Spartans Home

Arma 3 Multiplayer

EMT~SPARTA~

Hello everyone,

With Arma III getting closer, I am starting to get really excited about everyone playing together again. Video from E3: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-arma-iii/731945 Those Animations!

I started to wonder if Domination would be ported over to Arma III and found out that the maker, Xeno, doesn't want it to go over. He also stated that he would not be working on domination for Arma 2 either (old news).

So my question is....On day 1, what will we be doing for multiplayer? Will MH6 and Kalxen team up and make something again? Or do we already have something in place.

If we do need a new mission, I need to start getting my old brain day dreaming again. I know Mh6 was working on a RTS style gameplay, making it more versitile and new each time. I really miss our co-op gameplay and the openess to our style. Thats what brought me here in the first place. I'll never forget seeing everyone in town, waiting for a chopper to get us. Saw the teamspeak info and haven't looked back since.

Maybe an idea would be to leave the game alone for awhile.

Let people enjoy it for a bit before its changed with 15-20 mods.

(which change every week or 2). Lets play it out of the box and see what happens.

Srry if the first message came off wrong; If you didn't know, the server we always played on had a mission in it called Domination. which allowed us to go to each town and fight the AI. With Domination gone, I don't think Arma has a co-op mission alread on it. Correct me if im wrong. Domination was not a mod, more of a mission to shape the game. Since arma is so open. By no means do I want to add mods that you have to dl before you can enter the game.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

Srry if the first message came off wrong; If you didn't know, the server we always played on had a mission in it called Domination. which allowed us to go to each town and fight the AI. With Domination gone, I don't think Arma has a co-op mission alread on it. Correct me if im wrong. Domination was not a mod, more of a mission to shape the game. Since arma is so open. By no means do I want to add mods that you have to dl before you can enter the game.

source: http://www.bistudio.com/english/games/arma3

Key features:

Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.

Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.

Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX? supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.

Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.

Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.

Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

Scenarios though.... We all know what Arma scenarios are like. If they are good, then by all means lets play them. But looking long term, playing the same scenarios over and over again may get repetitive. Also with multiplayer, you may have people outside of the sparta community ruin the scenario all together. But with the old domination style gameplay, the new/average player could take a route different than the group and not ruin the experience.

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

Don't know anything about Domination etc but I will be all over the mission editor like a rash so we should have a few missions to play not long after release.

Well, maybe i missed something, but i guess it s quite early to gett all excited about this.

Do they even discussed a release date? I ve not been closely following, but i don t recall there was anything of "imminent" coming out.

There is plenty of time to see what we wanna do. On the other side you cannot always believe to everything you read:

Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.

Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

EASY TO USE MISSION EDITOR???

I don t know what they have been able to create for Arma3, but i don t think is that much different from the one in Arma2, which is freaking far away from being easy....

One real big improvement is the 3d editor is supposed to work in Arma3 this will be brilliant.

Brilliant and tedious at the same time im sure...though i never really got arma2's 3d editor...it was horrible in my experience.

I enjoyed the Arma2 editor. It's laid out for someone who knows coding, but for also has simple options for those who don't want to script things. Like any useful software, it requires a learning curve. IMO, it was a HELL of a lot easier to code and test things than COD4.

The one drawback that really pissed me off was dealing with AI and waypoints. That was a never ending frustraition, but other than that you can pretty much make any kind of scenario you want with the Arma2 editor. I once had a visually stunning 15-Blackhawk air assault that went down pretty flawlessly, but never could find an interesting mission to put it in. Likewise with a large Airborne assault too.

The 2d was ok but it involved a lot of scripts moving adding etc......hell i got the Nimitz to work so im ok with it :X the 3d editor though was ....weird.