Spartans Home

New Toy

talking about new toys i was out at my friends house and he pulled out his new 223 with its new scope..and ooooooh boy!!!!! Drewl..well anyway he lives in the hills so he has his very own shooting range targets are from 100 to 500 yards...for me this is a challenge since i have not fired a weapon in two years LOL RIght..........well to suprize my friend i hit every target on the first and second shot.... and the targets are man size Go Figure.and lol being drunk and trying to hit targets Is WOW hard..

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

Welcome to the M&P club. I've had the same pistol for about a year now and it is amazing. Enjoy that bad boy. Mine shoots MPC Bronze quite well. I have also shot Federal HydraShock and Federal HST through it without problems.

A tip though, for me, the slightly higher tang (than the glock and 1911) was difficult to get used to and I had to shoot a lot of rounds to retrain myself. Not that I am comfortable with it, it's a dream.

Just so you don't think I am messing with ya...

Yeah, this is the same video I posted in Durka's SHTF/Bugout post. But it's proof!

Welcome to the M&P club. I've had the same pistol for about a year now and it is amazing. Enjoy that bad boy. Mine shoots MPC Bronze quite well. I have also shot Federal HydraShock and Federal HST through it without problems.

A tip though, for me, the slightly higher tang (than the glock and 1911) was difficult to get used to and I had to shoot a lot of rounds to retrain myself. Not that I am comfortable with it, it's a dream.

Just so you don't think I am messing with ya...

Yeah, this is the same video I posted in Durka's SHTF/Bugout post. But it's proof!

I have federal hydrashock's in the clips for home defense now. Just have to go back and get a digital keypad safe (no messing with key's). With any pistol, especially a new make or model, it takes time and repetition to get used to. My wife was plinking targets within minutes and I very much happy with the .40 i chose. It has knock down power and my wife is comfortable handling it. We went out to the range a month ago and she could barely keep the .45 ACP steady let alone accurately fire it. Ill need more time before I swear by the 40 S&W. For now though, things are looking good.

The other thing about this pistol, is that it is sort of a two in one. It comes with the .40 S&W barrel but it can be swapped out with a .357 barrel. The mags will hold both rounds because the chambering is the same for both the .40 and the .357.

The other thing about this pistol, is that it is sort of a two in one. It comes with the .40 S&W barrel but it can be swapped out with a .357 barrel. The mags will hold both rounds because the chambering is the same for both the .40 and the .357.

Interesting, I was not aware of this.

I know the pain of those across the pond having lived the majority of my life in New York; the land where the 2nd amendment doesn't exist. However, now that I live in Texas I felt it was only customary to buy a pistol with a child on the way. I think I might start a tradition.

Also, I still can't believe I never looked into getting a drop in barrel for 357 sig ammo. I knew it was possible just never even thought about it. My only complaint on the piece so far is the tool to break it down is a pain in the ass to get out of the grip since its still new and tight. Once opened, the thing is easy as pie to clean and oil.

Edited by Yankee~SPARTA~

Excuse ignorance whats the advantage of a different barrel size, cheaper ammo?

Not necessarily cheaper, but it's nice to have different barrels in case your current ammo becomes unavailable. That, and if you want more or less power depending on what you are shooting. The more modable/flexible a weapon is, the better because instead of replacing an entire gun, you're just replacing parts.

Excuse ignorance whats the advantage of a different barrel size, cheaper ammo?

The 357 sig and 40 S&W rounds are different. The 357 sig typically has better penetration and is louder than the 40. However, the 357 sig ammo is not as widely available as the 40 ammo so tends to be a bit more pricey. I think the ability to field change a barrel just adds to the fun factor in this case and not necessarily the practical factor.

My Dad still has two .22 rifles and 6 shotguns, He has his own land to shoot the rifles on and runs the odd clay shoot (sometimes for the local constabulary).

I gave up my shotgun licence cos I got bored with rough shooting and I can't stand shooting clays. I'd like a rifle for target shooting but I don't have a good enough reason (under the law) to own one a clubs out of the question I don't have the money.