Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't tried this mod you really should. I know some guys who said "I don't get it, it's just zombies" I've played plenty of zombies and zombie mods for ARMA, this is different. Honestly for me it is the first game that has got my blood pumping in a while. I've played arma since it came out and this just rekindled things for me. :thumbsup_anim:

Interesting thread.

I guess a guy found a radio that is broadcasting coordinates to deer stands. Some people think it leads to sweet loot or something.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=825

I found a Radio earlier tonight about 3 hours ago at Green Mountain. It was the first time I've ever actually been over there and it was night time on the server so I didn't know what to expect. I saw a bunch of dead soldier corpses, scared me because I thought they were dead players until I got closer, I couldn't interact with any of the bodies on the ground except for one, which was a soldier, so I assume it was a zombie maybe, but I found a radio and 1 canned food which I really needed because when I logged on, my food icon was red.. anyways! I thought the radio was a beta item or something because I couldn't interact with it or do anything with it as far as I know, but like.. around 5 minutes later, I started hearing static, which I thought was coming from someone 'hot-mic'-ing but no ones mic was on that I could see, and after a few minutes I knew it wasn't proximity mic either, because the sound stayed at a steady volume, but it was just static for a really long time, so I alt-tabbed to check if I left a window open that was playing sound, but when I alt-tabbed, the sound stopped, so obviously it was in game.

I really didn't know it was coming from the radio at this point, I thought my audio was bugged, but a while passed with this static on, and I started hearing music, and it scared he hell out of me. I thought someone was near me, but I was in the middle of the woods, and I am usually paranoid enough to always check if someone is around me, but ya, the music started, it was like a short piano tune, and then it cut to what sounded like whispering and humming, I couldn't make it out at all. At this point I alt-tabbed out again to see if I left my music player up just to make sure, but nothing else was up except for Arma and Steam, and like before, the audio cut off when I alt tabbed, meaning that it was central to the game, not outside of the game. When I went back to the game, I heard counting, or like.. not really counting, but kinda like what the default soldiers do in Arma when they die? they kinda have this very pre-set and generic audio where they spurt out random numbers, but this reminded me more of Vanilla Sky, where they have weird ambient noise in the background sometimes with what sounds like a person saying numbers.

I didn't bother recording it initially because I really didn't care, I thought it was just ambient radio stuff that came along with having a radio, kinda adds to the ambience, you know? it kept going and I heard more voices occasionally, and weird beeps between each reading of numbers, and then either morse code or radio wave signals and then piano again, and then it stopped for a while, I just heard the white noise, which isn't that bad, but like... an hour after that, I heard it again, I *THINK* it was the same message. If it wasn't the same message, it was very similar. once again it scared the hell out of me when it started because I kinda forgot about it at this point lol, but it played again, I stopped doing what I was doing to actually listen this time, I wrote down some of the numbers, but I still can't make out anything else that is being said, it is really hard to hear. After that time of it playing, I kinda assumed it was going to play within the next hour again, so I started to record my audio while playing, I lowered all other audio channels so I could have a clear recording of it, and just as I expected, it started to play again, I'll link the recording with this post at the end, but can anyone help me figure out wtf it is?

I am willing to trade my radio for a silenced m4 or something, because this is kinda getting annoying at this point, I searched the forums for anything similar but there isn't anything relevant that shows up, does anyone else have a radio that can understand wtf this is?

Thanks for the help!

here's the link to the recording:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7d69d542amysnz8

Yay! Yea me and MH6 were in the Finland server last night. Some goods and negs with that server. The server was very smooth, I mean beautiful smooth, while the player vs player lag was unbarable. I did find night vision goggles last night! Yippie! Now to never play again, so I dont lose them.

Btw MH6, stop reading this and get back to work! I see you lurking!

Yay! Yea me and MH6 were in the Finland server last night. Some goods and negs with that server. The server was very smooth, I mean beautiful smooth, while the player vs player lag was unbarable. I did find night vision goggles last night! Yippie! Now to never play again, so I dont lose them.

Btw MH6, stop reading this and get back to work! I see you lurking!

tongue.gif

Had list of all types of buildings that spawn Zeds and loot (from link above). Wanted to do a little coding. So, I wrote a little script, merry Xmas. This is not 100%, because any of the custom buildings they are adding in addition to the default buildings will not appear on this.

1. Brown = Buildings that provide no loot, but spawn Zeds.
  2. Black = Residences & Churches
  3. Green = Barns
  4. Blue = Industrial
  5. Orange= Military (including all deer stands)
  6. Red = Hospitals
  7. Yellow = Spawn Points
  8. White dot is center, ignore

gallery_525_36_53913.gif

Edited by KalXen~SPARTA~
Changed the image

Very nice, Kal. I thought about doing something similar, but I couldn't be bothered. If you want I can give you a list of all the vehicles that spawn on the map, and you can make one for those. :D

Sure, along with any other fancy added locations an I can custom mark them.

you guys still playing?? im hoping phisher now has a huey stashed somewhere...

We're still playing. No Huey yet, but lots of other gear.

The patch last night hopefully fixed vehicles/items so they will be persistent now even if the server restarts or crashes.

We're still playing. No Huey yet, but lots of other gear.

The patch last night hopefully fixed vehicles/items so they will be persistent now even if the server restarts or crashes.

Had you stuck around you woulda' been cruising the skies in a Huey with us. But no, you had to go spend time with your girlfriend. Priorities, man, get 'em straight! bleh.gif

Hot damn,

Where did you find it? And is it still alive?

It *was* alive. :(

It was on Black Mountain.

P.S. - The radio is a real item, but any sounds that emanate from it are most likely a BIS Easter egg, not a DayZ one.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~