Spartans Home

Island Lingor Domination server (combined ops)

Zeno~SPARTA~

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The server is on V1.0 and will probably stay that way.

I have made a few more changes.

The author of this domination port put a lot of vehicles (air and land) because he didnt add a respawn script for them.

I have added that script as well as a time respawn for the base ATV's.

I reduced the number of humvees and got rid of the 6 MLRS's, There are now only 2 fighter bombers and 3 attack helos.

2 hangars now each contain a warrior, M1A2 tusk, AAVP and an LAV25, the lift list has been vastly expanded (including the aavp).

I of course added an easter egg and a few Armoured SUV's.

If you need anything more please let me know

Looks like when the game has not started yet the server simply doesnt appear in the browser,thats when i connect with the "remote" connection feature and manually connect>start the game and then it does show in the browser....not a real big problem,but if others have the same "problem" they might think the server isnt there.

I have today replaced the insurgency server with an ACE version of Lingor Domination for a trial run.I have not made any changes to this map yet

Now your talkin, pity I'm out tonight

About something you should do on Lingor (if possible) when you have time:

Limit the Artillery

Actually too many players have artillery options and is a feast of rain of fire. Furthermore, the scenario is not too big, so abusing artillery really change the experience dramatically.

As for other Doms, i think Only Commanders should have the artillery and drops options.

Something else I noticed on the non-ace version is about piloting.

Although we set everyone can pilot, only pilots can fly transport choppers (lifters), while everyone can fly attach chopper.

You may wanna check this because bit doesnt make too much sense.

Thank you as usual.

With much appreciated help. I have Langor up and running.

Messed around with the editor and really enjoyed what I saw.

Reminds me of Joint Operations (these are much better graphics)

which I played non-stop for a few years.

Thanks again for the help.

See ya's soon

Denny

thx for all the work :graduated:

if i coud help i woud ,but i can't ..

(need to learn and that takes more time then do it yourself i gues ..

Enough said just wanted to thank you and many other for all the WORK. :winner_first:

Cheers for your efforts on making Lingor a better place for everyone Zeno, much appreciated! I've got one request to ask of you if you have the time: Could we have more boats on the map please?

My thinking is that there are three assault craft south west of the player's base, the amount of time it takes to sail one of these to various water-crossing points in the north of the island discourages their usage. In some of the games i've played, although there have been a few water crossings attempted to assault AOs, we have usually just used the MHQ to cross the water. As it's normally the sole vehicle to cross, it's more likely to get blown up quickly being the sole target on the other side.

By adding a few more re-spawnable boats, whether they be of the dingy or assault craft variety and prepositiong them near likely crossing points then we could conduct more water crossings without putting the MHQ in danger. Unlike with some other vehicles, assault craft cannot make a big dent on AOs and so adding more boats wouldn't take away from the infantry-focussed approach. Although we could use a couple of other amphibious vehicles to ferry troops across instead of using boats to do so, the boats would add a little variety to the assault.

Edited by Rolf