Spartans Home

ACE 2 server Update V1.1 Saturday May 15

Zeno~SPARTA~

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some some reason the two files you told me to modify, zeno, are showing up inside zip files and i therefore cannot modify them. Also it says my key is outdated. Any suggestions? i can still play just fine.

Edited by Yankee~SPARTA~

Hi Yankee,

If you refer to those files in a zip called Userconfig,

You have to open that Zip, you ll see a folder inside called Userconfig and you have to explode that into the main Arma2 root ( where you see all of yours @ace folders)

Once you have thhat new folder useconfig, open it, get inside and you will find the files I guess Zeno told you to modify. Complete your modification, save and you should be all set.

IF YOU ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THOSE FILES... lol.. I just wrote a useless post .. hehehe

See ya :)

Got it ip and running last night, thanks for hosting the files Zeno. Most everyone with problems are due to overwriting files or forgetting their userconfig updates.

BTW, I'm seeing a trend of the BFBC2 guys heading back to Arma.

Yes, BC2 is about chasing unlocks. Most of us have those unlocks. Despite the destructive element, the maps are also growing tedious. We all knew this would happen, but it's been a fun charge for the last couple months. In other news, I've had a look as a beta tester of PR-ARMA2. Even though it's PvP, it'll fit well here when released (I have no idea, BTW, it'll be some time still), especially with the British-military focus. ACE2 for now...

Yeah, I had that issue last night. I grabbed an ATV and tried to drive in close to the side mission.. only to be raped and pilaged and sold to the gypsies by some random villagers. EMT spent countless hours forming an insertion team and driving back the gypsies to recover my barely breathing body.

Ace version 349

Acex version 231

ACEX_PLA version 19

CBA v0-3-1-96

is the ACEX_PLA necessary?

I need some help cuz i have no clue how to fix it.

I can play Ace but i don't have earplugs and glasses option.

I did download @ACE again, extract userconfig , edit name in config file but it does not work

Like file is not read by ACE mode. I did delete userconfig file from my arma folder and nothing change.

I'm able to log in to game but still no earplugs.

my ace_clientside_config.hpp is in

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp is

my @ACE

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@ACE

My in game name match my profile

Where i did mistake?

I checked the server and you tried joining as PETER and as peter-sparta.

Stick with PETER, the tags are added by the game.

Make sure you are editing the part that is not commented out (doesnt have // in front of it).

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

//CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - Changeable glasses ingame

//--------------------

//FEATURES: Lets you choose different glasses

//---------

//TO ENABLE: Please ADD your Player Profile Name

//----------

//EXAMPLE:

//--------

//class Identity

//{

// name = "John Doe";

//};

//

//

//

//

////////--E D I T below THIS LINE--//////////*/

class Identity {

name = "PETER";

};

Zeno i did. Several times for different profiles each time coping name from arma profile to userconfig. To eliminate mistyping or special chairs.

It just not working.

I make experiment and put two // before crosshair section, it does not work neither. Its like userconfig does not exist for ACE mode.

I did delete userconfig from arma and was able to log in and play. Without earplugs glasses and croshair of course.

Mby it should be @userconfig or all capital letters?

Zeno i did. Several times for different profiles each time coping name from arma profile to userconfig. To eliminate mistyping or special chairs.

It just not working.

I make experiment and put two // before crosshair section, it does not work neither. Its like userconfig does not exist for ACE mode.

I did delete userconfig from arma and was able to log in and play. Without earplugs glasses and croshair of course.

Are you positive you have no other typos in the userconfig? That had me scuttled for a while recently, an extra comma at the very top of the userconfig by my own forgotten typed mistake.

It just not working.

Send me your ace folder from userconfig by pm and I will compare it to mine (you will need to rar it). We will get to the bottom of this mystery bud.

Lol I'm not coming back to arma!!... Im just gracing y'all with my presence! :thumbsup_anim:

Jk, i just got so tired of being F%^%$ CarLed all the time... In arma you actually have to work as a team to get anywhere... ACE btw is amazing.

I do hate that everyone on the op for is an expert marksman that has trained in the forests of the himilayas using no-see-ums as their targets.

(if you dont know what a No-see-um is, just picture a bug that bites but you cant see it.)

Today I have made the following changes to the ACE server.

Halo at base time reduced to 0

Enemy armour and air unlocked

MHQ vehicle create time 60 secs

Wait time for attack helicopter and aircraft 0

Also the server will automatically restart once a day at midnight Dallas time.