Spartans Home

Sparta Domination 1.09

MH6~SPARTA~

The last thread is too freakin' big, so I shall begin it anew.

I'm done with all of the changes I wanted to make (so far), and would like to know if any of you have some ideas that you think could enhance the game for us. They cannot involve new models unfortunately (so brand new vehicles and weapons are out, I'm afraid :( ) , but can be anything to do with gameplay mechanics. Here are some of the changes I've made so far.

• Added C-130J, and gave it the following abilities:

• Can now carry and airdrop vehicles and static weapons
    • Can deploy both illumination and counter-measure flares
    • Can deploy a BLU-82 "Daisy Cutter"
    • Easier to coordinate parajumps (and can HALO)
  • Added FARPs

• Maximum two can be deployed by Salvage trucks
    • Can rearm/repair/refuel both ground and air vehicles
    • Players can respawn/teleport there and has a flagpole so you can teleport/parajump elsewhere.
    • Includes fully functional field hospital, ammo box, and gun emplacements (even searchlights, for when Ivan attacks at night)
    • Looks awesome (see below); even more so at night, as the helipad lights up.
  • Added Mortar Soldiers

• Can deploy M252 mortars like a MG gunner can deploy a MG nest
  • Fixed:

• Target Artillery bug. Now works for all artillery, all the time.
    • MLRS bug (starts with wrong ammo)
    • Airdrop Chopper "hover" bug.

FARP Alpha:

User posted image

Note: M119s not included, but can be transported via Salvage Truck

Note Dos: Weird thing in middle only appears while in editor.

FINISHED:

• Gave MHQ ability to shoot smoke grenades
  • Added mountain and motor bikes to FARPs
  • Added "Respawn at FARP" buttons to revive menu
  • Added extra parameters to map which admin can control:

• Allow/Disallow MHQ Respawns
    • Allow/Disallow FARP Respawns
    • Allow/Disallow Teleporting
    • Allow/Disallow Parajumping
    • Set time delay before parajump flags spawn
    • Select number of M119s to spawn in base at start
    • Select number of UH-1Y Hueys to spawn in base at start
    • Select number of AH-1Z Cobras to spawn in base at start
    • Select number of M1A2 TUSKs to spawn in base at start
  • Add time delay to Parajump flags; should be controlled by parameter
  • Players can now cut their parachute cords, and can even deploy a reserve chute
  • Added new towns to capture:

• Novy Sobor
    • Msta
    • Lopatino
    • Myshkino
    • Sosnovka
    • Pogorevka
    • Kamyshovo
    • Grishino
    • Shakhovka

FIXED:

• FARP Flagpole does not have teleport options for players (other than the one who deployed it) in the server when it is deployed (but it will if you rejoin)
  • Ammo box markers do not always show up
  • Parajump HALO does not work on dedicated server
  • MLRS will now properly reload correct ammunition at vehicle service pad

BUGS:

• Service buildings do not always repair correctly (is this still a problem people have been seeing?)

TODO:

• Add cargo capabilities to MV-22
Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, this is simply awesome. MH6 you're going to have to have Z3NO add this to the Sparta server, you can work on more while we're busy being amazed at your current work!

Yes, I am a bit impatient, this is great work though mate, nice job.

Added Mortar Soldiers

* Can deploy M252 mortars like a MG gunner can deploy a MG nest

Ohhh my god, yes.

Airdrop Chopper "hover" bug.

I think I just saw a tear of joy in Halli's eye.

Edited by DeltaSierra

I am just writing down notes , I will edit this post as I find stuff.

Ammo boxes dont show on map

I had trouble hooking up the tractor to the C130 (inexperience on my part), so I just barged it around. I did manage to get the tow menu when I tried a second time

Whilst flying the C130 I couldnt see the flares when deployed

Choppers cannot pick up salvage trucks (unless tricked) or at least not consistently (Actually only engineers can pick them up)

When you die you cannot respawn at the farp (only base mhq1 and mhq2) but you can teleport to base, then to farp alpha or bravo.

I am just writing down notes , I will edit this post as I find stuff.

Ammo boxes dont show on map

I had trouble hooking up the tractor to the C130 (inexperience on my part), so I just barged it around. I did manage to get the tow menu when I tried a second time

Whilst flying the C130 I couldnt see the flares when deployed

Choppers cannot pick up salvage trucks (unless tricked) or at least not consistently (Actually only engineers can pick them up)

When you die you cannot respawn at the farp (only base mhq1 and mhq2) but you can teleport to base, then to farp alpha or bravo.

