Spartans Home

Climbing a 1786 ft. Tower

MH6~SPARTA~

Watching this video I couldn't help but notice that he only clipped on on while taking a break..... EFFFFFF that! I would be clipping on every 3rd rung.

Damn that was intense to watch, I need to do a shot and have a smoke..............

If you watch carefully, at the very top he lets go with both hands to clip in his safety line.

Oh yes, I saw.

Now think about it. He's a little under 2000 feet up. Anyone who has ever been in a small plane at 2000 feet knows how insanely windy it can be--it can toss the plane around like nothing.

Now imagine if a particularly strong gust of wind hit that guy as he was just...standing there--atop a 1786 foot tower, on a platform almost no wider than his shoulders.

Oh yes, I saw.

Now think about it. He's a little under 2000 feet up. Anyone who has ever been in a small plane at 2000 feet knows how insanely windy it can be--it can toss the plane around like nothing.

Now imagine if a particularly strong gust of wind hit that guy as he was just...standing there--atop a 1786 foot tower, on a platform almost no wider than his shoulders.

Exactly. It's not the holding on that gets ya, it's the sudden gusts of wind. It didn't look like that tower moved very much, though, but anyone who's been in a structure similar to that knows they sway and twist all the time. Even in a skyscraper. Now think about the strength needed to hold on as well. I wonder how they train new recruits?

I never appreciated how brave my girl is - she climbs a structure like that when she wants to get on top and she doesn't use any safety harnesses. :thumbsup_anim:

There really is know need for this kind of filth in these here forums, unless you post pictures. Of your girl NOT YOU.

• 5 weeks later...

this video created a huge ruckus in the tower industry with these guys Free Climbing, which is a huge no-no

Holy Balls.

http://www.break.com...1786-tall-tower

They have some.

Job sure as hell better pay well.

How the hell do they even build a tower like that I wonder.

Watching this video I couldn't help but notice that he only clipped on on while taking a break..... EFFFFFF that! I would be clipping on every 3rd rung.

Damn that was intense to watch, I need to do a shot and have a smoke..............

2nd that

i'd have 5 pts of contact all the way up.

thing that wigged me out was the guy looking down alot, almost seemed like he was going to miss that next grab.

Let me know when the video stops so I can open my eyes.

Edited by SirSmokalot

Actually,

when I was still working, we had to have a double lanyard on our safety gear. You had to be 100% tied off at all times when climbing. So you go 2 feet move lower hook, move 2 more feet and move lower hook, repeat until your up to needed height. Just climbing a 30ft wall panel was tiring. I wouldn't want to have to climb 100+ feet at 100% tie off.

from 2001 to just a few months ago I working in construction down here in Florida, worked on small offices to 20+ story Condo's. Concrete Form Work

I also found panics video more disturbing, those guys are just morons and they most likely did not have permission to be up there.

Edited by Donziboy2