Spartans Home

ANNOUNCED: ARMA 3

MedicSN6

GAMEPLAY VIDEO: (filmed off screen)

Poor quality, but you get the jist of it. Looks pretty much the same as ArmA 2, with better graphics, physics, and customizable weapons. Looking forward to it. :)

Actual gameplay starts around 2:30.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you listen to it they say that is Arma 2 footage. Since the new game is still being developed.

I think, if I heard correctly, they were talking about the animations being from Arma2. As for the graphics and terrain, I hope that's the case because it looks exactly like Arma2 with added physics. The water elements look much better, though.

Nobody's mentioned much about AI at this point. I wonder if their "lone wolf" aspect is their way of fixing some of the AI problems. (if you're fighting by yourself, you don't have to worry about telling AI where to go)

• 2 months later...

Futuristic ?

I watched that video and i didn t get it the "futuristic' aspect. The guy talk about futuristic but.. can t get it.

It s an interesting walkthru but i think it can generate "sensation" with ppl unused to Arma2. Actually a lot of similar "new" behaviors are old stuff we are used to with ACE.

It looks like there will be more customization on weapons and other items, however not enough to call a game vers. 3 to me.

I have to be honest, I still see the standard unnatural charachter behavior. I still see a very poor interactive menu. I still see the same old animations (and they still suck to me). I am not 'sold" because now I can put my hand on a steering wheel.

All in all it looks way more a MOD than a full vers. 3 of this game. We have tons of mods allowing us to do a lot of similar "outstanding" things and they are free.

Of course I will buy Arma 3 when will be released, but that is gonna happen because we will migrate to it, not because I see massive innovation on it.