Zeno~SPARTA~

Ace 2 will be Updated to v1.1 on Saturday May 15th

Download available here

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga...ds/Ace2%20v1.1/

Ace version 349

Acex version 231

ACEX_PLA version 19

CBA v0-3-1-96

A number of people overwrote the old ace directories, this does not work. Back them up in a different file or delete them before unpacking the new files into the root directory.

Some old files were not used by the updated ace and the cause the BiKey to fail and kick you for mismatched files.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me. It seems that according to the website that you should be able to keep using 6 updater to keep up with the future beta/minor releases. But as Zeno has set it up with the server requiring matching files - you might as well just download the 1.0 files out there for now and only use them since our server won't allow anything newer or older.

Six updater put me at 1.0.10.316 this week

this has let me into our server a ok so check first you may already be good to go

At the six updater instead og choosing install and update choose userconfig process it will create the files in the location it's suppose to be and also make sure the userconfig is up to date.

Backpacks? nope, I can pick up on and put stuff in it, on occasion it would eat 1 clip of ammo or something but I don't know if they fixed that (I have not used backpacks in while).

The user config files to change stuff like if you want to be able to wear a gasmask is in the *arma root* \userconfig\ACE

Backpacks? nope, I can pick up on and put stuff in it, on occasion it would eat 1 clip of ammo or something but I don't know if they fixed that (I have not used backpacks in while).

The user config files to change stuff like if you want to be able to wear a gasmask is in the *arma root* \userconfig\ACE

Fixed, thanks for the help

Also, ACE2 is awesome. I kept tear gassing durka last night, which was fun

Well might as well post a few things that I read / found

when in the gunner seat for the blackhawk if the helicopter is going slow enough you can press " W " to pop out " S " to pop back in, you get a better view around you for maneuvers and if you have grenades press on " F " to select them and the space bar drops them down.

The right window's key (or left depending on locale it seems) pops up a interact with person / object. When facing someone press it and you get some options, EXAMINE (no clue what it does), REHAB (not too sure what that does also), and GEAR. If you select gear the other player will get a message and will need to use the action menu (the one that you get when you use your scroll wheel) and if he accepts the person that initiated it can pass off ammo, grenades and other things.

You also use the same key for deployed objects, you can load ammo, move the tripod or pick up the weapon from it. (like the metis launcher)

Fast roping, someone needs to have rope and the helicopter needs to be on auto-hover. Once the Helicopter is stable the person with the rope will get a "Deploy ropes" action and once deployed people will get a FastRope option (Pilot can unhook the rope).

To repair HMV's and Helicopters the engi needs to keep the backpack. (for tanks and such it seems like you need to grab the repair vehicle too)

Sights, on AT4's, SMAW's RPG-18 (and probably more) you can set the range with the UP / DOWN arrow keys.

Sniper rifles you need to press on SHIFT+V and on rifles with zoom sight, SHIFT + F enabled to CQC sight (unzoom's and the view is from the top of the sight)

Map tools, if you grab one you can draw lines on the map, keep [ held and click (a dot should appear) do the same with ] and a line will be auto-drawn from the start dot to the one you just put..... or you can just free-hand draw by keeping [ press and moving around while clicking. You can copy the map from other people so you can make plans at the start or the AO.

I can't take all of the credit, some other people on the server helped (can't recall the names , :( I'm bad with names).

now for the cobra, they don't lock on automatically anymore (so its hard firing them while on the move).

The pilot needs a gunner, gunner selects Hellfire's, scrolls to Designator ON, you will see a white outline around the target reticule, now depending on the zoom level's the laser might be right on target or slightly above the middle of the crosshair, select your attack angle (LOBL (Lock on before launch) works the best, LOAL (lock on after launch) you need to be far, seems to work at 2km from target, I have not tried closer)

I noticed that sometimes the Laser bugs out and wont move, I noticed its better to turn it on once aiming at the target, if it does get stuck just turn it off and back on

Here are some ScreenShots since I can't find my video encoding program to reduce this 600mb video file

1. Laser is on and I'm looking at the ground :

2. Targeting a T-90 with the LOAL-HI attack @ 2090 meter's

3. Hit

4. aftermath

Edit: got the vid down to 7mb... youtube is not being cooperative.... and normally you won't see that red box around the laser designator (AI does that) and I forgot to add in the video, look at the radar when I'm looking at the ground (you can also faintly see the laser too)

Edit2: youtube is working here it is, sadly the encoding prog that I used made it look like junk so you can't see where the laser is when zoomed in, also the laser got stuck when I turned it on but when I move it got unstuck

Edited by Beta

People are having trouble joining the ACE server.

This is because we are only going to run the stable versions

At this time these are

Ace version 316

Acex version 210

ACEX_PLA version 17

ACEX_SM version 24

CBA v0-3-1-84

These can be downloaded from here

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/v1_0_Stable

Thankyou for your patience