Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to play this weekend.

I got really discouraged after I logged in after that brief few minutes testing out 1.57 on MH6's server. When I went to play again it spawned me at the coast as a bandit with only a czech pack.

Lost DMR, NVG's, Rangefinder, GPS, + All basic supplies and ammo.

I think what got me is I really enjoy the reward of getting these supplies rather then the action of killing zombies and players. But because the game is in such a state that you can lose all of your gear on whim it kind of removes any effort to play it safe. Now it is just a deathmatch PVP game for me as there is no desire to spend time finding the equipment.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

I will try to play this weekend.

I got really discouraged after I logged in after that brief few minutes testing out 1.57 on MH6's server. When I went to play again it spawned me at the coast as a bandit with only a czech pack.

Lost DMR, NVG's, Rangefinder, GPS, + All basic supplies and ammo.

I think what got me is I really enjoy the reward of getting these supplies rather then the action of killing zombies and players. But because the game is in such a state that you can lose all of your gear on whim it kind of removes any effort to play it safe. Now it is just a deathmatch PVP game for me as there is no desire to spend time finding the equipment.

I just want you to know that was a bug with DayZ and the SQL DB geting corrupt, not because of my test server (as far as I know anyway). Sorry in any case though.

DayZ will be ported to Arma 3, and will most likely be much better at that point.

to be honest, i've had much better experiences playing along the coast. Way more contact with players, however a much bigger chance of cooperation and teamwork. Whenever i've encountered someone near the airfield or in stary, its always been a shootout.

Well my character is bugged or something.

I have completely re-downloaded the files and whenever I log into a server my character is on the beach bleeding to death with no items. When I hit respawn and come back in to either a different server or different character slot in the same server it is the same thing.

I make it about 2 minutes before passing out because of blood loss.

Not sure what else I can do.

You wouldn't have access now to the db by chance MH6?

I have emailed, used contact form, and posted in the forums to try to get a DayZ member to look into this but haven't heard anything back.

No. Most of the guys on the team are incompetent, and also dicks. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be working on DayZ.

I've kind of gotten that feeling as well.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing this role out in ARMA 3, but I think until then or my character gets fixed in a patch or something I'll be stepping back.

Try logging in now.

I just got DB access thanks to Joel (the only competent and non-asshole member of the team). I haven't seen him in a while but he happened to be on today.

Got on for a while last night, went onto a US server for some daylight hours. Spawned back at the coast although still had my meagre possessions from previous session, Alice pack, knife, plenty food & canteens. Almost immediately got into a cat & mouse with a better armed survivor, deciding to run. away as my best option.

In an attempt to recce a building for better weapon I got jumped by 2 Zeds. Dispatched both but not before 1 took a bite. Then, even though I had the requisite medical supplies I could not bandage myself & consequently bled out. Never had that happen before, always been able to patch myself up, is this down to the latest change?

Watchman, you have to go into your inventory and right click the bandages to apply them. It was part of the latest update.

That'll teach me to read update logs.

I did click on the bandage several times but didn't think to right click.

ill be finishing that video i was talking about with myself, superjedibob, emt, sandman, and tyler shortly.

I'm looking for an alpha impage arma2 logo and a spartan helmet to layover at the beginning.

I've been looking at the map recently, trying to decide which hospital I want to get blood packs from, along with other items we need. And I've decided to hit the Hospital on the West side of Chernogosk. But I need a group with me in order to be successful. Anyone willing to take the journey? I can't do it alone.

Edit: I found the perfect Hospital. It is just across the Apts on the west, just on the outskirts of the town. We can hit it hard and get the hell out of there. I have planned a route to approach.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

I've been looking at the map recently, trying to decide which hospital I want to get blood packs from, along with other items we need. And I've decided to hit the Hospital on the West side of Chernogosk. But I need a group with me in order to be successful. Anyone willing to take the journey? I can't do it alone.

Edit: I found the perfect Hospital. It is just across the Apts on the west, just on the outskirts of the town. We can hit it hard and get the hell out of there. I have planned a route to approach.

Berezino Hospital is where it's at.

P.S.- EMT, after you left last night I spent a good 2hrs stalking a group of 6-8 survivors and picking them off one at a time. I went slow and chose my shots carefully as to avoid giving away my position, and also relocated numerous times. I felt evil as hell but damn if it wasn't fun. Ghille suit + DMR = Good times

I looked at berezino and don't like that we have to go so far in to reach the hospital. But, the player base would probably be smaller. On the other hand, in cherno, the players will be more new and easier to spot/kill. You playing tonight?

I knew you would find someone eventually. Did they say anything when you killed them? Beg you for mercy? What guns did they have?

I looked at berezino and don't like that we have to go so far in to reach the hospital. But, the player base would probably be smaller. On the other hand, in cherno, the players will be more new and easier to spot/kill. You playing tonight?

I knew you would find someone eventually. Did they say anything when you killed them? Beg you for mercy? What guns did they have?

Yeah I'll probably play some. They didn't say anything, they just panicked. I would kill one, the rest would sprint off, then I'd catch up to them (because they always slowed down again), rinse repeat. The area was heavily forested and I was always at a higher elevation to them and a fair distance away, so they never figured out where they were being shot from.