Spartans Home

WarZ MMO

KalXen~SPARTA~

WarZ is opening up for Alpha/Beta access. https://account.thewarz.com/preorder/preorder.html

I purchased the Legend option, which gives 3 guest passes, and a 6 month Stronghold server (basically a private server we can use for Sparta community where we can store things, build, etc w/o worry about access).

If they can make this Zombie MMO a better experience than DayZ, and remove the grphics glitches and hacking issues, I think I'll enjoy the heck out of it.

FYI - The guest passes are useful for 2 days, and not until October 30th.

New post on "What are StrongHold Servers?"

Not entirely certain how these servers are tied into the main world (or if they are at all), but you get a small piece of land @ 2km x 2km, and can set up base on it. You could farm and sell food, you could turn it into a PvP deathtrap, or you could make your own Mos Eisly cantina bar social area. I can already see EMT setting up some kind of massive minecraft farm area and making gold.. lol

Interesting hands on interview via PCworld.

This caught my attention:

You can have up to five characters at any one time, but most people will focus on one to build up gear and skills. You choose a difficulty for each character you create, either Normal or Hardcore. If you die on Normal your character will be locked out for 24 hours of real time. If you die on Hardcore, you can kiss your character goodbye due to permanent death. The developers of The War Z are currently playing with the idea of allowing a pay-to-unlock option for a dead character if you can't wait an entire day or if all your characters are dead, but they will wait for community response before going forward with that.

I've never been interested in MMO's but this really appeals as I do like Zed-bashing.

Might give this a go and get the pioneer pack. My only concern is long term use vs cost. At the moment until we move house my gaming is limited to weekends, so not going to get a lot of use.

Jumped on the Legend train as well. Looks good so far - hoping the Alpha is at least playable. I do like the idea of perma-death for HC. I'm assuming a dead HC character simply frees up the slot so you'd be able to roll another. Also liking the idea of purchasing 'unlocks', but I think I'd only want to see that if all characters are locked.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WarZ concept, and the company that is behind it, is likely going downhill fast.

Over the last few days, WarZ hit Steam. However, due to reviews by gaming magazines, and popular blogs like

, discussions on Steam forums, discussions on Reddit, etc - Valve reacted and ripped it down from Steam and is offering refunds for Steam users.

Good example of predatory game makers stealing an idea, selling it, and screwing over the community. Sad that I bought into it.