Spartans Home

GR meets Arma2: Podagorsk

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Welcome to the next GR campaign which takes place on the Podagorsk Peninsula, a small piece of land which sits just south of Moldova on the edge of the Black Sea.

Moldova, much like Georgia, declared it's independence from Russia in the early 1990's and was recognised as such by the UN in 1992. Again similar to Southern Ossetia in Georgia there exists a breakaway state, known as Transnistria, which declares independence from the greater Moldova and continues to declare it's allegiance to Russia.

The Transnistrians occupy the autonomous region east of the river Dniester in Moldova, to the Ukrainian border to the east and heading south to the peninsula as Podagorsk. It is from here that Transnistrian rebels have commenced attacks against the legitimate government and it appears they may be receiving military support from Russia itself, who has not been shy in declaring it's disapproval at both Moldova and it's neighbour, Ukraine, declaring their independence.

Some UN officials believe that Russia has an ulterior motive for supporting the rebels and ultimately intends to reclaim the small European state of Moldova as it's own, and subsequently, use this occupation to launch a dual-pronged attack on Ukraine from both Moldova and Russia on the eastern border of Ukraine.

We cannot allow the Trinistrians to succeed with their operations but we have to play it carefully to. The last thing we want is to give Russia an easy excuse to launch a full-scale attack on Moldova. We must conduct our operations covertly, and as such, we will be using the Ghosts who performed so successfully in Georgia.

Good luck Ghosts...

---------

After a couple of months break I have kicked off the mission making again - have a cuple of missions down and I'm aiming to do between 6 & 8. This will be like a return to Georgia with similar missions and the atmosphere of Georgia.

• 3 weeks later...

ok my brothers,

I have prepared about 6 or 9 or 10 proposed missions for this campaign but they will need some beta testing. Is anyone interested in participating in the testing let me know.

These are modern versions of GR missions from the original campaign with tweaks here and there. They will feel like GR but obviously on new map with different layout but should feel like home to GR vets, and those who played the GR:IT missions (main difference is now you are European soil).

This first version will be using stock Arma2 gear and stock medic - but you can leave ACE activated for it.

There are one or two addons required at this stage - obviously Podagorsk (a brilliant map) and Norrins fastrope - I will provide links later.

Missions such as Farm, Castle, Swamp, Docks, can be tested this weekend as well as some new GR missions called Tank and Stronghold. More night missions this time, plus wintery, foggy missions. You will love them!

9 player coop.

Love Lighty.

Will there be a version of "Caves" as the starter mission?

Loved all of the OGR missions but that map always had so much potential, that I think can be unlocked with Arma.

Also hoping for a proper helo extract from the embassy roof! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Watchman~SPARTA~

Alas, there are no caves in Arma2 which is a damn shame so I been trying to work on an alternate version.

Again, Embassy is difficult bcoz there are not the building available but working on a solution. It may be another map which finally becomes the scene for a helo extract off a roof top although Chernarus coupld be a contender.

Zeno - these missions were built with ACE2 enabled although I have not included ACE content - so all should work perfectly with it on but what I might do is remove ACE for initial testing during beta. One benefit of ACE is that you have 2 minutes to cross water i.e. a river b4 you lose your equipment - vanilla sadly does not offer this.

ok here are the 2 addons required for the mod -

Podagorsk 1.1 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8792

Norrins MP Compatible Fastrope v.0.7 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791&highlight=FASTROPE

I will upload missions in the next day or so and if you could run a quick test to make sure you can get into the mission through MP.

L.