Spartans Home

New GFX Card for BF3?

Rocky

The perf. in the demo wasn't too bad Panic. All settings were on low and it looked alright, frames were "playable" for the most part.

It's a dual core Q6600 I have so I am not sure if that would bottleneck a new GFX card.

Definitely not building a new PC for this game but might justify a new card.

Go big or go home, GTX 580

:winner_first:

My 560 Ti runs this game like a boss. Far and away the best bang for your buck and is a perfect candidate to SLI later on. Seeing as EVGA has discontinued their line of Classified 570 cards (and all 500 series Classified cards) there really isn't another 570 that would give you the performance of a stock 580 for 150 dollars cheaper. 570 is still a solid choice, but I'd imagine the 560 Ti is more within your budget.

ATI 6870 or 6950 wich u can flash and "upgrade" to performe just like a 6970. The 6870 is on sale here in Denmark for only 120£ wich is dirt cheap for a great card

Oh and Q6600 is quad core and not dual core and yes it will bottleneck a new card

Edited by usthomsen~SPARTA~

Ati HD 6870 with DDR 5 works damn good I know because thats what im running with my Amd 6 core, and the Nvidia 470 and 500+ should run it nice not sure on the bottle necking though.

It's a QUAD core Q6600 I have

There is one (maybe two) option to overclock your CPU too..

--------------------------------------------------

D A N G E R

CLOCKGEN ( i used an older version )http://www.filecluster.com/System-Utilities/Benchmark-Diagnostics/Screens-ClockGen.html

Find the right settings ... to oc (ics ?? bla bla)

I used this program too but forgot right setttings (sorry)( FSB 312 or /333 ..)

(don't forget) first if u are willing crank up fans (if not already)(with OC don't ecxeed temps higher then 65°.(clean pc.. from dust)

it is only possible on desktop (running this) not in bios !!!! ( bios is better but some mobo's won't )

u have to put it on it everytime u start or stop PC . (sux i know)

but for a 2.8 or maybe 3.0 oc (or more) woop (not?) (don't exceed or troubles await U)

goog luck on finding GPU-CARD

Edited by EBE

Im running a 2500k and GTX 285 on a 1900x1200 monitor with med settings and i keep 60FPS.

Nice.... that is one point alot miss, the resolution, as it goes up the FPS go down !!!

1920x1200 is an ultra resolution, getting 60 FPS on 1024x768 will not get close to 60FPS on 1920x1200.

Always remember the resolution, it's like the cherries inside the pie.

Purely from a performance viewpoint you can't get much better than a GTX 560ti OC if you want bang for bucks but I'm hesitant to recommend them for BF3 as a lot of people (me included) are having issues with them and CTD's.

Thanks for the tips. I've thought about it and building a new PC just for BF3 is a bit silly, so I'll need to stick with the Q6600 and get a card that is better than the 8800 but won't choke the Q6600, seems like a good compromise.