Spartans Home

The next TRUE Ghost Recon ?

DaiSan

This should be exciting news for ANYONE who misses the Original Ghost Recon and an intriguing project.

Be sure to head over Here and register on the forums.

I will certainly be keeping a close eye on this ones progress :thumbsup_anim:

I'm really going to be pushing for SPARTA to get behind this project.

This is just what we all keep hoping for, a PC driven title, built around Co-op and heavily CQB orientated.

A couple of quotes from the Ghostrecon.net Interview.

Do you think that a tactical gaming void has developed over the last few years?

Definitely. Obviously games like Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six have focused on a new audience since their inception. While I am extremely proud of the work that I and the teammates I worked with did on those games, they have strayed from their original direction. And that is fine. The new direction of R6: Patriots looks very cool, looking to replicate that ?24? experience, which is exciting, but doesn?t look to satisfy my itch for an open-ended, objective oriented, tense, challenging experience. That doesn?t mean that it will be a bad game, just a different game. Uncharted is a great game, but obviously fills a different role.

On the other end of the spectrum we have the big, open, war simulators with huge environments and vehicles, etc. And those are cool too, especially as the technology is often used to build simulators for the military to help train our troops in a safe way. But I miss the days of Rogue Spear and SWAT 4, silently creeping down the hallway, knowing that if I don?t slice the pie correctly on this doorway, I might catch a bullet in the head. Hell, even if I do everything right, I still might take a bullet in the head.

I miss the days of being the last guy on my team, knowing that three others are out there, hunting my ass, waiting to drop me as soon as I screw up. It was awesome.

Which gametypes are you planning, is co-op a big part of your plans or is team v team the main focus?

I?ve never worked on a game that DIDN?T have co-op, and I don?t think I ever will. Co-op is the great equalizer, and allows people to bring their friends into the experience in a positive manner.

One of the great things I learned working on games with a co-op focus, is that if you build a compelling co-op experience, the rest follows. Setting up the systems for co-op naturally builds your infrastructure for adversarial and single player.

As far as specific modes of play, we?ll see what the community wants. One thing I learned from Ghost Recon (and Halo for that matter) is that people want control over the types of modes that they get, so it?s a great return on your investment as a developer to give them that opportunity.

Plus I don?t really want a repeat of all the flak I got over changes to Siege in Ghost Recon.

Read the full Interview Here

Come on guy's, don't let me down.

I'm hoping SPARTA can be a big voice early on and help develop this game into what people here say they want, A realistic, Tactical, Co-op based FPS that's fully moddable and community based.

I'm not saying people have to go and pledge money on Kickstart, but at least show some interest here and go and register on the forum.

I do apologize guys..

reading a bit of the info here and there i see all of this as a great opportunity but at this moment is barely at the "discussion" state.

Sure, without an "idea" nothing would be out there but I guess all of us saw tons of great ideas just desappearing after years of "project state". In my opinion is way too early to attempt any support to this guys.

Is not the clicks or the "ongoing discussion" on a forum that makes a softwarehouse credibility. Unfortunately that business works in a different way.

It will take years for this guys to get anywhere. Just as an example, Mechwarrior "5" project had been in the clouds for over 5 years.. something popped out 1,5 yrs ago with an amazing Video.. but there was nothing behind it. got lost again..

Now after almost 2 years they are pushing for MechWarrior online, but.. there is not Beta outthere.. so not much to make you think that game will pop up any time soon. I hope so for sure.

This is just an example. These GR guys have nothing other than an open table discussion. I will check back with them in 1 year, just to see if they still exist.

Registered and will pledge some cash as soon as I can. Best potential gaming news I've heard in I don't know how long, really do believe if anyone can bring us a true OGR replacement it will be someone like Serellan.

:allgood: :banana_dance: :thumbsup_anim:

Donated some dough to those guys, hope they get all the support they need to make a great game.

@Batwing

That Mechwarrior video from over a year ago was just a sales pitch for a publisher, and no one was interested. I really think this project has a real chance to become reality.

Edited by Sarrok

Batty I look at this in a different light. This guy is dedicated to creating a PC Tactical shooter, not a port. He has a track record. I want to encourage him to continue in this direction. If I look at this from a standard business perspective I should sell my PC and use consoles to play since that is where business will take the FPS. I am not happy with this direction so where possible I want to influence the direction I do desire. It may indeed come to nothing but its still worth supporting.