BF3 Beta - pro n cons

Batwing~SPARTA~

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far so good.

My Cpu uses 80%

My Gpu uses 80-90% first time a game has used that and I must say the graphics look just as well using medium settings as they did on Ultra.

It is Battlefield and of course the same mode and map is used with the Beta. Wait till the real game is out and we will have plenty to gripe about....:gun:

I am ready for the full game and hope we have a great time.

That's because setting everything to Ultra doesn't do anything at the moment. They've disabled a lot of what makes Ultra ultra for the Beta, such as DX11 tessellation (which makes everything look amazing)

Well, I have to say: I like Metro!! The more I play it the more I liked it, why? because of the close quarters & action, Tried Caspian border the other night on conquest & I have to admit, it was 1/2 the fun of metro, the problem was the vehicles, there so dam difficult to get hold of. but once again, it's who you play with.....

I like metro because its:

CQB

Action

No vehicles

Vehicles like the BPM in BC2 were a pain in the butt & most servers disabled there use, or had rules re: using them? why? because they detract.

Overall, I'm liking the Beta with bugs, but it all depends on one solid thing:

The server:

You get a few numpties in and it's shit

Ok I guess I will give my 2 cents now.

First of all I love FPS games. I am not the best at them but the majority of the time I hold my own and have fun.

I love PC FPS games, I think they are the elite of all FPS games and truly highlight the capability of game developers.

All of this being said I would rather be kicked in the nuts by an elephant than purchase BF3

1. Dolphin diving will begin again.

2. No leaning

3. Same tired game play as can be found in any modern shooter since BF 1942. Dress a cow in a monkey costume and it will still be a cow.

4. No major change from BFBC2

5. Browser launch system is retarded if I wanted to use a browser to play I would play BF Heroes

6. Clumsy UI for changing settings I shouldn't have to wait until I am playing to change anything, regardless of how little effort it is.

7. I am paying for quality content and easy to use interfaces not rehash and annoyances.

8. If I wanted to play CoD I would have bought CoD.

9. No matter how you fix it or balance it every one and their unborn child will play Recon and it will continue to ruin the game play on many servers.

10. If you are weeks away from launch and put an Open beta out by god you better have your shit working otherwise CoD is going to make you its bitch.

11. If I wanted to play a console game I would buy it on Xbox.

A few good things:

1. Graphics look great

2. Physics seem to work well.

3. New engine seems like it will be awesome.

4. Weapons seem a little more realistic.

I know all of the fans of this cookie cutter game will swear to the death that it is so much different than any other shooter you have ever played but at this point they are doing little other than making it look pretty giving you some new toys and waiting for you to shell out those dollars with little return. Either I am getting older or I have become bored with the FPS genre since it hasn't truly changed in almost a decade the greatest leap BF had was 2142 then they just copied CoD.

I just want to remind everybody to stay with an open mind proposition toward the final release.

I honestly don t think this Beta did any good to the final release. However I know I am the voice of probably a 2% of players. The other 98% grab the Beta and enjoyed till the last minute just because is a new toy and because of the need to shoot at anything that moves.

When I have that urge I still jump on some BC2 Server, I enjoy it for a few minutes and at least it works as is supposed to do, with a variety of choices.

I tried it, I sorta liked it with an open mind acceptation, it s flawed in a way I was honestly not expecting at 4 weeks to delivery, I archived it and unistalled it.

I am starting thinking is voluntarely flawed like this. It seems a twisted way to think, but I guess they voluntarely gave a product so bugged out to avoid hacking and discourage ppl to try to hold on this Beta when product will be out.

I really want to find reasonable justification to this at 4 weeks release.

I think we all have an open mind on the Final release version. Practicality and past experience tell me it will be buggy as shit but my ever optimistic side say's "Just this once a company will actually release a completed game.

This close to 'Gold' I very much doubt many of these 'bugs', 'glitches' call them what you will, will be fixed but when it comes down to it, they already have a LOT of peoples pre-orders so it's all money in the bank for them anyway.

They are trying fixes on the 'Beta' but even taking destructible landscapes out, there are still lot's of map glitches that people are taking advantage of. I'm not even going to get into the "Is a map glitch that everyone can use a cheat or not".

One thing I will say is this.

Batwing, I fully agree with your comment about trying to find some justification for the state of this 'Beta'. I don't care how much of a fanboy you are, there is no way you can justify the amount of map glitches in this 'Beta' and the fact that it was released in this state. I don't care what the 'beta test' was for, netcode, game balance, weapon adjustment. yada yada, you will not get valid data back if your core map is so glitched.

Again, I'm not being entirely negative about the game. I love the graphics, I think the optimisation is great (it runs well on many different systems), the gameplay is... Well... it's BF (love it or hate it).

They already have my money and what will make or break this game for me (as any other) is the Server options and whether LOS take it up or not. If the servers are configurable enough to allow a SPARTA type of game and enough people here play it then I'm all over it. If we cant tweak the servers and only a few play it then I doubt it will keep my interest.

Regardless of this, this thread is about the 'Beta' and I stand by my comments and find it hard to believe they released a massively anticipated 'Beta' for a massively anticipated game (which is only 4 weeks away) this glitchy and buggy.

I am with you, as I said, I unistalled it and this should definetely give a sign on how I feel about the Beta.

I ve been very excited about this game and I am still trying to be. I guess is the first time I pre-order a game and that s why i am trying to justify my action, to not look like a foul, not really to be a fan boy :)

I am not a fanboy of this kind of games, as my Public Stats can confirm. Is not a secret I suck at this kind of shooters, nonetheless I amy anjoy them and I have a right to have expectations :)

With a 1.6 Million dollar tournament coming up (Xbox and PS3) they better deliver a decent version for PC as well :)

I ve been very excited about this game and I am still trying to be. I guess is the first time I pre-order a game and that s why i am trying to justify my action, to not look like a foul, not really to be a fan boy :)

I am not a fanboy of this kind of games, as my Public Stats can confirm. Is not a secret I suck at this kind of shooters, nonetheless I amy anjoy them and I have a right to have expectations :)

I wasn't implying YOU were a fanboy Bat, I was just stating that even a fanboy wouldn't be able to defend the bugs this close to release when the map has been in a playable state since the alpha.

The map was playable/less bugs in Alpha because full destruction wasn't implemented in Alpha.... The main cause for most of the map bugs is the new destruction engine and the destructible ground. They've already stated they have a solid fix for full retail, we just wont see those fixes in the Beta. Their in-house build is much farther ahead than the Beta build. The build we're all playing on is a few weeks old. Most of the changes they're making at this point is in Battlelog, but of course they're taking in feedback from the map(s) atm as well.

Edited by Rooster90

It feels more like a teaser then a beta. Yes its buggy as hell, but its an old build they are using. You also have to remember they had to strip a full build to make this cut down beta, that in itself can be problematic. This is probably as close to a demo as we will see for this game.

My only major annoyance is that damn tactical laser. If i get flashed with it multiple times in a short period of time I get eye fatigue and a headache.......

Hmm, now theres a new commercial. Some random gamer playing a game of BF3 and a hand comes out of his monitor and flashes him in the eye's with a laser. The guy screams in agony and falls out of his chair........ And the slogan.... "So Real it Makes Your Eye's Hurt."

:darkvador:

Ok, this is the absolute last try with EA, ile try the beta and see what all the hubub is about.

You said that for the last three EA games you bought. LOL

Honestly, I would not form any opinions on the beta. The game will be pretty good once the beta is over and the game is patched.

Yep crap, and was crap, and still crap. the only reasion i bought them was the idiot group i was with went to them.

they are still for sale. Ya a beta is no real measure of a game. its full of eye candy and the like. EA needs to stick with what they do best sports games like tennis and hocky. But my old vid card won't run it so ile wait.

Well, EA is just a publisher. They don't actually MAKE or design the majority of games under their label. They set standards and deadlines for their developers, but beyond that the quality of the game falls on the developer (in this case, DICE). Of course, they are the major funding for their devs, so they have strings to pull on them.

@Medic: We've been affectionately calling that 'raffin. Short for giraffen', lol. We call it out everytime we spot somebody's model doing it. "Look at Syn, he's raffin, he's raffin!" XD

Athlon, what card are you running, you might be surprised. I assumed my 4780 would have to be replaced but it's handling the beta perfectly.

I know a lot of the gfx features have been disabled for the beta but if I can match my beta performance in the released game, at low - medium settings I'll be happy until I can stretch my budget to a 580gtx.

Ya i know all to well about dice. Im still running my old 8800, Wanting to build a new machine soon. But the car building thing is got it gobbled up. I like the ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ Motherboard and Phenom II X6 1090T Black edition. cpu Or the new Bulldozer series thats suspost to whip the $1000 intel cpu soon. The new invidia 6 series is due out soon as well. So no hurry at present time.

Ya i know all to well about dice. Im still running my old 8800, Wanting to build a new machine soon. But the car building thing is got it gobbled up. I like the ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ Motherboard and Phenom II X6 1090T Black edition. cpu Or the new Bulldozer series thats suspost to whip the $1000 intel cpu soon. The new invidia 6 series is due out soon as well. So no hurry at present time.

I would encourage you to purchase an Intel i7, but then you would have to change your name.

Naa the bulldozer series is going to put intell back to second place there they belong running microsoft office and the like. They have been there for so many years anyway, i suppose its ok for them to have the line light for a short time. Everybody gets there time in the sun for a short time.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~