Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

You have to right click on it in your inventory then removed from toolbelt, it will then take the place of your primary weapon.

Ok, I'll try that at the weekend. When I right click will it give me an option of "remove from toolbelt"?I'm sure when I did this yesterday it just came up with a chop firewood thing.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best dayz forum post on the forums

"Haven't read all six pages but OP is absolutely right. There are so many tears on the forums from players who want to change the game from an all out survival game to a game that holds your hand in the darkness and comforts you when you get murdered.

Most are from people who should probably just play a different game they complain about ridiculous stuff, Player X complains about the open pvp and the "morality" of murdering other survivors, player Y complains about the temperature system. "It's pointless and a hinderance", player Z complains about everything that makes DayZ what it is and wants designated pvp zones, saved loot when you die, and a fucking cake to eat when you're hungry.. wtf?

I'd like to encourage Rocket to make DayZ even harder, more zombies, extreme weather, maybe some blizzards and shit where you have to find a house to wait out the storm or die. I would like to see this on a map 10x the size where you spawn in a random location and your mode of transportation to where you think your friend on ts might be is a beat-up 1965 Dodge van with an erratic idle and slipping clutch. Morphine doesn't heal fractured bones and a blood transfusion isn't as simple as making a PB&j sandwich. I would like to see a world where a can of beans is worth it's weight in gold and zombies can smell tears from a mile away. I want to hear the cries of pain when you shoot someone over a twinkie that's been baking in the hot sun because you're starving to death and sharing isn't an option. A world filled with zombies of all ages; gore covered child zombies that screech as they run at you causing you to piss yourself, bony elderly zombies that scratch and crawl their way across the ground, ribs and spines protruding through blotchy pale flesh.

Fuck yeah, that's what I want, I want to die in the first fifteen minutes from a zombie horde that makes my ass pucker or from a survivor in tattered cloths with a thousand-yard stare. Then I want to do it all over again. I want to fight a group of morale deprived survivors over gasoline for my shitty van, loot the corpses and continue on my way just trying to survive a minimum of 2 days before I'm eaten alive.

Instead, I read about players wanting more fuzzy bunnies and rainbows, sparkling gear and health potions."

looool

Hmmm, i'm having trouble with duplicating tents, does anyone know of any method to get rid of a tent without resorting to blowing them up or running them over?

I'm finding that tents i've erected and then taken down, reappear upon server restart even if they hadn't been saved. It's annoying because my discrete base is becoming not so discrete and items are duplicating in the tents which isn't good as this duplication could be abused.

I've tried shooting the tents with a winchester with no success so i'm going to try shotguns; do people know for certain that shotguns loaded with pellets destroy tents?

Edited by Rolf

2jfja53.jpg

Noobiachi! Why i oughta! :ranting2:

Actually....if I duplicate enough tents then no one will know which one actually contains my beans...

Just imagine a line of tents stretching all the way across Chernarus, it'll be like minecraft all over again!

thewall.png

Who's with me?!

Spent 2 hours yesterday with a new life, as a birthday treat to me.

Spawned just north of Elektro, close by that container yard. Don't know how many lives I've lost in this game but the attraction is still too much to stay away.

After 15 minutes recon from the treeline I edged my way to the large shed at trackside, dodged a few hairy moments with the Zed's only to find nothing useful, not a good start!

Things were looking to be a repeat of previous attempts, so a decision was made to try a different tactic and hit up Elektro to see what I could find. A big risk with the large Zed population and bandit risk but I needed supplies and to set myself up for the trek NW.

I approached from the NW, making for the factory initially there were a few Zed's around the perimeter but looked like a trouble free route in. How wrong could I have been!

Broke the fence line easily enough only to find 4 or 5 milling around within the compound. A brief dash, hugging the walls managed to get me into the main building without injury. I was lucky to get in without giving away my position, so set about scavenging. Luck was on my side, Lee Enfield on the ground floor along with a few supplies. I ventured further up towards the top, picking up a few useful bits but culminating in an AK & 5 mags!!

Sadly no real food so Elektro still beckons........

A detour via an overlooking farm yielded nothing, the barn had too many Zed's circling and even with my new found firepower I wasn't about to take on the whole population.

So, onwards to the main town itself. I've heard so many stories about how dangerouse Elektro is but I needed to stock up if I was going to stand any chance of making the camp. Again, scavenging buildings got me an assault pack, hatchet, knife compass, the ever common watch and food & drink. Things have never looked so good, now if only I can pick up a map....

Then I heard the shots, bandits maybe? Who knows but I wasn't ready to say hello and risk all of this. I could tell they were close by but couldn't see anything that was going to help me. What to do? Not wanting to just cut and run, I used a recently found smoke grenade by way of distraction. Throwing it as far as I could away from my planned escape route, I waited, the shots stopped then I heard movement at the rear of the building I was in. Time to cut and run!

Out the front door and off like a shot, heading towards the dock side. I figured I was in the clear and ducked into what I thought was a deserted house. Jackpot, bino's and what looked like a map. Just about to grab them when in they came, 8 or 9 in the end and I had no option but to open fire. The AK made easy work but I had no choice now, time to head out into the unknown. Couple of stragglers to sort and run, made a few blocks and seemed to have lost them. Ducked into another house and hunkered down, to wait for the inevitable.

it didn't come, a few deep breathes and the the calm started to fall.

With the light falling this is going to be my overnight, then with sun up I'll head out. Hopefully I can make the tree line uninterupted,ready to start the trek.

Maybe I'll make the camp this time, who knows........

A complete journal transcript on my first day playing dayz

the game has me on teatherhooks i can't wait to find out what happens next.