Spartans Home

Players needed for GR:IT video on 12 March

Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

if you dont have Lingor sorted then be on TS 1 hour b4 and get it sorted - I will try to be there 1 hour b4 to assist if necessary.

Would like to be on the alternate list .

@IDAN - Added to alternate list.

I will also be on TS about 90 minutes prior to mission start. Our guest notwithstanding, Ebden is the only person on the team that I am not certain has ever played one of the GR:IT missions. We will have a GR:IT mission running so that you can test your connection to the server--if you can get in, you have everything configured correctly.

As for our alternates, please feel free to drop by early so that we can be certain that you are squared away should your services be necessary.

If you are using the Digital Compass add-on, please make sure that it works when doing a server connection test.

As stated in the original post, please disable any add-ons that are not required, especially ACE and RH Weapons (for those of you that play on the Lingor ACE server).

Lighty, I will be around from late afternoon 17:00 gmt ish for any Server related issues or last minute uploads.

Fatal, I assume I will be on Server admin duties for the mission.

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~

Hey guys, note on the side..

I was testing on our server, launching mis 4 vers.1.2, just to take a look at possible changes.

I noticed for some reason The Ammo crate can be used only from the front position. It spawns in a bush and 1 person at the time, maybe 2 can use it because it will work while accessing only from 1 side.

This is not a big problem, but for mission organization sake I think is important to keep in mind that when we get inserted.

Fatal, I assume I will be on Server admin duties for the mission.

Dai-San, you are my go-to guy for this event. :) I hope this is not too much to ask, but the fact is that you seem to really enjoy helping to get these things going. As always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Please bring along a few of your AirSoft weapons to help keep people in line.

Thank you to the squad for another good mission, sorry we didn't all make it out this time, especially to Batwing when I had to make the call on our last revive. I figured our guest should at least have a chance to finish! :thumbsup_anim:

Really looking forward to that blooper real now! :poster_oops:

well done guys - another very intense and enjoyable mission - glad Evan came for the ride and hope he joins us again and brings his mates too - the more the merrier.

i feel like the Revives are perfect at the moment - enough to get you back on track after a few scraps but not enough to guarantee that you will complete the mission.

it all almost went sour but we managed to regroup and get it done.

great work.

Lighty

Even though I didn't get to walk out of the mission alive, it was an awesome mission. Very nice work Lightspeed, had all the suspense that I am used to. Excellent leadership Watchman and Dai-San. Pleasure to be shot by you Evan, ERR, I mean pleasure to play with you Evan thumbsup.gif

Edited by Hajimoto

Nice miission as usual, well played.

I didn t know we had limited amont of revives. My understanding was we had max 2, meaning at least a second chance each.

However, my bad... I should have been more cautious in first place.

Also I was thinking the TL had only 2 lives.

Anyway, losses are part of the contract, at least send some flowers to my relatives :)

I hope Evan anjoyed. It was tense and nice adrenaline rush as usual.

Mission accomplished, good work everyone!

I was really worried about the outcome when Dai-San went down for the second time, but we got lucky because Lightspeed got a 2-for-1 revive on both Evan and Dai-San. Until that happened, I thought the mission was going to be a wash.

It's also a good thing that Evan was demolitions man, because it allowed him to feature prominently in the video when it came time to destroy the airfield assets.

As soon as the video is done, I will create a new thread. Once the video is featured on the PCG website, I will post that link in that same thread.

I didn t know we had limited amont of revives. My understanding was we had max 2, meaning at least a second chance each.

However, my bad... I should have been more cautious in first place.

Also I was thinking the TL had only 2 lives.

sorry mate - ideally i want all players on Sparta to become 'unDominated' for these missions - you get one chance and then every step can mean your last one.

the purpose of the TL revive is to give an unfortunate Corpsman a second chance if he catches an unfortunate bullet, although a TL could opt to use that revive on another unit but be aware that if his Corpsman bites the bullet then there are no revives left.

sorry mate - ideally i want all players on Sparta to become 'unDominated' for these missions - you get one chance and then every step can mean your last one.

the purpose of the TL revive is to give an unfortunate Corpsman a second chance if he catches an unfortunate bullet, although a TL could opt to use that revive on another unit but be aware that if his Corpsman bites the bullet then there are no revives left.

I did consider, briefly, using my revive to bring someone back at the end. But even though we had the mission end in sight and he was out of revives, the Medic was still my responsibility, if he took a hit.

As TL I didn't like leaving guys behind but for me the gameplay rules are as important as the action itself.

Progress Report:

Due to a series of unfortunate events (my family and lady-friend insisted on spending time with me this weekend), I was unable to start video production until late Sunday evening. In hindsight, this turned out to be a very good break; it didn't realize until Sunday morning how wound up and tense I had become during the recording session as well as the few hours leading up to mission start. I don't recall breathing during the entire game--I was too worried about system crashes, gamepad malfunctions, loss of 'Net connection due to inclement weather, etc.

Nonetheless, I'd say that the video is 60% complete. I had to spend more time than usual creating additional assets to brand the video with materials that PC Gamer wanted me to include.

I estimate that the final length of the video will be 18 minutes, although I am granting myself a total of 20 minutes so that I don't have to cut away too much good footage.

I am also taking my time with this production. I learned much about the software I am using in the process of creating the other videos, and the new-and-improved camera controls have more than doubled the amount of usable footage.

I continue to refine my editing techniques; it is now common for me to show a particular clip of video while using audio assets (usually comm chatter) taken from other points in the timeline. While the presentation of the video is linear--events are shown in the order that they occurred--I do occasionally exchange the sequence of some elements for dramatic effect. The end result of all of this is that I sometimes spend up to 30 minutes creating a segment of footage that is only one minute long.

I won't bore you with further technical details; I will only say that I am very happy about how this video is shaping up.

And now, once last bit of good news: I have confirmed that Evan Lahti will be joining us again for another session. At the moment, we are planning on the last Saturday or Sunday of March. As soon as I have more solid information, I will create a new thread so that we may begin our preparations.

Family first bud allways, as much as I am looking forward to seeing the vid it's more important that you are happy with the result no rush.

Family first bud allways, as much as I am looking forward to seeing the vid it's more important that you are happy with the result no rush.

Screw that... Crack on slacker :ranting2:

Only kidding bud, we all appreciate the time and effort you have put into this and wait with baited breath the results at your convenience.