Spartans Home

Something that we can all tip our glasses to....

Steel~Sparta~

Here at Sparta we celebrate games but many of us have lives that take presidence in real life. One of the things that I love about this place is that family is first for many of our members and that is never anything that is looked down on.

Today a great thing has happened that I wish to share with you. Many months ago I embarked on a journey to get residental custody of my daughter Rebekah. I did this not for me but because my daughter wants it. It has been a long and expensive road. It is not one that I regret persuing, not even for a second. Today I recieved in the mail a Court order (signed by the judge and everything) granting joint custody of my daughter with primary phyiscal residance with me.

Rebekah is coming home to stay this Christmas.

Please lift your glasses (filled with your favorite beverage of choice) in celebration of my daughters' homecoming. She has waited for this day for 3 years and now, finally, it is going to happen.

:banana_dance:

congratulations. having been down the same road with my two sons, i can tell you it was worth it. One thing I did, that really helped my kids, was to take the conflict out of the equation. I never said anything bad about their mother in their presence. I hired a parenting coordinator and ALL changes to the custody schedule, vacations, etc had to go through her. None of the usual bs could occur where the kids serve as a battleground for the adults. This prevents last minute changes from causing stress. Also, when the mother would plant ideas in the kids heads, I would not be the bad guy for saying no. The parenting coordinator was the arbiter and she prevented this kind of nonsense, stress and bad feelings.