Spartans Home

Domination CO test server

Zeno~SPARTA~

We are running a combined operations test server.

Password - dmr

Its the same as our normal public domination but has the following additional gear.

DMR*

M16A4 M203 ACOG

AH1Z Cobra

F35B

MV22

AV8 (LGB)

*The DMR does not have the pageup page down range adjustment

Please try it and report any unusual performance,

If all goes wel and if everyone is on board we can switch to the CO server

I was playing the server for about an hour, everything seemed alright. It's just weird shooting the DMR again after using the 110 in OA. It was like hanging out with an old friend again.

I don't know if you guys have this turned off, but the wrecks re-spawn right away and are not left on the map to be picked up. I think a few of us miss picking them up.

Not all weapons have dual sights. No weapons in Arma2 have them as far as I know. It is not something I can turn on and off.

Bonus vehicles do become wrecks that need picking up. The vehicles I have added respawn immediately, I can obviously take out my additions then you will have to earn them, and if you wreck them you will need to recover them.

I have been trying to like the CO, but honestly, the AI is ruining it for me. Their sight and sound ability is soo unbelievably good that if you fire off one round you mind as well just kill yourself cause the whole town will know where you are and the arty spotters will hit you even running on the back sides of hills.. It's really no fun with the AI like that.

The ammo box freezes up after a while, maybe one-to-many rifles. We could maybe dump the G36s and maybe lose the M16A4 M203 ACOG, since the M4A3 ACOG GL is pretty much the same, but with a better scope.

Founds some PKM mags. in the box.

I have been trying to like the CO, but honestly, the AI is ruining it for me. Their sight and sound ability is soo unbelievably good that if you fire off one round you mind as well just kill yourself cause the whole town will know where you are and the arty spotters will hit you even running on the back sides of hills.. It's really no fun with the AI like that.

Thought that's the point of the game. I thought they are supposed to be able to hear you and see you. You don't want them to be idiots like in BF2 do you?

I don't know about you but that's what makes this game wonderful is that you have to think and use tactics as if you were in a real firefight.

My sugestion to this issue is use this guide it will help immensely:

arma2_wip_ttp_tmb.png

Concerning the Ammo Box issue:

A couple points so that I might help;

Are you certain that the issue stems from having too much ammo or weapons? From my experience with Mission making and editing for Evolution and Domination having dynamic Ammo Boxes (where inventory is not static and inventory is tracked by client only not on server) this lag issue has to do with improper ammo links to weapons or ammo objects that are either non-existant or the classnames are wrong or deprecated (changed). If too many objects was the issue then I think that it would have to be that a few hundred objects would cause the issue then a mere 10-15 objects....that is unless classnames are incorrect as I'm getting to.

I can't see your .RPT logs from your server but those are usually the best place to look as they should include those errors of improper classnames. These I believe are produced backwards if I remember (or it was something else weird about reading the logs)

I've made various Evolution & Domination missions for ArmA and ACE1 and this was the usual issue for a glitched ammo box, especially in Domination. I've also noticed various issues with the recent domination having previous deprecated ammo classnames from ArmA 1 that were fixed in ArmA 2. Even with similar updated versions.

I'm also not sure if you are building off an older veriosn of Xeno's Domination for ArmA 2 and then updating it with your content as you go and not using his latest version and then making changes. He did recently come out with a version that was more Operation Arrowhead compatibile...are you using that or a version that was ported from ArmA 2 to OA?

The Ammo box is a bug that has been fixed in the latest beta patch. The more kit you add the higher the probabilty of a crash

I've tried the beta patch and the ammo box seems to be working fine, it seems smoother when getting in the box.

The only thing I found weird about the beta is scoped weapons, like the DMR and 110. The seem to be very jerky when shooting them. It seems like they increased the recoil on them, maybe all the weapons too. It's a noticeable difference and it makes sniping harder. I switch between the beta and regular and can see a difference. I'm think it might be a problem just in the beta version and it won't be in the regular patch.

Whenever i try and connect to the test server I receive a message that says that I am not able to play/edit the mission that downloadable content CAAIR2_MV22 is deleted. I had a buddy that JUST install ARMA2 OA log in and he received the same error.

Not sure what it is that we are missing but we can log in the public dom2 server with no issues.

Any ideas?

Whenever i try and connect to the test server I receive a message that says that I am not able to play/edit the mission that downloadable content CAAIR2_MV22 is deleted. I had a buddy that JUST install ARMA2 OA log in and he received the same error.

Not sure what it is that we are missing but we can log in the public dom2 server with no issues.

Any ideas?

MV22 is from regular ArmA2. Sounds like you are running only Operation Arrowhead, not Combined Operations (which is where OA is installed into the same directory as normal ArmA 2). Thus, you can't join the Combined Operations server since your game is only loading OA stuff.

MV22 is from regular ArmA2. Sounds like you are running only Operation Arrowhead, not Combined Operations (which is where OA is installed into the same directory as normal ArmA 2). Thus, you can't join the Combined Operations server since your game is only loading OA stuff.

I am playing the STEAM version of the game. I tweaked the way I start my CO and it seems to be responding well. I was spoiled with the in game expansion selection menu and reverted back to the startup line method for my MODS.

Thanks for the help

Tried it out with a couple guys and everything seemed to be working fine.

I was glad to see the choppers so we could check em out. Also with the viscious d30's we needed air/arty support to take out the d30 camps before we could even think about making our way into the AO.

Example - You sneak up onto a ridge, 1km or so from the AO, crawl over top and scope it out. Fire off a sniper shot, jav, whatever. Then as soon as you fired ONE shot, pick up and RUN to the back side of the hill and contine 100m+ down it. Still, the awesome d30's find and kill you while you are on the move. :help:

No biggie, there are usually plenty of people itching to make some big booms! Send up a spec op to paint a pretty picture before the assault. :)

Any ideas?

Yup this hapend to me

Download @SPARTA mod from downloads section and run in Expansios , This sorted it for me.

By mistake I started the cqb mission tonight, they all went were are the scoped weapons? They all stayed so I left it LOL.

Actually not having any Sniper rifle was very interesting.

It really forced the engage at shorter range.

I was happy at least the TWS scope was there :) I always have problem to see those bastards, so with the TWS I enjoy the action a bit more :)

It was also nice trying an AO approach with a convoy, having a Bradley, a Striker and an Humvee.

We drove for 20 minutes, then we got there and... 3 minutes later all of our vehicles were a pile of garbage and we were under heavy fire from all over the place :)

It was pretty cool anyway, I m pretty sure we made some mistake on our approach :)