Spartans Home

Island Lingor Domination server (combined ops)

Zeno~SPARTA~

Per your request I have turned off the Ace 1.7 server and created a Lingor Island server

The password is

tiger

Joining the server requires the following mods

@lingor

@brgafrica

@ibrplants

@mbgbuildings

The mods were poorly setup, so I have fixed them and am sending them up to the download server.

Lingor mods

I have always been happy to help but you guys have to figure this out on your own, as a gamer I like mods, but as an admin I loathe them because invariably they create a lot of questions most of which will come my way, please try to help each other.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply download the Lingor mods using the link provided by Zeno and extract them in your main arma 2 folder.

Make a copy of your Arma2 combined ops shortcut and rename that to fe "ArmA2COLingor" and right click on it and select properties,go to the target line and add @lingor @ibrplants @mbgbuildings @brgafrica to the mods your using,for example my target line looks like this.

If your not using the @CBA2.0,sthud,Digital compass or the AceX soundmod then disregard those mods in my target line.

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@CBA2.0;@ACEX_SM;@sthud;@DC;@brgafrica;@ibrplants;@lingor;@mbgbuildings -nosplash

Hope this helps,somewhat.

Then why can I fly a helo as a medic in every other server I've been on?

Because someone altered Domination so you could, this does involve a fair bit of work.

Yoshi I imagine its one of the parameters. just login as admin (or vote yourself admin), type #missions in the chat box. select the Lingor mission. The click on parameters and look for "only pilots can fly" or something like that.

This is what I have just done.

I will change the ammo box at some point, so I can change the default parameter then.

When I make changes to the lingor domi map is there anything else anyone would like me to do

not sure how the dom is now - but id like to see less armor - a few bmps and the like - but nothing too heavy.

that enemy mig would be cool to see flying around.

note - there is a version 1.1 to be released shortly with an extra island to the NE - not too big but would make for another AO only accessible by sea or air.

not sure how the dom is now - but id like to see less armor - a few bmps and the like - but nothing too heavy.

that enemy mig would be cool to see flying around.

note - there is a version 1.1 to be released shortly with an extra island to the NE - not too big but would make for another AO only accessible by sea or air.

Noooooooooo not less armor!! we are all pretty good players...the AO's are kinda small already....plus what we have on the base is waaaaay too powerfull ,2 A10s 2 F35s 6!!!MLRS'...etcetc...

I would just like to draw everyones attention back to Zeno's first post. Please don't expect too much to be changed on this island as it was put on as a request and Zeno is busy enough as it is.

Il have a go in the weekend ,if i have the time..

ive seen you playing Yoshi all by yourself for a couple off days now ,

catch you soon and then lets rock :winner_first:

I've just put a clean install of Windows 7 on my computer, so I don't have any games installed yet.

As soon as I've got ArmA2 and OA reinstalled and up to date I would love to join you guys on the Lingor map. It looks lovely!

BTW, that 1.1 version has some good changes in it - for example, he's lowered the noise from the rain a little bit!

While we're talking about the new map, has anyone tried flying the blackhawk yet?

I don't know if there was a glitch just for me, or if it's something to do with the map. The tilt-meter in it (can't recall what it's actually called) seems to be off. When I put it at level, the chopper moved backwards. To keep the chopper from moving at all, I had to have the indicator almost a full notch below level. Anyone else noticed this?

I didn t fly it yet. Just noticed the default settings on Map set Fly Pilots Only. It can be modified, but we didn t bother to do it while we were playing the map yesterday.

I ll check it next time and I will let you know.

However if you are talking just of the visual instrument in cockpit (artificial horizon) which should tell you if your nose is going up or down, I never felt it was working fine in any Arma version, plus sometimes is just unreadable because they made the reflection when you fly vs Sun so bright u cant see any instrument in cockpit.

I mean, flying in Arma is fun and quite necessary to cover long distances in short time, but is far away from a "flight sim" experience...