Spartans Home

Sparta server is up

The server is back up and running

For now we have setup an Arma server with ACE and RHweps, it is currently running "War in Takistan" but also contains domination for Lingor, Fallujah and Duala, later we will bring another 2 servers online

TS3 is also up, it an old working copy that JHunter had so it may need some updating, but you will retain your levels from around February. Although the IP is different voice.legionofsparta.net and ts3.legionofsparta.net will both bring you to our TS. Admins will update missing channels and helmets as necessary.

Big thanks to JHunter again for helping sort this out for us.

I am sure there will be glitches but we will work diligently to resolve all problems and restore services.

Thanks for your patience, if nothing else you will have bookmarked the backup TS IP address.

As Zeno mentioned, this is a different IP address, but the DNS server has been updated to point to this new address. However, that being said, if your local machine or your ISP do any DNS caching, you may run into a problem while trying to connect via voice.legionofsparta.net or ts3.legionofsparta.net. If you try to use either of those and TS3 says it is unable to connect, you will have to use the IP address. Fatal_Papercut already ran into this issue, so this is a known fix.

That IP address is: 109.234.199.199

- JHunter

I was quickly testing something on a Takistani Domi:

Standard Ammobox I was not able to find the Vector nite batteries and any big backpack.

However, it has the small ruck. I found it a little buggy but it works. Honestly i think it works a bit more realistic than the big backpack too.

It s buggy, meaning it stays on the Secondary weapon slot, however you can load a secondary weapon before loading the ruck, then move the weapon on your back and get the ruck. After that you just have to move your secondary in hand, you will not see it, but it perfectly works.

About the ruck, I was able to load in it only 2 extra Metis rockets, which make sense. To access it, it s a bit buggy. Although it says "open bag", it doesn t open (I think is buggy due to the presence of secondary weapon) so you have to Drop the bag, open it, take the second metis rocket and put it in your inventory and then take the ruck back. A bit complicated, but being ACE, this sounds to me more realistic then the simplified backpack management we had so far.

The takistan mission on the server is a stock mission, as such it does not have the ace ammo box. ACE missions will all have ace in the name.

We have to rebuild the library of missions, this will take a bit of time

I need people to check their mpmission cache for the latest versions of the missions, people who played recently like Peter, noobiachi ebe Rolf etc may have quite a lot in their cache

here is the location for Windows 7 users (should be the same for vista), XP is a little different but I dont remember the location.

C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

If you have a lot of files let me know and I will sort out an FTP link for you.

all help is appreciated.

i zip all my cache mission in to one file and will upload it to FTP now

It will take some time and i will provide you with link

edit: link to compress file is in your PM box

Edited by peter~SPARTA~

Aww man but i was having so much "fun" on the public servers,i say pull the plug until Sunday. :MSNWINK:

Thanks Jhunter and Zeno! you guys should work for Sony.

Edit:

Im afraid i cant help with the mission cache,cause i reinstalled windows....so there's not alot in there right now.

Edited by EL_n00biachi

I have

ac_war_in_takistan122a_ace.Takistan.pbo
Domi_ACERHa_Fallujah.fallujah.pbo
Domi_ACERH_cam.Chernarus.pbo
Fallujah_Training.fallujah.pbo
Freedom%20of%20the%20Press.Zargabad.pbo
Insurgency0_72.Zargabad.pbo
Sparta_ACE_Tdomi_54c.Takistan.pbo
Sparta_ACE_Tdomi_54d.Takistan.pbo
Sparta_ACE_Tdomi_54e.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_29c_R.Zargabad.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_29_b_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_29_c_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54a_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54d_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54f_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54g_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54h_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54i_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54j_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54k_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54l_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54o_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54s_R.Takistan.pbo
SPARTA_Domi2_54_R.Chernarus.pbo
SPARTA_OAOPBDOM_O1a.Chernarus.pbo
SPARTA_TDomi2_54e_R.Takistan.pbo

If any of that is any use

Actually I could do with all of these

SPARTA_OAOPBDOM_O1a.Chernarus.pbo

SPARTA_TDomi2_54e_R.Takistan.pbo

SPARTA_Domi2_54_R.Chernarus.pbo

Sparta_ACE_Tdomi_54e.Takistan.pbo

SPARTA_Domi2_29c_R.Zargabad.pbo

Dont want to lose opfor bigdom, its part of our group treasures.