Spartans Home

Training and Practice Tomorrow

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

This will be revived on Tuesday (1 Dec) and Wednesday (2 Dec). This will not be as in depth as Durka's excellent tutorial which he ran before.

It will be a general run through of basic movement. The diagrams Durka posted will give you and idea what we will be doing.

This is to develop the play on TACDOM nights primarily.

Forgot to add 2100 GMT for me, Dai might make it earlier.

Edited by T1~SPARTA~

Hum.......What about Mercans with jobs?

Fear not Halli! There will be more opportunities to be take part.

Last night was a good run through of a couple of things basically putting into practice some of the movement drills and covering arcs etc.

Nothing too complex and stuff which you only become comfortable doing the more you do it.

It was good yesterday. I found, as the medic of the group at the beginning, that others already in positions scanning for enemies (as the end result of organized movement) gave me a better chance to keep my head in the smoke and move in for revives and healing.

I like the method of movements we practiced as well. It'll be harder to put it to use in pub, but useful either on tacdom night or in some of the urban CQB missions that I want to explore (some new stuff out for Avgani).

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I'd be very interested in joining a training session if you hold another one. I just purchased ARMA 2 and I think it looks like a game I'd truely enjoy. I have hundreds of hours in Battlefield 2 and mastered that game, but after the 1.5 patch ruined that game I've been looking for a decent replacement. I really like teamwork and camradrie. If you guys fall into that category I'd love to join in.

I popped in your teamspeak yesterday and I like how you guys were playing and coordinating in ARMA 2. I look forward to learning it better. I'll try to keep an eye on this forum for any scheduled training sessions.

I understand basics like how to walk and shoot of course, but I don't understand things like the team interface, where the hell to go once I'm in the game. How do I use the map or the compass. I need to understand where the objectives are. It's a lot to take in when you first bring up the game.