Spartans Home

My car

Zeno~SPARTA~

Beautiful ride Zeno.....congrats.

Don't let the black paint worry ya. It's all about proper materials and technique. Swirl marks are from using improper materials in a circular (no-no) pattern.

I'm sure the manufacturer has recommended kit for the job and nothing looks better than black when it's done up properly.

General idea is presented here:

Enjoy those new wheels!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking that you take that baby out on the road, make that turbo earn its keep and go so fast that the dirt just flys off.

Best idea in this thread yet lolz

Zeno, beautiful car, good luck with it.

Let me tell you about black, I'll never buy one again. I have owned a BMW 335xi (twin turbo one) for one year now, in jet black. No matter how careful you are, there will be swirl marks. This car has not been to an automatic carwash yet. I have washed it myself, using a two bucket method, only microfiber towels/applicator pads, changing towels/water after washing wheels first, and so on. Still swirl marks!!!! But the car in black looks fantastic after being washed and waxed.

Oh, and and if you are thinking of getting the clear bra for it, all the chips I have so far are in places where the bra would not protect my car. It's painful.

So far I have been using the Zaino products: http://www.zainostore.com/ - not sure if you can get them in Europe, but I'm sure you can find an equivalent product there. It's a synthetic seal and last a very long time. I do full application two to three time per year along with claying, and keep up with one seal application every other wash. Looks great and makes washing the car a breeze.

Enjoy the car, its a beauty!

I washed the car today. I used a Karcher pressure washer to give a soapy soaking at low pressure, then rinsed at high pressure from further back. Then wash with a microfibre pad and and rinse with a seperate microfibre cloth. Then rinse one panel at a time and chamois leather, I still ended up with water marks onthe bonnet so i polished it lightly with a cream polish. I'll have to wash it with distilled water to avoid the water spots.

Is the 335Xi a 4wd. That's a good alternative to the M3 if I recall. Good looking car.

0-62 5.2 secs (an R8 which is significantly more expensive does this in 4.8secs)

155mph

1984cc turbo 4 cylinder

272 bhp

258 ft/lbs

1415 kg

19" 255/35 R19 Contis

4wd

MagneticRide Suspension

S-tronic Sequential gearbox

Very fast on boost

Reasonably economical off boost

Is the 335Xi a 4wd. That's a good alternative to the M3 if I recall. Good looking car.

335ix is a 4 wd driven car and testers recon that its more useable than the M3 and a lot cheaper too but just as good.

I can only say that i envy u guys and your cheap cars.

We had to sell the volvo that we had an bought a 97´VW Passat sedan with a 90hp 1,9 tdi engine. The car has done 335000km and we paid around 17000$ for it.

• 3 months later...

I have just returned from an Ice and snow training session in grand St Bernard close to the Italian border.

TCS offer practical training for driving in treacherous conditions. They have a twisty circuit in the mountain which is covered in sheet ice with a thin skim of snow. during the day the sun melts the snow so you end up with sheet ice with a thin skim of water on it. As a result the adhesion from the tyres changes throughout the day.I hit the snow banks and spun several times with no damage to my car (although one car did end up with a damaged front bumber).

My winter tyres and haldex 4WD system meant I got pretty fast starts even on the ice, when many front wheel drive cars sat there spinning their wheels. There were no RWD cars. I had a great time and the views were almost Elvisian.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yeah that looks like fun... and the surface of those roads are pretty much all over the place here, so I have a good understanding of how well your car handles by your descriptions.

X-WIND, the really good thing about roads like that is you can spin, hit a snow bank and drive away undamaged. As long as another car isn't in your way. :)

My father had a lesson in the limitations of front wheel drive during a snow storm last year. Although it handled well, the handling was worthless when the snow pushed the front wheels up off the ground. ha-ha (I had warned him for years about going out in a snow storm with it)

He went out and bought an AWD car after that one.

Glad your enjoying that car's abilities. :thumbsup:

nice motor zeno, my sis has a 225 but looking at a TTS for an upgrade, me i just had a vauxhall insignia delivered lol haha does the job i guess ;)

I was in my thirties before I got my first new car, lol. (mkII Cortina, MkI Capri, MkIII Cortina, Granada, MR2, Prelude, Cobra (fake), ZX, 328GTS, XJR, PIcasso, RX8, TTS)

The V6 is a smoother engine, but less powerful and heavier in the nose (all Audis are already nose heavy at around 58/42). The TTS has magneticride suspension as standard and I have the optional twin clutch sequential gearbox.

The TT RS will be coming out this year, the rumours are for a 350 hp, 5 cylinder turbo, its already been seen testing at the nurburgring, But the prices will be well into Porsche territory.

There are some good deals on the TTS in the UK but the depreciation is currently horrific.

Well Zeno, here are some you could add to your list. Although I have no idea at the moment what their reliability is. But the top 3 US vehicle brands have made huge improvements to quality and reliability. :MSNWINK:

Here is what I call a "pocket-rocket". It is very small, but fast.

http://www.pontiac.com/solstice-2009/specs-features/

amazing HP available for a 4 door sedan, and I think nice looking.

http://www.pontiac.com/g8-2009/specs-features/

Although I have never been a fan of corvettes, having a car that can get 24 mpg highway, and tested top speed of 190 mph seems interesting... One of my wife's cousins has a ZR1, he showed me that at 75 mph the engine was sitting near 1000 rpm... basically a fast idle down the road.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/features/

It just looks really good... like the challenger. Which one would be a difficult decision for me.

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/

hmm... I just found that the 09 Dodge Challenger is now available with a V6.