Spartans Home

Sparta Domination 1.09

MH6~SPARTA~

ok i forgot where is it located because i cant find the file i want to mess around with it in the editor or SP and whats the pbo editor to mess around with the domination script. it will keep me entertained.

C:\users\\AppData\Roaming\Arma2\mpmissions cache I think

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't you heard, we're not using choppers anymore. We run to the objective, then we exfil with magic disappearing hatchbacks :P

Custard did try and match Cy's achievement last night but came up short by one :rolleyes:

I think that fellow 'Cooper' might take the cake. Remember him from last week? Zeno told him he wasn't welcome after he wrecked every single air asset in a mostly-completed map in a span of 20 minutes, and contributed in TS via some sort of Vitamin-R enhanced tourettes (vit-R=ritalin, maybe he's a methkitty?). God he was annoying.

I'm guilty of wreck-ditching as well though; the aav last night. I sheepishly wrecked it about a mile from the AO, then snuck to the sidemission channel instead of retrieving the wreck since my time was limited to play...

Hey MH6, I was wondering if it's possible to do a little moving around of some towns on the map, just to change things up a bit? I know it's not possible on ALL towns, but it would be nice to explore different areas of the map, like Mista. Just a thought

Good idea

Edit: Done. Added 10 more towns.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Did you get a chance to fix that salvage truck bug, or are we not running your latest version yet?

I think I did, but I don't know how to reproduce the bug, some I'm hoping one of you can test it out for me. :D

Did you upload it to the share area, or can you send me a link.

Will upload it in a little bit.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Once Z3no loads up the next version I will test it for ya.

One thing I just noticed on my test server - The FARP message says it cannot be deployed within 1500m of main objective. Yes, I can drive up to 1800 away still not be able to deploy. Math issue?

Edited by KalXen~SPARTA~

hi i was wondering if it's available to add small groups of tangos in the outSkirts of towns about 1k 1.5k, so when we play tac server we could practice "formation movement encounter" such us "ambush" and the pass of "inferior space"

thx

Once Z3no loads up the next version I will test it for ya.

One thing I just noticed on my test server - The FARP message says it cannot be deployed within 1500m of main objective. Yes, I can drive up to 1800 away still not be able to deploy. Math issue?

Just an error with the message itself. The message assumes the distance is from the center of town, when in reality it's 1500m away from the edge of town. Fixed now.

hi i was wondering if it's available to add small groups of tangos in the outSkirts of towns about 1k 1.5k, so when we play tac server we could practice "formation movement encounter" such us "ambush" and the pass of "inferior space"

thx

Will probably have to wait till next revision (0.4)

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

thx

Getting people to do formation movement is hard enough without the enemy running around. There are already randomly placed groups that far away anyways, putting more would negate the purpose of the "red zone"

Trying a vehicle drop the other day with JDMT, he noted (and I learned) that the C-130 blows up upon attempting to airdrop the M1A1. A week or two ago I tried the same with the M1A1 and I thought that time I had been shot by AA. Both times involved the M1A1. I can't remember if it was a Tusk the first time, but the second was a standard M1A1. Is this a tank-specific issue? Have other vehicles dropped successfully from the thing? The wrecks do not appear beneath the drop location, but at the extreme SW of the map, which is some sort of purgatory for wrecked vehicles.

Ah, I remember one. During a casual moment a few weeks ago, I dropped a bicycle from the C-130 without incident. Does the glitch it have to do with both vehicles taking up the same in-game space for a moment as the tank drops, and they both explode as a solution to the glitch? If lighter vehicles, like the bike, cause less 'impact' damage, then the c130 can survive the drop (say, from a momentary physics violation when the bike I dropped also took up the same space as the c130.)

Can you unload vehicles on the ground? say a full-flaps landing at either of the two other airports? Unless we can, then the biggest motivator for me to use the c-130 is on hold, which was the anticipation of getting heavy armor to remote parts of the map quickly. I'll experiment later today when home.

Trying a vehicle drop the other day with JDMT, he noted (and I learned) that the C-130 blows up upon attempting to airdrop the M1A1. A week or two ago I tried the same with the M1A1 and I thought that time I had been shot by AA. Both times involved the M1A1. I can't remember if it was a Tusk the first time, but the second was a standard M1A1. Is this a tank-specific issue? Have other vehicles dropped successfully from the thing? The wrecks do not appear beneath the drop location, but at the extreme SW of the map, which is some sort of purgatory for wrecked vehicles.