-Will look into ammo boxes.

-You have to line the tow tractor up in front of the C130s nose, and both should be facing the same direction (C130 will be attached to the back of the tractor)

-Illumination or counter-measure flares? Illumination flares will be invisible during the day. They have no model, they're just light points, and light points only render at night.

-I'll look at the salvage truck bug. (It's actually a bug with Domination itself)

-Intentional, I just didn't add the buttons to respawn at FARPs. I'll go back and add them.

Edited by MH6

Not sure if this is a bug or a nice to have feature, but the Salvage truck can demolish the FARP anywhere on the map, it does not need to be near the FARP.

I had the demolish range set extremely high for debugging purposes. I'll lower it back down.

Ok bud, I could only use illumination flares.

Maybe it should be only engineers that can pick up the salvage trucks

If you are redoing stuff can we have the map start at 0900 please

Roger

Edit: Oh and I missed that first bit. To use the counter-measure flares, just switch weapons and press the trigger, like how you would fire Hydras or missiles in a Cobra.

Edited by MH6

-Will look into ammo boxes.

-You have to line the tow tractor up in front of the C130s nose, and both should be facing the same direction (C130 will be attached to the back of the tractor)

-Illumination or counter-measure flares? Illumination flares will be invisible during the day. They have no model, they're just light points, and light points only render at night.

-I'll look at the salvage truck bug. (It's actually a bug with Domination itself)

-Intentional, I just didn't add the buttons to respawn at FARPs. I'll go back and add them.

Can't wait to get a look at this one.

MH6, you have to add the Salvage truck to the lift types.

In i_client2.sqf find #ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__, add "WarfareSalvageTruck_USMC" to the else list. Code clip follows:

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
    if (__ACEVer) then { some stuff... removed for post

} else {
        ["LAV25_HQ","LAV25","AAV","HMMWV","HMMWV_M2","HMMWV_Armored","HMMWV_MK19","HMMWV_TOW",
"HMMWV_Avenger","MTVR","M119","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","MtvrRefuel",
"MtvrRepair","M1A1","M1A2_TUSK_MG","WarfareSalvageTruck_USMC"] + _armor + _car
    };

I thought the lack of ability to spawn at the FARP was on purpose based on our request to enable troops that are reinforcing casualties (basically the idea behind respawning) to airlift or paradrop in ??? I also thought we were going to ask to have teleport totally eliminated or at least "switchable".

No prob. How did you fix the manual artillery, though? Only thing I could do was use an action menu to reload the rounds in order to get the target artillery menu to function :(

For the MLRS you mean? Instead of having it in the action menu, I just replace the ammo with the correct kind upon vehicle creation. I have a script that will run whenever a vehicle is created, and that's where I put all my setup code (like if vehicle is MLRS, clear out ammo and add correct kind).

Now, if you're talking about the Target Artillery bug that plagues all artillery, I just had to call " [_veh] call BIS_ARTY_F_initVehicle;" for each one upon creation. I do believe I'm the first one to fix this too, as I could find absolutely no information on it. I ended up tearing apart the modules.pbo file that ships with ArmA 2 and examining the Arty module line by line.

I thought the lack of ability to spawn at the FARP was on purpose based on our request to enable troops that are reinforcing casualties (basically the idea behind respawning) to airlift or paradrop in ??? I also thought we were going to ask to have teleport totally eliminated or at least "switchable".

Yes, some of us would like it this way, but I don't think we ever reached a consensus. I figured if I didn't add it, people would gripe that it wasn't there. Maybe I'll just make it a map parameter that you can setup at the beginning (like time of day).

Edited by MH6

Personally, I would like to see more reliance on actual movement rather than the parajump poles once we've cleared a city. too many people are just diving in to the next town, not allowing for refit time and salvaging vehicles or equipment. There is no regrouping. I think removing the parajump feature from the flag (the flag should stay of course) will foster the team work strategy you guys have been rocking with. Essentially, infantry will have to wait for pickup via helo or osprey, or travel by ground. Right now, the first few guys that get to the mission have it pretty much cleared before those who choose to regroup and rearm even get there.

Other than this right now, the mission is great. It was cool to see Gunny and Cy flying the Osprey running infantry.