Spartans Home

ANNOUNCED: ARMA 3

MedicSN6

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small island? They're saying it may end up being 20x20 - 25x25km. MUCH bigger than cherno or takistan.

After looking at the photo, it just seemed "small" or maybe I'm thinking of the word "less dynamic." I guess I'm not a big fan of island maps. It may be the mountainman in me, but I feel more confined when I'm looking at those islands. That and it doesn't look much different than Arma1 island, meaning it's two land masses connnected by only one "choke point."

Let's not forget they have what looks like US Army personel conducting operations on an island, like they did in Arma1, and Marines going to war on a huge land mass. At least they got it right for OA.

What do you guys think about the "future warrior" aspect that's coming? I hope it's not too overdone like GRAW, as I've always been drawn to ARMA because it was current real-world scenarios with current real-world weapons.

The future setting bs,degrades the game to just another shooter.....i guess it depends on the amount of "plausible's"...too much of that makes it a bs sci-fi shooter,just without nano suits.

How do you simulate weaponry and vehicles that dont exist,how do you simulate strategy changes.....i dont know how far from "current real-world scenarios" they are gonna push this...but if they push it too far itll lose the "mil sim" title imho.

I think its a big mistake,but its waaaay too early to judge...i guess.

Edited by EL_n00biachi

they should just optimize it the very best they can, work on the AI and basically just completely polish it. IMO nothing even comes close to arma its in a league of its own. I hope they keep it a sim if they don't which wouldn't make sense, I would still give it go of course but I guess will just have to see what the future has in store for the series....Im looking forward to this

My main question is what are we going to do if the guy who made Dom doesn't pick this game up? Will we never have an arma 3 domination?

Regardless of having Dom or not having Dom, the game will be playable. There are enough VERY talented scripters here at Sparta to fill the potential void with missions and persistent mission environments to give us all something to do.

I think it would be wise to ask Xeno what he is anticipating and possibly planning (if someone hasn't already) and if he decides to not make a DOM for ArmA 3, would he give permission to someone else to use his ideas and apply them to the new map.

I didn t have time to read possible Specs about Arma3, however at this time I think there is too much speculation and is too early to get even worried about what it will or not will be.

I just want to hope they are smart guys. The thing is, there are already too many shooters out there way better than ARMA when it comes to be "not realistic"

It would make no sense whatsoever for BIS to try to get in competition with titles like BF franchise or Crysis or whatever else FPS you like. ARMA is not like that and I believe it will never deliver that kind of graphic and experience those other titles deliver..

However, ARMA is all of the rest those titles do not deliver. None of those titles even try to be a "sim" so the Universal Balance will be safe if ARMA doesn t try to become something it will never be.

With that said, I will retire to discuss this matter with Master Yoda, tension in the Force I feel...

Crapo. Still waiting for the memory RMA, and I thought I'd be settled for a while with the Q9650 upgrade. Oh well, once I finish the MBA in three years I'll be able to get the new I-15 (intel should be into the later teens by then) so I can play ARMA4.

Ebden, you should be fine with the Q9650. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but i5 is just Intel's latest branding for quad-cores, which yours & mine (Q9550) are.

Based on the minimum specs listed I'm only planning on a gfx upgrade, which I already have scheduled for BF3.

Hey guys! Sorry for having to post this in a totaly wrong place, but i really need your help. Is there a way i can get it at this point, where your ts3 isnt up? as far as i can see i cannot post a new thread. but im having some game issues. thanks anyway. sincerely. Louis Carter

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Yankee, I just came back to it. Here's the pic.

229432_192181604161911_192181357495269_453520_5408896_n.jpg

What I'm getting at Rooster is that it's showing that futuristic soldier look, a sniper with NVG glowing bright green. And the green-glowing Ghost Recon look to the logo. Hopefully it's just theatrics and they don't go for the hyper-future-soldier type game.

Looking at the questionaire, it looks like there's really nothing new with the game except a few new vehicles and updated graphics. We will still probably get the same terrain that we're used to, and most likely the cqb will not be changed very much, which is fine I guess, I was just hoping for a little better in the terrain/movement department. Of course it's all speculation at this point, so who knows hopefully we'll be surprised.

Well, its supposedly going to be on the Phys X engine. And the screenshots I've seen out there look much better than what is in Arma 2 already. The terrain seems to be blended much better.

I have high hopes.

Let's hope the terrain not only looks nice but is more usable. I love the idea of hiding in the grass, and they made pretty good strides with Arma2, but it wasn't perfect. It's hope they take it to another level in this version.

So far, going by the screenshots, the only thing I'm seeing different is the underwater ops. Everything else just looks updated graphics-wise. *which isn't saying it's a terrible thing in the least!*

He doesn't look that futuristic... he just has multicam, a ghillie suit, and some gen4 NVG's. All of which are fairly standard for any Pathfinder-trained snipers in the US Army. I'm not seeing anything indicating a "future-soldier" feel, at least not anything close to what was in the GRAW series.