Ah, I remember one. During a casual moment a few weeks ago, I dropped a bicycle from the C-130 without incident. Does the glitch it have to do with both vehicles taking up the same in-game space for a moment as the tank drops, and they both explode as a solution to the glitch? If lighter vehicles, like the bike, cause less 'impact' damage, then the c130 can survive the drop (say, from a momentary physics violation when the bike I dropped also took up the same space as the c130.)

Can you unload vehicles on the ground? say a full-flaps landing at either of the two other airports? Unless we can, then the biggest motivator for me to use the c-130 is on hold, which was the anticipation of getting heavy armor to remote parts of the map quickly. I'll experiment later today when home.

Yeah I'm aware of the problem and I (believe) I have fixed it. The issue is lag (which is why it went unnoticed during my LAN tests), and yes, it has to do with both vehicles occupying the same space at the same time. It also seems to correlate with airspeed, i.e. the faster you're going the higher the chance of catastrophic failure. As a temporary solution, you can substantially decrease this risk by lowering flaps a notch and flying slightly above stall speed when dropping cargo.

Yes you can unload vehicles on the ground, and can land at all three airports with ease. There is a slight problem, however. The C-130J cannot liftoff in time to clear the treeline at either of the grass airfields. I found this out the hard way, and it pisses me off because the entire point of these C-130 changes was so that it could land at each airfield and pickup and ferry tanks.

So I think what I'll do is give it JATO capability (also known as RATO).

And fun fact: Dropping a tank won't always make you explode. It sometimes just damages the plane, pivoting the nose down 45 degrees, and brings your airspeed down to single digits. Good times.

Fun fact #2: With my cargo code, you can also do a LAPES drop with the C-130.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

lol MH6, good videoss. The first one with the c-130, the way he takes off....imagine that in reverse, meaning landing that way, and that was my last experience riding in one of those beasts.

Damn, bet that was intense. Well, atleast the pilot didn't engage the rockets before touchdown, right?

Skip to 1:32 because it repeats a lot of information.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

I know that people are not allowed to fly attack aircraft for a certian time on the DOM server, but is it even remotely possible for sachels to be restricted for say, the first 10min that a player is on? I doubt any of our e-terrorists would wait around long enough to use them, although never underestimate a griefer's patience when blowing up his own people.

I know that people are not allowed to fly attack aircraft for a certian time on the DOM server, but is it even remotely possible for sachels to be restricted for say, the first 10min that a player is on? I doubt any of our e-terrorists would wait around long enough to use them, although never underestimate a griefer's patience when blowing up his own people.

I suppose, though wouldn't that just hinder normal players?

And I generally don't see griefers using satchels. I more often see them using AT weapons.

I suppose, though wouldn't that just hinder normal players?

And I generally don't see griefers using satchels. I more often see them using AT weapons.

Just wondering. I figure it would be good so people won't come straight in and parajump to the radio tower to blow it up after others working as a team take their time to get to it. I've also seen on a number of occasions where a person has placed a sachel in various vehicles/buildings to blow them all at once. One did all 4 helos, the MHQ, and radio tower, as well as the bikes! I was just outside the blast radius and saw the little terrorist running away.

HI

I was thinking about ways to Create Diversity in town overtaking (for TAC nights).

in real situations when overtaking large occupied regions after mortars and altilriy the invasion will never begins with infantry entering by foot ,first move is heavy armor (tanks) taking enemy armor ,secondary move infantry will enter in light armor to clear whatever is left.

There is also the possibility of entering the town in a Colum of armors tanks infront, apcs, armed medic and logistic.

With enough players it's could be a blast.

I didn't mention air force because it would too easy according to a.i intelligence.

thx

HI

I was thinking about ways to Create Diversity in town overtaking (for TAC nights).

in real situations when overtaking large occupied regions after mortars and altilriy the invasion will never begins with infantry entering by foot ,first move is heavy armor (tanks) taking enemy armor ,secondary move infantry will enter in light armor to clear whatever is left.

There is also the possibility of entering the town in a Colum of armors tanks infront, apcs, armed medic and logistic.

With enough players it's could be a blast.

I didn't mention air force because it would too easy according to a.i intelligence.

thx

Idan, I think what you want (I'd like it, too), is a large coordinated assault. We'd be better off to look for a coop mission on the BI forums designed as such, since I don't think Domination could handle it. I also made a similar suggestion to yours a month ago to create some larger-scale AOs in Dom, but it is just too much work to complete it for Dom, which I assume is already a burdened game mode (how many times has Sparta had to restart the server when the game comes near completion?). I would look at the BI or OFPEC forums myself right now, but I need to charge ahead with some work.