Spartans Home

ANNOUNCED: ARMA 3

MedicSN6

That's right ladies and gents. ARMA 3 and there's screenshots too! Coming: 2012.

arma3_logo.png

Arma 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.

Storyline

Survive, Adapt, Win

After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

* Survive in the rich & authentic environment

* Adapt to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat

* Win the open-ended & story-driven campaign

Combining the strength of its predecessors with radical engine improvements, Arma 3 provides a unique experience of sandbox-oriented combat gameplay in the most detailed environment of the series.

Key features:

* Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.

* Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.

* Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

* Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.

* Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.

* Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.

* Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

DETAILS:

* Coming

* Rating

target rating

* Publishers

Bohemia Interactive

* System requirements

Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

Memory: 2 GB

Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster

DVD: Dual Layer compatible

Hard disk: 15 GB free space

Other: DirectX® 10

http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/games/arma3 for source and screenshots.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what engine they used to make this, but it would seem that they are very pleased with the Real Virtuality Engine used to make all of their other combat sims.

here's a PDF that explains some of it up to ArmA 2: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&task=download&id=20%3Aevolution-of-real-virtuality-engine-pdf&lang=en

You can see the progression of their engine and how it might be upgraded for ArmA 3.

So let the speculation begin...

We have underwater OPs, and a submarine. Can anyone tell by the buildings where it's at? Looks like Greece in one of the Comanche island photo. We can stage a modern Thermopylae!

Oh and I see headaches with the Comanche lol.

* Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

I hope this is also reflected in the uniform externally, like some of the Blackfoot stuff I've seen.

* System requirements

Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

Memory: 2 GB

Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster

DVD: Dual Layer compatible

Hard disk: 15 GB free space

Other: DirectX® 10

Kiss my entire butt! ill bet ya a zillion bucks you wont be able to run this game at 800x600 everything low with this!

Ofcourse Durka and i already knew,seeing as we were the only 2 losers to follow the "Persian hacker" bullshit hahaha.....but now its official.....awesome news!!

I doubt those screenshots mean anything tho,its probably something they are aiming for instead of actual ingame screenshots (?).

Downloading as we speak

NOT hahahahaha

LMAO :banana_dance:

I doubt those screenshots mean anything tho,its probably something they are aiming for instead of actual ingame screenshots (?).

I'd say those are real screenies. BI has a history of posting pretty much exactly what is seen in game on their promotions without the photoshop, unlike many many other companies like GRIN.

This is GREAT!

Anyway, I am a simple person, you don t need much to make me happy.. actually i have 2 major requests to Santa to forward to B.I.S.:

1) Better charachter animation - the robotic transition from one action to another kicks this game ass so badly when compared to any other modern game

2) Better Voice interaction - no more freaking robotic voices! if you can t make it sound normal, just shut the fuck up !! I can t stand that anymore !

With that said.. I would be already pretty happy!

Majority of other implementations sound a lot as ACE becoming part of the game, with the difference today is free, tomorrow we will pay to have exactly what we have now for free...

I remember this kind of stuff happened years ago with Falcon 4 flight sim. There was a massive online community who improved and manipulated the Sim Core, up to call it Free Falcon.

Then one day came a new company, rebrand the game as Falcon 4 - Alliance something(I cant recall, i have the game at home anyway..) and put it for sale at 50 bucks. Then it turn out it was a very well done collection of all of the free content you could get for Free Falcon assembled on a new package with a new Server browser....

I agree with you Batwing but want to add one more item to the list.

Figure out how to properly implement grass in this game, it's been plaguing the series ever since the beginning. Right now it is purely cosmetic and actually has a negative impact to surviving a firefight if you have it turned on client-side. I think the Battlefield series makes it so anything behind grass is invisible at a distance, but that might not be the right answer.

Another solution might be when you raise up your sights, don't render the grass for like a 35 degree angle in front of the player.

I agree with you Batwing but want to add one more item to the list.

Figure out how to properly implement grass in this game, it's been plaguing the series ever since the beginning. Right now it is purely cosmetic and actually has a negative impact to surviving a firefight if you have it turned on client-side. I think the Battlefield series makes it so anything behind grass is invisible at a distance, but that might not be the right answer.

Another solution might be when you raise up your sights, don't render the grass for like a 35 degree angle in front of the player.

Artificial solution,fix the damn cheatin AI....for real go try it; if you lay down in 10 inch high grass you really cant see anything.......take a knee!...the problem isnt the grass...its the cheating AI i hope they fix that instead of the grass.

Artificial solution,fix the damn cheatin AI....for real go try it; if you lay down in 10 inch high grass you really cant see anything.......take a knee!...the problem isnt the grass...its the cheating AI i hope they fix that instead of the grass.

I'm with you on this one. The grass isn't the major problem. The AI is. Seeing and shooting accuretly from over 300m with the iron sights of an ak after being shot multiple times... Really. haha.

It does look very good though. :)

As we all know, having the perfect AI has been the biggest issue of every developer since Comodore 64. I just don't see it getting better or satisfying everyone in the near future. It is what it is right now, and I suspect that's why a lot of people go PvP instead.

If there was a single most annoying gripe to the ARMA engine it would be their use of rivers. More bridges and better river rendering would open up so many mission possibilities, not to mention be more realistic.