Spartans Home

BF3 Beta - pro n cons

Batwing~SPARTA~

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/03/battlefield-3-open-beta-update-2.aspx

^ pretty much confirms/justifies everything I try and tell people.

It's a feature-stripped beta running on old code meant purely to stress test servers and test out Battlelog. Knew it.

Feature stripped? I didn't read that, I read it's a 4 week older version than the current build.

Justifies your own opinion not others.... The majority opinion on chat has been simple:

It's fun, it's infuriating, it's a progression of BC2, same problems & new ones.

NO Squad management what so ever, inc. final (according to DICE CM)

NO guaranteed way of joining friends squad.

NO way of leaving the game till you spawn in.

Holes in the base floor even with destruction turned off.

Spawn killing still happening like BC2

No way of making teams play as one, still many lone wolves & snipers.

For tactical play, it's kind of disappointing as the majority of the play encourages self play.

Overall I like alot of the play but with reservation, I'm sure others are going to have stronger opinions.

http://www.legionofspartans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9054&view=findpost&p=77811

Glad you like it Rooster, you'll get plenty of game time from it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we haven't seen how the squad implementation will work in Battlelog yet. It's entirely possible you could join a friend's squad from Battlelog when he/she is already in-game. I'll wait to pass judgement until I see it in action. I'm skeptical, but optimistic.

And no game can ever "make" anybody play as a team. ArmA is hyper-realistic and teamwork is a must, but that still won't stop anybody from lone-wolfing or not helping with objectives. Even TF2 or L4D series, the most simple of all team-based games, can't force others to play as a team. As with any game, you have to form a team of your own before you even enter a server if you ever wish to have that tactical/teamplay satisfaction. B-Team has been playing as a team from day 1 of beta and has been steamrolling most games we're in. Our win/loss ratio is well over 2:1, nearly 3:1. I really don't see how self-play is completely encouraged, because it certainly won't win you a game. Sure, we have guys with K/D's upwards of 1.8 and SPMs of 800-900. They easily go games 30-40 kills to single digit deaths. But just because they kill well doesn't ensure the game will be won. The team still has to work together to defend/destroy objectives. Same will go with Conquest game-modes. You can sit back and snipe all day but it won't win you games. It's the way FPS's have always been and always will be.