Spartans Home

Operation Amphitrite's Net

DaiSan

Saturday 21st May, around 20:00 UK time

8 player Co-op (+ 1 observer if required)

Anyone fancy it ??

Mission Briefing

"Round two gentlemen, as we are all aware, OBL gave us no chance to interrogate him so we lost a lot of potentially useful information regarding his network, command structure and the location of important assets.

However, it has come to light that a USB pen drive was recovered from the location and decryption has begun in earnest.

The first piece of useful information to surface is the location of his second in command, a certain Ayman al-Zawahiri.

ayman.jpg

We have pinpointed this location as a compound just inside the border of Pakistan in a town called RASMAN

Our job is simple. A Forward Operating Base ‘Evrotas’ has been set up just over the border in Afghanistan and from there we are tasked with Assaulting Ayman al-Zawahiri's compound and capturing him. All our Intel indicates Ayman al-Zawahiri is never left unguarded by his two sons and the compound also houses a sizeable force of his loyal followers.

Now for the bad news.

RASMAN is right next to a Pakistani Military Airfield. Intel reports that this base is run with a skeleton crew but there are Anti-Air assets housed there. After the recent events tension is obviously high and we are in no doubt that supposedly a friendly nation or not, Pakistan WILL give the airfield troops permission to engage us. As such this is a covert Op's and engagement of the Pakistani troops is a last resort and only to be entered upon if we ourselves are fired upon. I repeat, DO NOT engage the Airfield troops until fired upon yourselves.

Now report to your Team Leader and prepare for insertion to F.O.B Evrotas.

Good luck gentlemen, and be safe!"

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

Well thought out mission, plagued only by the constant bugs. If they can be ironed out it will be a great addition.

Hot inserts didn't seem to work when your pilot is part of your ground team, maybe could be more successful with a " bump & go" approach?

Gunthar made a mission having AI pilots inserting using various kind of choppers. It could be an interesting solution if you like the idea to have a chopper, dropping us in the yellow area waiting for the GO order.

About that part of the mission, I have a question.

Is there something specific either on the story plot or on the mission itself we need to wait for in order to get the green light to go?

I didn t get the full sense of that option. It happened too quickly to allow an "on ground troops placement" and not having longer time to possibly approach whatever position, I just don t see why we need to wait for a GO order.

I like the idea but i feel like it should be better implemented.

@ Batwing

Dai's mission clearly states in the briefing where to hold and there is an audio go command.

There is a script on armahaulic that does hot inserts with a helo. It flys in and lands a bit faster than normal and kickes everyone out as it touches down then leaves in less than 2 sec. Check into it if you like I am going to do some testing with it before I start using it.

Also you can get AI pilots to land where you want them to but it takes a bit of trial and error to get just the right flight path and LZ to where they hit it every time. I had a flight of 3 littlebirds landing on a street outside a building and leaving consistantly it just took about 4 hours of trial and error and running the sequence over and over again.

Edited by Gunthar~SPARTA~

I know this is a tad off-topic, but do either of you know how to (or where i should look) to have "capture" objectives? Kind of like in Dom when you capture bunkers? There's a few places I want to have timed captures around certain objects to complete an objective on the mission I'm making.

And don't just say "Armaholic". That site is an absolute mess, I can never find anything I search for there.