where one PC hosts and everyone else connects via a hub. Or is the only way to "LAN" still via IWNet and a private match, meaning everyone at the LAN would need to get net access?

Reason I'm asking is that some of my GF's work colleagues are planning a LAN for March next year and they are expecting MW2 to be a big part. Sadly, I believe they are a mix of casual & console gamers and have no idea of all the BS with MW2.

I've already told them that without dedi server support I'm not getting MW2 but will probably show up tp play other stuff.

Well, slightly ashamed to say that I picked this up on an impulse when buying some food in Asda yesterday showing a complete lack of willpower and backbone. I do wish it had a Dedi server option but it impacts me less than clans or people who only wish to play with those that they know. I'm used to just hopping on random servers.

Played for 4 hours or so last night, mostly MP. Lag only noticed on a couple of occasions. It seems little different graphically from MW. Steam is still a right PITA at times. Not having 'Lean' functionality is also a pain esp. as Special Grenade is mapped by default to one of the lean keys. Can't get used to Softcore mode - HUD, etc as I only ever play MW in hardcore. There are hardcore MP modes but you need to attain a certain level (19) to unlock them. The maps seem fairly varied but it's too early to call these properly. Nothing yet as annoying as the dogs in WAW and spawning BS seems less of an issue here than in WAW also (I know they were different developers).

Single player is still fun if v predictable and the Spec Ops mode (playing single missions, either solo or co-op) also seems like a good way to waste time.

Well, slightly ashamed to say that I picked this up on an impulse when buying some food in Asda yesterday showing a complete lack of willpower and backbone. I do wish it had a Dedi server option but it impacts me less than clans or people who only wish to play with those that they know. I'm used to just hopping on random servers.

Played for 4 hours or so last night, mostly MP. Lag only noticed on a couple of occasions. It seems little different graphically from MW. Steam is still a right PITA at times. Not having 'Lean' functionality is also a pain esp. as Special Grenade is mapped by default to one of the lean keys. Can't get used to Softcore mode - HUD, etc as I only ever play MW in hardcore. There are hardcore MP modes but you need to attain a certain level (19) to unlock them. The maps seem fairly varied but it's too early to call these properly. Nothing yet as annoying as the dogs in WAW and spawning BS seems less of an issue here than in WAW also (I know they were different developers).

Single player is still fun if v predictable and the Spec Ops mode (playing single missions, either solo or co-op) also seems like a good way to waste time.

Dude, you violated the code!

Shame on you and you post here, how could you, it's one thing to do it but another thing to actually tell others that you shop at 'ASDA' man you need to move up market ;)