Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server for Sparta has been delayed. Someone managed to crack the SQL authentication info (wasn't hard, I told them it was a bad idea to do it the way they did it), so now only whitelisted IP addresses can connect (and even then most of them aren't able to connect successfully).

Once Rocket has that sorted I'll put the Sparta server up. I'm rewriting Hive to support proxy communication with the SQL server (Hive communicates with central Overlord server, Overlord communicates with SQL database), which is how I wanted to set it up in the first place. Ah well.

Server for Sparta has been delayed. Someone managed to crack the SQL authentication info (wasn't hard, I told them it was a bad idea to do it the way they did it), so now only whitelisted IP addresses can connect (and even then most of them aren't able to connect successfully).

Once Rocket has that sorted I'll put the Sparta server up. I'm rewriting Hive to support proxy communication with the SQL server (Hive communicates with central Overlord server, Overlord communicates with SQL database), which is how I wanted to set it up in the first place. Ah well.

thanks MH6 for all your hard work!!!

Can you please make it work? pleaaaaaaase :urock:

not shitting you guys,

I log on, my location was reset, I spawn near the coast. Right as I spawn I see someones silhouette on the horizon, i take aim, he approaches, throws out a flare, I light him the hell up. I see the chat, others are approaching the flares, I take aim, a survivor running towards me, i go prone, kill him. I hear automatic fire from the same direction that the survivor was coming from, I see the flashes, two shots fired, bandit down. I remain prone, trying to see anything on the horizon. 20 secs passed, I stand up and make a run for the tree line.

Obviously, there is some retard that shoots me in the leg and doesnt kill me. he is spraying like mad from the top of the hill. I kill him. and as I am approaching the tree line, I only hear one bullet, Im dead. Within 1"20 I killed 5 guys and died. btw, I am a bandit.

weapon used, ak74, my baby

Hi Snowshoe, hope you are well. Here is an overview of how to add the mod and launch it, if this doesnt work you probably need to be on TS to run through it.

This mod needs arma 2 Operation Arrowhead as well as arma 2, known as combined ops.

In the root directory of the arma 2 create a folder named @dayz

In the @dayz folder, create a new folder called addons

extract all of the files into the addons folder

Now create an Arma2OA shortcut

right click on the shortcut and select properties

go to the "Target", it probably looks like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"

add -mod=@dayz (make sure to leave a space before the minus sign, it will then look like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@dayz

If all went well the game will lauch with the mod, if not, see you on TS.

Z

Long time guys :) Reinstalled Arma 2 today just for this mod, figured it'd be worth a try to bring something different to the game. Been loving it so far, my main highlight currently has been running off the pier in Elektro to escape 20+ zeds chasing me :) Worked quite nicely too. Lost everything but my pistol/ammo but seeing as I'd only just spawned, it wasn't a huge loss. I was in the middle of trying to meet up with another 2 survivors as well so they helped sort me out with new stuff. It's interesting to see the kind of interactions that can come out of different experiences as you go along !

Anyways, will keep an eye out for you guys in game (meh, doubt most of you remember be anyways :P )

Spacehunt/Fenrir

Edited by Fenrir

around 9-10 est we have a nice group of players on the same server! gather some food and water and start heading north inland. it is easier to survive and get good weapons. We have a couple of guys with vehicles but they wont go near the coast hehehe

Hi Snowshoe, hope you are well. Here is an overview of how to add the mod and launch it, if this doesnt work you probably need to be on TS to run through it.

This mod needs arma 2 Operation Arrowhead as well as arma 2, known as combined ops.

In the root directory of the arma 2 create a folder named @dayz

In the @dayz folder, create a new folder called addons

extract all of the files into the addons folder

Now create an Arma2OA shortcut

right click on the shortcut and select properties

go to the "Target", it probably looks like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe"

add -mod=@dayz (make sure to leave a space before the minus sign, it will then look like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@dayz

If all went well the game will lauch with the mod, if not, see you on TS.

Z

way to mch form my head i try to cath ya on ts xxxxxxxxxx

around 9-10 est we have a nice group of players on the same server! gather some food and water and start heading north inland. it is easier to survive and get good weapons. We have a couple of guys with vehicles but they wont go near the coast hehehe

Ah sucks, I'm UK so will off for the night by then :( Meh, might still have the chance to on weekends ^_^

If you are new to arma this is one heck of a crash course. Remember your basic land nav. On a hardcore server even if you have all the kit you still need to know how to do this. http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4231

The influx of new players seems to have made PVP wankers way more of an issue. Now I do not even offer a text challenge to anyone, just shoot unless they identify their intentions. Sure it's a double standard since I rarely communicate mine with others, but will still respect others who try to communicate. We also found a few survivors stalking us who counted as bandit kills? Strange.

i managed to do get it going but can i have the sparta server so i can come play with u guys

Get on TS3 when you want to get in, got to dayz channel. We play on different servers, but try to link up on same one.

Going to have to a break from DayZ due to the fact that I've just moved flat and have to get a new internet connection. Hopefully in ~ 2 weeks I should be back killing zombies and eating beans!

@Karl, I was playing some DayZ last night and realised that I still have that silenced M4 in my backpack that you gave me which I'll have to give back to you once I'm back online.