Spartans Home

WE REMEMBER

Halli~SPARTA~

I was at my mums hospital when I saw the second plane hit the tower on TV. I had worked across the street from the towers till 98. A good friend and old work colleague who was walking to work in lower manhattan when the plane flew over his head, he thought it was a missile. I tried to phone him when I saw the crash, there was no answer. The network was jammed and no more calls were going through. A mutual acquaintance of ours, who I had met earlier in 2000, had an office in one of the towers, he didnt make it. My mum died 2 months later, I havent forgotten.

Yes I remember my wife calling and waking me up to tell me a plane had struck the WTC I flipped on the TV and the second one hit......Then the pentagon was attacked and It confirmed what the second plane had already told me that it was deliberate and I got mad (I was deployed overseas back in "93 when the bomb exploded in the basement as such We didn't get very much news on it other than a teletype(which we got daily)with world news so we didn't know how bad it was). This time I was here and I like many people, was ready to go to war with whomever committed this atrocity with whatever means necessary. It told US that we weren't invulnerable and for a time We were united as a nation, but now 7 years has passed and to some it is now but a fleeting thought if that and no longer a rallying cry.

Heard on the radio about 'an accident' just got to my Mum's with my lil brother to watch the second one hit, remember feeling numb and that those responsible will have to pay.

I was Superviser of the service/warranty dept at American Lafrance Medic Master, working on a Fairfax county ambulance at the time the first plane hitt. Dident see it untill I got home that night on the tv. But the crash trucks from washington national airport put out the fire at the pentgon, and saw some fairfax county ambulances on the sceen at the pentgon on tv. I told the wife, "hey I worked on that truck" that was at the pentgon. It had been in the shop 2 weeks before. Cool!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

That is one thing about 9/11 it affected many Nations as they had Citizens working in the WTC, Not just the USA but it just happened to be next to the Oklahoma City Bombing, the Worst deliberate attack against US on our own soil.

That is one thing about 9/11 it affected many Nations as they had Citizens working in the WTC, Not just the USA but it just happened to be next to the Oklahoma City Bombing, the Worst deliberate attack against US on our own soil.

Well, not to start a debate, but I think Pearl Harbor trumps them both. But from a modern perspective, 9/11 is the worst for today's four generations of U.S. citizens in majority.

Well, not to start a debate, but I think Pearl Harbor trumps them both. But from a modern perspective, 9/11 is the worst for today's four generations of U.S. citizens in majority.

You are right about that medic but, I am referring to North American soil and in yours and my lifetime. Pearl Harbor is after all what forced our hand to get involved in WWII full bore. My father-in-law fought in Europe from "43-"45 sadly he is no longer with us but it is cool to look through his memorabilia. He always told me "I am glad you went to the Navy, would have rather you joined the Air Force but the Navy is the next best thing." He always alluded to the morning of D-Day as they were getting their last hot meal before they prepared to board their landing craft, He always laughed about it but said the Sailors were yelling at them "You all had better enjoy it you SOB's cause your gonna die on that beach head today!!!". I heard him reference to that numerous times when I would be home on leave. He never talked about the rest of his experiences though, and I never pressed him about them. And not to take anything away from our generations but I still think that theirs was "the Greatest Generation".

Salute Brother!!

You are right about that medic but, I am referring to North American soil and in yours and my lifetime. Pearl Harbor is after all what forced our hand to get involved in WWII full bore. My father-in-law fought in Europe from "43-"45 sadly he is no longer with us but it is cool to look through his memorabilia. He always told me "I am glad you went to the Navy, would have rather you joined the Air Force but the Navy is the next best thing." He always alluded to the morning of D-Day as they were getting their last hot meal before they prepared to board their landing craft, He always laughed about it but said the Sailors were yelling at them "You all had better enjoy it you SOB's cause your gonna die on that beach head today!!!". I heard him reference to that numerous times when I would be home on leave. He never talked about the rest of his experiences though, and I never pressed him about them. And not to take anything away from our generations but I still think that theirs was "the Greatest Generation".

Salute Brother!!

Yeah man, you said it all.

A friend of mine told me something interesting the other day. He said that right after the attacks on 9/11 the Japanese Government called Osama Bin Laden and asked him, "What the fuck were you thinking?!??"

;)

Yeah man, you said it all.

A friend of mine told me something interesting the other day. He said that right after the attacks on 9/11 the Japanese Government called Osama Bin Laden and asked him, "What the fuck were you thinking?!??"

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JF7KDpqpsE

:worshippy: