Spartans Home

New GFX Card for BF3?

Rocky

Awesome!! Thanks! LOL what a superb test, did u see the photo of all the GFX cards LOL.

Yes all those lovelies.......

I'm currently building a new system for my backup PC, using some old components & replacing the: CPU/ Motherboard/ Memory & cooler, then will bench next to my Gigabyte X58A with i7 975 (from 2 years ago) to see if it does fly or burn......

New system will be :

Gigabyte Z68X-UD7 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard

Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor - OEM

Corsair Hydro H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/LGA2011/AM2/AM3)

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-15000C9 1866MHz Dual Channel Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9)

We will see if the Z68 is upto the hype of taking a stock 2600k and 2700k to 5.0Ghz on AIR.

Browsing those GFX 5** cards at ebuyer etc, it is quite striking how few customer reviews there are for those cards i.e compared to when I bought my 8800 a few years ago, virtually nobody is buying high end GFX cards these days. Even the 570's have like 2 or 3 customer reviews. A few years back a card of similar standing for that year would have 100+ reviews, if memory serves me right.

Yes all those lovelies.......

We will see if the Z68 is upto the hype of taking a stock 2600k and 2700k to 5.0Ghz on AIR.

I did know it but I had been playing with my system set to auto on the MB and was playing BF3 @ 4.3 turbo with a stock cooler and have had no problems

now I have it set to turbo at 3.8 max just for longevity.

it is quite striking how few customer reviews there are for those cards

Not really the cards, genuine reviews are getting harder to find in all products. Only the last 6 months or so, amazon, scan, dabs, to name a few, send me a email now asking me to review this product. Everytime I buy something. And the amount of times I have read a bad review, next day it is automagically gone, well...Hardly surprising with the internet trolls these days.

Running 2 x gtx460 here in SLI. Supurb. Cheap. Can try this out tomorrow with just 1 card running and see the difference.