Spartans Home

Players needed for GR:IT video on 12 March

Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

Hey guys,

*** EDIT: TIME HAS BEEN SET *** Mission start time will be 1PM PST/4PM EST/9PM GMT.

*** EDIT, Part II *** Evan Lahti, Senior Editor for PC Gamer Magazine, will be joining us for this mission. Please try not to kill him.

At the moment, I am trying to film a successful mission completion of GR:IT mission #4. For the sake of everyone involved, I think that organizing these events in advance and setting the ground rules will ensure that everything will go as smoothly as possible. The event will take place on Saturday, March 12th.

I will be available almost all day Saturday, from 2PM EST/7PM GMT until I can no longer keep my eyes open. If you would like to take participate in this event, please read the remainder of this post.

1. You must post a reply in this thread to be considered for inclusion; this tells me that you have read this post and know what the expectations are. Please indicate the timeframe(s) that you will be available to play. Once I have a good indication of when most people will be available, I will set a definite time. I need at least seven participants for this project.

2. Once a time for the event has been set, you must be on TeamSpeak and in-channel (ArmA Tac/TacDom, sub-channel Alpha) no later than 5 minutes after the set time. At that time, the channel will be locked/password-protected.

3. You must have all of the required add-ons installed and ready to go prior to the start of the event. Read through this thread to get links for the required add-ons. Please feel free to contact me if you need assistance with setting these up.

4. Please do not have any other add-ons enabled if they are not required, particularly any version of ACE. Failing to disable unnecessary add-ons can cause error messages to pop up on my screen, interfering with the otherwise clean video that I am attempting to capture.

5. Please ensure that you are using Push-To-Talk instead of Voice-Activated or Continuous Transmission. As this is for a video shoot, I don't want to have to try to edit out extraneous background noise from an otherwise good piece of footage.

6. As we all know, Arma is a demanding game. Please ensure that you are doing everything possible to get optimal performance and to decrease the likelihood of events such as system crashes--no torrents running in the background, performing a clean system reboot prior to event start, etc. You know your own systems better than I do, so please do whatever you feel is necessary.

7. TAC rules apply. This means clean comms and executing the mission plan as outlined by the Squad Leader. Remember, I will be recording everything from the moment that we enter the mission map until the mission is complete. As with all TAC missions, there will be no Join-In-Progress.

I think I've covered all of the bases here. As this is my project, it is time that I assume all responsibility for assuring that these events run as smoothly as possible. Should you choose to participate, your adherence to the above is not only appreciated, but also necessary for participation.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

if you will build it i will come

do ,me best greetz

if there is no room let me know

greetz

(il try not to kill or injure anybody ;-)

maybe i should drop a newer version on the server before we try it?

Yes, please. I will be around at some point on Friday, hard to say when precisely. If you are around--and if no one else is making use of the server at the moment--perhaps we can load it up just to test it a bit.

By the way, this is the reason that I am itching to get the whip cracking on the next video.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

i will arrange for a new version to go up plus there is a new version of 1 which needs testing for the helo extraction and i have just redone the extract for mission 5.

they should all be 1.2 when they hit the dedi.

for some reason mission 6 wont load - i suspect its related to the civilians module which i will remove and test.

and yes Fatal - that is a vast improvement of camera control.

it actually is movie director quality now - you must be stoked as i can tell you are in your element making movies. good to see.

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Count me in as always.

Lighty, mission one is now broken as of 1.2 we could not insert, people fell from Helo or crashed from Arma. Also the fog on mission four is still too much sometimes, for at least 5 mins last night I was down to 3mtr view distance near the Airfield which was a nightmare.

The fog is defo an issue, during the advance on the field on Wednesday I could barely see the opposite side and had no idea where shots were coming from.

Having said that, I'd hate to see it removed as it adds so much to the feel.

Depending on how the filming goes I'm happy to try out the new mission afterwards.

I'm on call till 10pm but I'll be in if there is a second mission, I'll play blackops till then (unless I get called out) :United_Kingdom:

Will there be any nudity?................. :banana_dance:

Ok fine then IF ya'll have enough I will hold (So others can play) out but if any slots open I will check in.

If there are any problems just shout at Daisan......as he can upload to server any other problems just shout at us .:rolleyes:

Please be aware that Evan Lahti, Senior Editor for PC Gamer Magazine, will be joining us for this mission. As he is our guest, I ask that you try not to team-kill him too many times. :)

Just be thankful EBE isn't playin Evan would be a dead man walkin ( soz EBE ROFL )

Howdy folks,

Thanks to everyone for their enthusiasm and desire to participate in this project. The mission only has nine player slots, one of which is being filled by our guest, Evan.

As for the remaining eight slots, I will give priority to those that replied to the post first AND are here on time in TeamSpeak AND ready to go with all required add-ons.

Of course, real-life often upsets such plans as these; someone may not be able to make it, so for those on the alternates list, please be present on TeamSpeak at or before the specified time.

** EDIT 2 ** At the moment, these are the team members that have confirmed their intent to participate:

1. Evan Lahti

2. EBE

3. Hajimoto

4. Lightspeed

5. Peter

6. Watchman

7. Dai-San

8. Batwing

9. Jealco

** EDIT 2** Our alternates are currently:

1. IDAN

2. Donziboy2

3. Halli (who was gracious enough to be bumped down so that others might have a chance to play).

4. Yankee

With that out of the way, I would like to add a couple of related comments. First, please bear in mind that this is far from the last mission video shoot I will be doing, and I plan on scheduling the next mission for the evening hours (in relation to North American time zones) so that others can participate at times more convenient to them. I will give a little more advance notice next time, and the procedure for participation will be the same.

Second, Evan Lahti has already confirmed that, upon completion of the video, we will once again be featured on the PC Gamer Magazine website (and we'll likely get a mention on their podcast as well). It makes me proud to be a part of this group when I look at that list of team members; it's like something out of Tom Clancy's novel, "Rainbow Six"--an international group of soldiers working together for a common cause. Among other things, this project will showcase the diversity of our group, which is something that I think we can all be happy about.

Best of luck to all of you in today's mission.

sounds good bud - can we make sure of one thing plz - i hope everyone has their addons sorted out which aside from Lingor includes things such as Digital Compass and ShakTack Hud. (they are not deal breakers but well worth having)

if you dont have Lingor sorted then be on TS 1 hour b4 and get it sorted - I will try to be there 1 hour b4 to assist if necessary.

if you are not ready with your mods at time of insertion then you are out - don't take it as a punishment - but for the benefit of everyone who is organised why should they have to wait on you?

looking forward to this,

Lighty.