Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, does anyone hear the sound of a little girl crying? :rolleyes:

lol EVERY day at least 20 times you make this "joke" about me....even now when your reply has nothing to do with my reply on Gunthars post....next time i return the favor are you gonna tell me to "shut the fuck up n00b" again?...i seriously dislike you and your company,ill be sure to avoid it from now on.

This mod is actually really fun when you can get in and the server stays up! lol

I just fixed the issue with not being able to load into servers (took about 30sec). Rocket (DayZ dev) was very happy :)

So it should start to be a lot more stable here shortly.

Rewrite the Hive?

Ha, I may. The .NET backend I've setup is so much better than named pipes, and more secure as well (TCP connection to central SQL server, so individual game servers don't get SQL access). Also doesn't rely on third party applications running on the game server itself, it loads as an extension into ArmA and directly connects via TCP to the SQL server, so all the game server has to do is run the dedicated server with the -mod switch for the addon. Then it connects to the centralized SQL server and does what it needs to do.

P.S. - The issue that made it so no one could load was about 2-3 typos in one function call.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

Ha, I may. The .NET backend I've setup is so much better than named pipes, and more secure as well (TCP connection to central SQL server, so individual game servers don't get SQL access). Also doesn't rely on third party applications running on the game server itself, it loads as an extension into ArmA and directly connects via TCP to the SQL server, so all the game server has to do is run the dedicated server with the -mod switch for the addon. Then it connects to the centralized SQL server and does what it needs to do.

P.S. - The issue that made it so no one could load was about 2-3 typos in one function call.

Nice find MH6. I think that is deserving of a custom model in game...

I thought about that scenario and wondered if they would run out..

• The map file they have is a very small chunk and that helps them, but they keep updating it forcing re-downloads.
  • People are very impatient with the logins as well - they will connect, wait 30 seconds, and disconnect/reconnect immediately.
  • Additionally, if you leave voice on, it creates a large amount of chatter - and given that you can't see peoples names, there is much more direct voice.
  • Lastly, you have to tweak your Arma server.cfg to reduce bandwidth given. Since they are doing GUI HUD updates every 1-2 seconds, this keeps a steady stream of data.

As for server performance - Domination was relentless on our servers when we were full. We tweaked our user count to like 35 max for that reason, and really had to watch how many objects were spawned in the world. Chernarus is a memory hog due to its size and object count (trees!), and some of the other maps are much more optimized.

Those issues really depends on how many people are in the server at the time and where they are from. If you have 49 people of 50 *you making 50*, it will take some time cause its trying to set everything up and get everything synced.