Spartans Home

Must Have's

DaiSan

It is, as well as Digital Compass and a few others.

You say it is, but STHUD requires CBA. Whenever I try to join a SPARTA server with CBA I am greeted with a non accepted key error and bounced. It also points to the CBA_OA not being accepted which is part of the lastest CBA 6.0 pak.

Have DC and STHUD been added to a SPARTA pak for OA, if so can you share the link to the pak?

Thanks

Edited by Hajimoto

I tried to install the STHUD pak and gave me all sort of errors and missing files.

I tried ti nstall some missing packs and then yet errors, so I gave up.

Addons are nice, but either they are nice and clean and most importantly they come with clear instructions, or for me their perfect locaation is my trash can ;)

You say it is, but STHUD requires CBA. Whenever I try to join a SPARTA server with CBA I am greeted with a non accepted key error and bounced. It also points to the CBA_OA not being accepted which is part of the lastest CBA 6.0 pak.

Have DC and STHUD been added to a SPARTA pak for OA, if so can you share the link to the pak?

Thanks

IIRC theres a specific version of CBA which is allowed. FTLOM I cannot remember which one.

Ok, T1 is right. It is nothing to do with the addons. There is a specific version of CBA that is allowed on the SPARTA servers and it get's overwritten when you install ACE. You should have a backup of this as explained in the ACE install.

If not then you can download it from Here

Once this is running they should work (please note that the Digital Compass needs switching on when you are in game. Just spawn on the server then hit escape and you will see a button on the top right to turn it on). You can also make the Digit Font larger, (catch me on TS for easy instructions).

Ok, T1 is right. It is nothing to do with the addons. There is a specific version of CBA that is allowed on the SPARTA servers and it get's overwritten when you install ACE. You should have a backup of this as explained in the ACE install.

If not then you can download it from Here

Once this is running they should work (please note that the Digital Compass needs switching on when you are in game. Just spawn on the server then hit escape and you will see a button on the top right to turn it on). You can also make the Digit Font larger, (catch me on TS for easy instructions).

I've never installed ACE, so no chance of anything being overwritten. When I next go in game I'll write down the error I get that relates to the HUD. As for the digital compass, I didn't know that you had to "switch it on", so hopefully that will work. Will report back either tomorrow night or most likely Wednesday.

OK, compass works. :thumbsup_anim:

For the HUD, before I get the game on screen I get an error message that says:

"Addon ST_FTHud requires addon Extended_EventHandlers"....... any ideas?

Thanks.

Extended EventHandlers are part of the CBA addon mentioned in my earlier post. You need to have this running in your expansions for the FireTeam HUD to work.

Also one point to note, when you first spawn, the FireTeam HUD will NOT appear until you join a group with players in.

yep I had the same issue with the FT-Hud. It was not working.

However, make sure u have the CBA 0.2.0, u can download it from Sparta forum. Then be sure if you are using the in-game "expansion" settings, you have to have the CBA loading BEFORE the Hud mod.

Yesterday worked perfectly, and I have to say, when it works is a very nice add-on !! very nice :)

• 2 weeks later...

How do i make them work ..

Bigger --COMPAS

And the --HUD

I use win _7

do i make a new OA schortcut?.. ,Target line?.. , do i load it under armaII mods ..

,where do i put everything..,ect..( i tried some stuff didnt work out )

need full detail help please , if possible .

How do i make them work ..

Bigger --COMPAS

And the --HUD

I use win _7

do i make a new OA schortcut?.. ,Target line?.. , do i load it under armaII mods ..

,where do i put everything..,ect..( i tried some stuff didnt work out )

need full detail help please , if possible .

Ebe, for the bigger compass, just put the file down below in your root directory and then put -mod=#@at in the target line and you should be good.

@at.zip

Can someone check the downloads section, please? I tried to dl the CBA mod so I could get the HUD to work but the link appears to be corrupt: I get the download box on the screen but as soon as I hit "save" it craps out and I get an error message telling me explorer has stopped working. Was able to dl from a few other random sites so I'm guessing it's a Sparta specific issue?

Ok, still not working for me and I also couldn't get the latest patch from the Sparta dl. I had to get it from the mirrio site that was listed. So I can download files ok, just not from the Sparta DL section?

Doesn't make sense to me, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Bump,

Used the Fireteam HUD for the first time last night in CO-OP, and it's brilliant for knowing where your squad is and moving in formation.

If you haven't got it (you know who you are) then it's worth getting :thumbsup_anim:

• 6 months later...