Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

Concerning the latest patch and tents, as well as future plans:

All previous tents were deleted (as the tent was being duplicated 100's of times) with this release.

If you have a tent bag in your personal gear, you can pitch a tent. Anyone can access what is in it. When you change the gear in the tent, it is scheduled for updating (unlike characters, which have both scheduled and forced updates).

When you die, the tent stays but you can no longer pack it up. Only the character who created it can pack the tent up. In future, tents will survive a few days after their creator died, before being removed by the server but I'm still trying to work out how best to do this.

Remember: anyone can raid your tent. So hide it.

Also: Tents are LOCAL TO THAT SERVER. They will not spawn in on other servers.

Soon to be released are underground caches which are invisible, a bit more secure to store your stuff. Also, sandbags and defences will be syncronized to the database also and persistent. So you will be able to fortify entire towns. However these will require maintenance so they can stay.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, sandbags and defences will be syncronized to the database also and persistent. So you will be able to fortify entire towns. However these will require maintenance so they can stay.

Yes! build a stronghold on top of the hill just ne of the ne airbase and its ours!! :X

The whole PVP situation is amzing to me.

You could be wandering through an open field and be shot dead. All the stuff and work you did, gone. Or, you could be out of ammo, running with 20-30 zombies on your ass and have a group of guys save you.

The morality of people in this mod is what makes it so much fun! I literally became a hostage negociator yesterday! (thanks to steel and his paranoia). We could of easily shot those group of guys, but instead we approched them with caution and now they join us on teampseak every day (nighthawk, Panda, Potatoe). Good group of guys that, just like us, were scared out of their minds to talk to us.

Another thing to note is how fast news goes around in servers. Example "There are a group of bandits in Stary Sobor, don't go there." or " I heard douchebag123 likes to kill people, don't let him fool you!"

The fact that this is what they intended the gameplay to be like, gives me confidence on the future of this mod. It brought Arma II back from the grave.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

The whole PVP situation is amzing to me.

You could be wandering through an open field and be shot dead. All the stuff and work you did, gone. Or, you could be out of ammo, running with 20-30 zombies on your ass and have a group of guys save you.

The morality of people in this mod is what makes it so much fun! I literally became a hostage negociator yesterday! (thanks to steel and his paranoia). We could of easily shot those group of guys, but instead we approched them with caution and now they join us on teampseak every day (nighthawk, Panda, Potatoe). Good group of guys that, just like us, were scared out of their minds to talk to us.

Paranoia my ass. I thought there was a 3rd player on the hill and I was right. Bonus that he was shooting in your direction and that was the only reason that I shot him in the buttocks. For the record I think they could have taken us at any time... they had the drop on us. I am glad that it went the other way.

Lol, Agreed. If they did end of being hostile, you would of saved our ass! Things got very hectic very fast.

Story for anyone that wasn't there:

We were camping out at the North East Airfield,enjoying the calm, when a sniper started shooting at us. Since steel had the only night vision, he went hunting for the sniper. We finally spotted him heading away from us in the woods, so we thought we were in the clear. All of a sudden, Raven is told to freeze in the middle of the airfield in chat by some guy. I quickly started to look for this mysterious character that had Raven frozen in the middel of the airstrip, but he spotted me as well, saying "Emt is in the watch tower, Raven do you know him?". WIth no idea where the hell this guy was, I switched to koaxing him to come out to us.

Finally after some chatting we got him and one of his buddies to come out of the trees where they were hiding. Steel and Overseer were still flanking them, just to make sure. I see a cow and make a fire to warm up our new found friends. All of a sudden, their group leader starts yelling that his overwatch guy is being shot at, while at the same time steel is asking if he should kill a sniper he found in the woods. My brain put the two together pretty fast and told both players to hold. Steel got off a bullet or 2 into him; thats how close it was to ending very badly.

Very fun night that was!

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

Lol, Agreed. If they did end of being hostile, you would of saved our ass! Things got very hectic very fast.

Story for anyone that wasn't there:

We were camping out at the North East Airfield,enjoying the calm, when a sniper started shooting at us. Since steel had the only night vision, he went hunting for the sniper. We finally spotted him heading away from us in the woods, so we thought we were in the clear. All of a sudden, Raven is told to freeze in the middle of the airfield in chat by some guy. I quickly started to look for this mysterious character that had Raven frozen in the middel of the airstrip, but he spotted me as well, saying "Emt is in the watch tower, Raven do you know him?". WIth no idea where the hell this guy was, I switched to koaxing him to come out to us.

Finally after some chatting we got him and one of his buddies to come out of the trees where they were hiding. Steel and Overseer were still flanking them, just to make sure. I see a cow and make a fire to warm up our new found friends. All of a sudden, their group leader starts yelling that his overwatch guy is being shot at, while at the same time steel is asking if he should kill a sniper he found in the woods. My brain put the two together pretty fast and told both players to hold. Steel got off a bullet or 2 into him; thats how close it was to ending very badly.

