Spartans Home

Questions about BF3 Unlocks

Batwing~SPARTA~

I am quite a noobie for this kind of games :) getting a bit of unlocks very slowly but it seems I can t use them.

I am actually playing as Engineer and I am hiding myself inside a solid Tank :) I got the Coax MG unlock for primary weapon and I got a Better Zoom unlock for secondary weapon.

Neither one seems working or maybe I don t know how activate them :) I didn t find any way to 'activate" them either.

I got the unlocks while playing in M1 Abrams, then I tried when switcherd team and I was in T-90. I suppose the unlock is valid both sides but I don t have a MG on my cannon neither I can Zoom 3x on the Secondary.

Any idea or suggestions?

The unlocks are there on my profile page and I own them.

EDIT

Perhaps I got the solution. I am at the office and I can t try it yet. For some 'obvious" reason I was assuming the simplest thing in the universe, such as, LMB fires Cannon, RMB fires MG, but is not like that. It is possible the LMG is labelled as Second weapon clicking 2, then fired with LMB anyway.

It seems RMB cannot be binded to fire the LMG because it works to switch optics...

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

You can add these unlocks to your load out when you're down or between matches (or is it just between matches?). Haven't played since the beta so don't really remember details. As for their use, many are specific to a weapon which is, of course, specific to the side you're playing on. So, you won't use all unlocks on both sides.

I don t think the vehicle unlocks have to be activated on my loadout. I tried because i thought that too, but when I look for any perks or extra stuff to activate, there is nothing. So it just should be on the Tank when I jump in, as an automatic thing.

These specific unlocks are not like the optics for a rifle or the choice between Mines or ATs, which need to be activated on the loadout.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

I don t think the vehicle unlocks have to be activated on my loadout. I tried because i thought that too, but when I look for any perks or extra stuff to activate, there is nothing. So it just should be on the Tank when I jump in, as an automatic thing.

These specific unlocks are not like the optics for a rifle or the choice between Mines or ATs, which need to be activated on the loadout.

Ah, I misread. Whoops. I personally haven't even been in a BF3 vehicle yet, so wouldn't know how to help.

Batwing-there is a sub-menu when looking at loadouts for your regular kits then land and air. Select land, and it should show the relevant categories for your map. Also-unlocks might be specific to each vehicle and each side, same as weapon unlocks. Not sure.

However, once there you'd click over for each perk or gadget the same as for your character. The keys seem to vary a little, but it's starting to make sense. Example-once you have unlocked and equipped the tank zoom, it's the same as optical zoom: RMB. Your coax is like a second weapon. click 2 or F to switch. This is different from BC2, (or was it in BF2?) where you could both fire the main gun and coax simultaneously.

10 minutes of digging for change in my locker at work = +$4.50 (still getting paid)

2 20 oz. bottles of Dr. Pepper with BF3 promo = -$3.00

Hello Kitty dog tag shows up when I kill some noob = Priceless

1YyaG.png

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Anyone else seen this?

- JHunter

Yep. Just about every weapon, that has unlocks, has a "Dice employee" extra. I just got the SCAR-H for engineer class and that has a 12x scope for Dice guys.

Also read on another forum that only scopes over 4x magnification have scope glint. Useful to know, if it's correct, anyone else read / know of this?

Scope glint? If you mean scope-drift, I saw that on one of the text-hints in between maps. Only higher power scopes have the drift, which I suspect also means that only higher power scopes are steadied with default L Shift.

No, glint as in reflection off the scope lens, giving away position: A snipers nightmare. The post I read suggest this only happens with scopes over 4x mag, hence the poster was equiping his M110 with ACOG only. Useful trick if it's correct.

^ it's true but i hate the acog :P wouldn't want to use a 4x scope or less when sniping though.

i'll just grab the scope info from battlelog

Scope reflection

Ballistic 12x

rifle scope (x6)

pks-07 (7x)

No reflection

reflex (rds)

holo

acog (4x)

m145 (3.4x)

kobrs rds

pka-s holo