Spartans Home

Tac Dom using ACE wounds

Zeno~SPARTA~

JHunter and I have ported the wounds version of Domination from takistan to Fallujah, we have modified the domination to give us more flexibility in main AO and side mission placement.

ACE wounds should slow the game down as when you are hit you are unconcious for up to 5 minutes or until you have been healed. The healing process is long and exposes your team mates and the medic to danger so try to stay together.

The mission is available on the ACE and TAC ACE server, it does not have RHWeapons.

It is called

Domi_TACEWa_Fallujah.fallujah

Tactical

Advanced

Combat

Environment

Wounds

"a" version

Feel free to try it

The password for the TAC ACE server has changed, check the TS TAC channels for the new one.

Z

I don t know much about the Wound system in ACE, but I know enough about how the AI is able to perform "miracolous" hits from incredible distance and or other good unexpected performances.

Sometimes it is frustrating already just having to wait for a teammate to get there to revive... are you sure the adoption of this "feature' will make the game enjoyable better than more and more frustrating?

5 minutes unconscious... really? .. I do agre about the TAC aspect of these specific environment, but ARMA AI has so many flaws.. this "realism" maybe too much for this game...

Just an opinion...

Sound like a great addition. Hopefully it'll still be there when my PC is back up. Hopefully it'll help slow down the game and reduce the amount of Rambos out there. Should be a great tool to teach people to fire first, then revive. Talked a little with Frenchie about it the other day. So many people are so quick to rush out into a danger zone to drag or revive their buddy that they end up becoming casualties themselves. Return fire, eliminate the enemy, that's mission number one in combat. Once it's safe, then go and help your buddy.

Thats my two cents anyhow.

I cant believe that a community that puts its face on PCgamer.com as a tactical clan blahblah kills every idea to make it more tactical at a basic level.

...dont forget this is only for the TACDom server not for all the Black Ops arcade servers...you can start it up on the ACE server if you want.

I cant believe that a community that puts its face on PCgamer.com as a tactical clan blahblah kills every idea to make it more tactical at a basic level.

...dont forget this is only for the TACDom server not for all the Black Ops arcade servers...you can start it up on the ACE server if you want.

Given the change was already made to the file by Zeno, and the only post in this thread is one person's opinion (and not a full rejection either but speculation), I'm confused why you characterize the entire community blahblah as one that kills every idea.

And we are not a clan, but a gaming community. Some people play tactical. Some don't. Respect either.

Hold on guys Batwing is only voicing a concern that we had as well.

The principal objective of Tac Dom was to achieve the objective with no casualties. When we achieved this it was a lasting pleasure unlike the instant gratification of normal dom. If you treasure your life you will be more careful.

Because of the need for medical supplies the medic role takes on a new importance, he has to be a medic, not a sniper/assaulter/AT. It takes bandages, epinephrine morpine and med kits to fully restore someones health, a full revive probably weighs a kilo in supplies, the medic needs a secure perimeter (especially in Fallujah where the enemy converge on you and pop out from every corner) that requires squad mates to cover the revive, which takes about a minute. Everyone has a couple of medical items

The 5 minutes is the time you have to wait to respawn, but if you have to respawn either everyone is dead or you are too far a way from the main group.

A lot of the work done on this domination was to make it more easily portable to new islands, especially the side missions (Good job JHunter). There are currently less than 10 side missions but we will build this up over time.

Remember this is for Tac Dom I might give it a try this weekend.

If it turns out to be shit the Side mission work will still be valuable for future projects.

You may have noticed that all the doms feature the return of Durka's graphics, its a small feature but I like it.

One of the things I like about playing Arma on SPARTA servers is that I know there will always be something new to try out. Just when I had reached the point where I was burned out on Domination, we started running more Tac Missions. Yes, it takes a bit of work on the player's part to install new things and to get up to speed on how those things work, and I feel the effort is worthwhile. And I can't claim to be a fan of every new thing that we try--but at least we're trying. I was once a member of a group that fell apart simply because, as a whole, we were unable to adapt to change.

If SPARTA occasionally plays a flavor of Arma that I'm not particularly fond of, I know that somewhere down the road we'll probably adopt something that I'll go bonkers over. Furthermore, I have a crap-load of other games that I can play to keep myself involved with my friends here at SPARTA--the only reason I've given even the slightest consideration to purchasing Minecraft is due to the fact that I think it would be fun to get a first-hand perspective of my friends as they go about the business of shaping their own little world. I would be content to act as a worker bee, carrying blocks for them as they build their Towers of Babel (or Towers of Butt-hole, as is sometimes the case).

Finally, I think it needs to be said that, if you'd like to see something done or adopted here, I don't think that anyone is going to stop you from pushing forward with any projects you'd like to see come to fruition, so long as you are willing to do the work and make it happen. You'd probably only need ask to have a channel created in TeamSpeak to further your efforts. When it comes to my recent projects, such as the Arma videos and the podcast, the only thing that initially held me back was my own laziness when it came to getting organized. Once I got past that hurdle and took on the responsibility of making it happen, everyone here was very supportive and helpful. Hell, I'll bet that if I decided I wanted to start up a group to play the Hello Kitty MMO, I could do it if I were persistent enough; it's not any crazier than some of the other stuff you guys do around here. :)

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

I don t know much about the Wound system in ACE, but I know enough about how the AI is able to perform "miracolous" hits from incredible distance and or other good unexpected performances.

Sometimes it is frustrating already just having to wait for a teammate to get there to revive... are you sure the adoption of this "feature' will make the game enjoyable better than more and more frustrating?

5 minutes unconscious... really? .. I do agre about the TAC aspect of these specific environment, but ARMA AI has so many flaws.. this "realism" maybe too much for this game...

Bat, I think it will be ok mate and what I like about it is it will slow you down and make you play more carefully and also hopefully respect the value of the Medic and your teammates more bcoz you really will put their lives at greater risk if you are not careful.

Personally, I dont think the AI are too good although they make miraculous kills on occasion.

I think this will be an improvement to the game and is definitely worth a try at least.

Also, I have always hated the magical healing pills or stamina meters that magically recharge, and while the Revive is better then those systems - it is still in effect a magic heal. I think giving the Medic a truly dedicated role is fantastic for our game.

so thankyou JHunter and Zeno for adding yet another dimension. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Well, as Zeno pointed out, mine was just a concern and I stated I don t know much of this addition.

From being concerned to become a "hater" it s a long trip I guess :)

Infact I am now very curious to see this Mod in action and I can t wait to test it on a real TAC Operation and I am pretty sure all of my concerns will vanish.

Also, besides dying, I am not too much involved in this, because I will never be a Medic :) I can t stand needls !

Don't worry about it, Batwing. I am equally skeptical about the wounds system. It will be trial by fire. Some will like it, others will not.

Either way it goes, there should NOT be any labels or names thrown about merely based on someone's opinion. They're not asking you to change your own opinion, just please respect theirs.

- JHunter