Very fun night that was!

Sorry, but calm and North East West Airfield will never be in the same sentence for me. Try having your modem take a dump while you're chillin' in the barracks, just to log back in a day later RIGHT ON TOP OF ANOTHER SURVIVOR!!! There are like 6 rooms in the fricken building and he chose the very one I'd be spawning into at that very moment! Be it known, I will henceforth be donning my paranoid panties before entering this game.

Edited by Tyler~SPARTA~

I like the mod, there is zombie killing and pvp, and also alliances. Each time getting in a game a player doesn't know what he or she will encounter. Its a different style of playing, not run in there and shoot the zombies or whatever. There is a high learning curve, but once you find out what works, its a treat to play. It keeps my heart pounding all the time!

Sometimes linking up with people is good, but also going solo is beneficial. A player takes in account that day or moment agenda. Everyone has their own way to survive. I tend to keep moving, I don't like to stay in one place to long. I like to get in and out of a building as soon as I can and head back in the woods.

I personally like the game the way it is and hope they don't change much to it, but fix the bugs and keep improving on the gameplay.

Patch 1.53 Is out, make sure you download it.

Changelog:

UPDATE : 1 MAY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.3

Developer's Note:

* PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DAYZ 1.2.2 FROM LAST UPDATE ALREADY!

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Morphing to new character causes empty backpack

* [FIXED] At least some instances of players not able to load

* [FIXED] "Monkey" Zombies weren't spawning

* [FIXED] Bandits could not get in vehicle with other bandits/survivors

* [NEW] Sync of player now entirely player driven to reduce server load and hangups

* [NEW] Server database sync of characters heavily optimized to reduce load

* [NEW] Server database sync of vehicles heavily optimized to reduce load

* [NEW] Server item creation optimized to reduce change of vehicles/tents not spawning in

* [NEW] Management of tent/vehicle inventory sync by server rewritten

* [NEW] EXTERNAL SCRIPT: Dynamic Weather Effects Script by Engima

I'd been wandering the wilderness for days. It was cold and rainy, I'd eaten well, but rest? Not possible in this situation. My faith in humanity had been shaken to the core last week. Why did it have to go that way?... Making my way through the outskirts slowly calculating every move and watching, scanning endlessly. It never ends. Don't let your guard down, keep your head on a swivel. Didn't dare to start a fire or even a flare at night. The only thing worse than the zeds are other men, or what used to be men now with appetites too unseemly to speak on. I needed shelter, food and rest. Rumors of a Spartan stronghold in the East, I knew these men could be trusted. Hopefully the medical supplies I was packing could buy me a hot meal and a nights rest.

Making my way through the north I spotted a few groups moving through the towns. One of them was overrun, I heard the screams. Why didn't I help them? Could I have done anything? There was a time we'd never have left a man stranded. It used to be our job to head toward the gunfire, now I shyed away from it. There was an airfield nearby, hot spots, lots of fighting for scraps. I'd watched the air field all day and not seen a living soul. Still didn't feel good about going in, but who knows what it will take to buy what I need now. The night was clear, very dark and I knew my plan well, get in and get out. No way anyone could spot me without NVG's.

I approached the airfield from the East, this is the hill any sniper cover would be on I suspect. Didn't stumble on anyone, but would have had to in order to locate them. The darkness is a mixed blessing. Straight up to the control tower, zeds on the runway. I made my way into the building and up the stairs, heard stories of zeds hanging out in stairwells. I cracked a chem light just to be sure, checked for loot in the tower and didn't find much. A frag, smoke and an empty AK. Lets get the heck out of here. I made my way back down the stairs and chills went down my spine. The door was shut, not by me and sure as hell not the wind. Ambush. My mind raced.

Drop the light, creep back up the stairs and crawl as quietly as you can. I saw the glow of another chem light outside by the door. In the shadows I could make out two men, one of them definitely had an assault rifle. Certain polite conversation was not going to happen I planned my escape. I had some mighty treasure in my pack. Treasure... Yeah, this junk is worth a life. Frag. Smoke. Suppress. GO! I pulled the pin on the frag as quietly as possible, 1-2-3-drop. I sprinted down the stairs smoke in hand. BOOM! I kicked open the door, chucked the smoke and saw a man fall towards me. THUMP-THUMP from my shotgun just to be sure. CRACK! RUN! Rifle fire. Why the hell did you come out to this damn airfield!? I ran along the southern wall and cut around the corner hard, clear. Cut left, keep the building between us, get behind those hills. Get past the hangars, RUN. He'd woken up the zeds with that big stick and they were running East. Didn't stop running till I reached the coast. This was the first time I'd taken a mans life since it happened. Two men, all that over what? Just another DayZ.