Spartans Home

Sparta Domination 1.09

MH6~SPARTA~

I think you almost need two versions: One as is, that would satisfy the casual server visitors and one without the parajumps / MRV respawns etc for the regulars who, know how the server plays and enjoy playing this way.

Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, we already have two servers running Domi. One that everyone plays on because that's where everyone is and then the other one, which I believe is locked atm and for visitors that have proved their ability to be team players and Blue Falcons.

One of the things I have really liked about the set up is the revive function. It helps when you have people in different squads and you see them cross in front of you, then you check map and it shows them as gold or not at all, so you shoot them and it turns out to be a friendly. Horrible feeling ensues. However you can just go over to them, patch them up and they are golden again. A quick 'sorry bud' and you are both back in the fight. BRILLIANT.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The public server needs paradrop and mhq, especially if we have no fly rules. but on day when we lock the server we shouldnt use either, imho.

Yes, I'd agree. In fact that was what I was trying to get over in my post but didn't! :lol:

Use the mod as is on open server and the tweaked version on the locked server. Either way I think it's a great addition to the gameplay.

For the MLRS you mean? Instead of having it in the action menu, I just replace the ammo with the correct kind upon vehicle creation. I have a script that will run whenever a vehicle is created, and that's where I put all my setup code (like if vehicle is MLRS, clear out ammo and add correct kind).

Now, if you're talking about the Target Artillery bug that plagues all artillery, I just had to call " [_veh] call BIS_ARTY_F_initVehicle;" for each one upon creation. I do believe I'm the first one to fix this too, as I could find absolutely no information on it. I ended up tearing apart the modules.pbo file that ships with ArmA 2 and examining the Arty module line by line.

Very nice, and yes, you are. I've been searching for something like this forever. I've never even thought to open up BIS's stuff. Thanks for finding this. Works great!

How about a DNR (Do not resuscitate) option when people decide to end it all and kill themselves so the can revive at the base or the MHQ rather than wait for help.

I inadvertently revived someone a couple of days a go who stated, in a quite positive manner that he was going to tk the next a**hole who revived him.

There's just no pleasing some people. It would also help when you get across the red zone only to see that the person who you were going to revive has decided to respawn and not tell anyone <_<

Personaly, I'd like to see more reliance on movement like Medic said, however realistically most people will want the more casual gamestyle that is available.

MH6 I think you are doing a great job. So in the typical fashion of progress, here are a couple of my thoughts and things I've heard others say that I think would be nice to see...

• Bug-> Fix salvage truck unload static inventory bug
  • Bug -> Investigate Ammo box appearance on map (not consistent)
  • Bug -> some get locked in back of Osprey and cannot eject/get out/HALO without respawn
  • Bug -> garbage collector to clean up dead bodies after 2-3 hours or something
  • FARP -> spawn a non-military form of travel like a Bicycle or motorcycle
  • FARP -> Add Lightpole for nighttime with an on/off switch. spotlights are a bit much if pointed within.
  • AI -> Increase AI logic - Like the tactical night last week where infantry used smoke grenades, flanked, and used more cover
  • AI -> air-dropping armor in addition to infantry
  • Missions -> More main missions that involve holding city during counterattacks
  • Missions -> More use/need for boats
  • Gameplay -> Add ability for engineers to flip a vehicle that is on side.. kind of like a forced respawn to same locale.
  • Gameplay -> Map parameter to limit the teleports/parachuting to force behavior to vehicles/walking.
  • Gameplay -> Option on death to disallow revive from others
  • Gameplay -> more non-military vehicles at base (bikes/honda civics) so people don't use repair trucks as a quick drive.
  • Gameplay -> Squad size / Allow for everyone to be in the same squad.. or start everyone in same squad instead of Delta/Alpha/Bravo/Charlie
  • Gameplay -> more static options like the MG Nest or Mortar emplacements. How about a deployable bush for snipers?
  • Gameplay -> Some way to keep track of TKer's better on the score screen or something.
Edited by KalXen

Engineers with a repair truck nearby will have this option. No repair truck, and you have to pick it back up with a mh60 or blow it up :(

Nope, have definately righted a flipped MHQ without having a repair truck. Whether it was as part of the "repair & refuel" sequence I can't be sure but there was no repair truck.

I have seen it before as well without a repair truck. Only reason I ask for this, and actually specifically on the MHQ, is that I have seen quite a few bad drops of a MHQ into the woods somewhere and we can't pick it up with a helo.. and taking a SMAW out just gets ugly when its also a spawn point for people. Saw a few TK's recently just because of this scenario.

Either way, one minor option.

MH6 I think you are doing a great job. So in the typical fashion of progress, here are a couple of my thoughts and things I've heard others say that I think would be nice to see...

• Bug -> some get locked in back of Osprey and cannot eject/get out/HALO without respawn
  • Bug -> garbage collector to clean up dead bodies after 2-3 hours or something
  • FARP -> Add Lightpole for nighttime with an on/off switch. spotlights are a bit much if pointed within.
  • AI -> Increase AI logic - Like the tactical night last week where infantry used smoke grenades, flanked, and used more cover
  • AI -> air-dropping armor in addition to infantry
  • Missions -> More main missions that involve holding city during counterattacks
  • Missions -> More use/need for boats
  • Gameplay -> Add ability for engineers to flip a vehicle that is on side.. kind of like a forced respawn to same locale.
  • Gameplay -> Map parameter to limit the teleports/parachuting to force behavior to vehicles/walking.
  • Gameplay -> Option on death to disallow revive from others
  • Gameplay -> more non-military vehicles at base (bikes/honda civics) so people don't use repair trucks as a quick drive.
  • Gameplay -> Squad size / Allow for everyone to be in the same squad.. or start everyone in same squad instead of Delta/Alpha/Bravo/Charlie
  • Gameplay -> more static options like the MG Nest or Mortar emplacements. How about a deployable bush for snipers?
  • Gameplay -> Some way to keep track of TKer's better on the score screen or something.

Great list! Some updates:

FIXED:

FINISHED:

IN PROGRESS:

I'll definitely try and implement the rest (esp. the do not resuscitate idea), though I'm not too sure about the sniper bush :lol: Maybe something else perhaps?

Nope, have definately righted a flipped MHQ without having a repair truck. Whether it was as part of the "repair & refuel" sequence I can't be sure but there was no repair truck.

Yeah there is code in there to flip it without a truck nearby, but it doesn't seem to be that effective in determining if the vehicle is in fact flipped. I'll rewrite it so it will hopefully detect it better.

Edited by MH6

After loading an M119 into a salvage truck, bringing it to a setup fire base, I attempted to unload it. The salvage truck was in the way so I decided I'd "cancel unloading static" after canceling the M119 disappeared and was not put back into the truck. I'm not sure what the respawn time is on the M119's but it also didn't respawn back at base, pretty much it disappeared off the face of the game. A glitch or am I missing something?

Edited by DeltaSierra

After loading an M119 into a salvage truck, bringing it to a setup fire base, I attempted to unload it. The salvage truck was in the way so I decided I'd "cancel unloading static" after canceling the M119 disappeared and was not put back into the truck. I'm not sure what the respawn time is on the M119's but it also didn't respawn back at base, pretty much it disappeared off the face of the game. A glitch or am I missing something?

This is a side effect of a known and already fixed bug. Has to do with unloading statics and not handling the arrays properly; I changed the array to contain object references instead of names, but some parts of the code were still fetching array elements by name, which mucked things up.

Edit: Main post updated

Edited by MH6