Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall try again this weekend but the frustration levels are reaching a point where I'm going to give up.

The game scenario itself is great but the constant problems with server access are a nightmare. I struggle to connect, probably 1 in 10 attempts, server kicks are frequent. I get better connection to the US but suffer with high pings and consequently lag or PB kicks.

No worries Watchman I have been trying to get this damn thing to work for 3 weeks and it keeps telling me that my base pbo's in my arma folders are not the same as the server. I have the same arma patched up, it works on every single game mod with the exception of this one so I am at a loss as to why this mod is being such a pain in the ass. The only thing I can come up with is that my arma 2 was from a CD and my OA is on steam but I have no clue why its saying my keys are wrong.

I could walk y'all through to see where the problem is.

BTW: have to share a story from last night.

I'm walking through an open field, trying to link back up with everyone else, when these 2 basterds opened up on me from behind. I about shit my pants and run to the neareset cover...a bush...I return automatic fire giving me 2 seconds to figure out how im going to get out of this alive. I then remember, I have a gernade! While still shooting at me (it was pitch black) I throw the gernade where they are shooting from. It lands short, but I know the concusion from the blast affected them in some way. Server then decides to shit on us and restart. I log back on in the same bush and stay perfectly still. Knowing they would probably do the same, I watch for 15 min. No movement. I then notice some zombies in zelenogorsk. Wtf? I'm too far for them to be from me...AHAH! There they are! Crouching through the middel fo the town! Basterds had a dmr (reddot) and a mp5. But i'm too far away to kill them. Still...I want them to pay for attempting to kill me. I shoot 5 rounds as best as I could at one of them. I could tell I hit him from my face turning slightly more evil. They logged off after that though. Basterds!

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

No worries Watchman I have been trying to get this damn thing to work for 3 weeks and it keeps telling me that my base pbo's in my arma folders are not the same as the server. I have the same arma patched up, it works on every single game mod with the exception of this one so I am at a loss as to why this mod is being such a pain in the ass. The only thing I can come up with is that my arma 2 was from a CD and my OA is on steam but I have no clue why its saying my keys are wrong.

gunthar, i was going over the dayz forums and I stumbled upon these links.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2421

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden/page116

Wtf! There has been a lot of WTF! moments in this game lately with the latest update. I haven't had a lot of players log off when I make contact, I usually have players log in near me lately and I am able to kill them right away. Or sometimes I get lucky and I just see them when I am behind them.

I've been killed by guys at the NW airfield by the barracks a lot. If I go there now, its just in and out or I stake out the area awhile or stock someone from the woods. Trying to farm the barracks isn't as easy as it use to be. The spawn times are longer in between and there is someone always there now.

I tend to make a wide circle around the map looking for things. I guess keep moving and not lingering in one spot is the best thing.

I could walk y'all through to see where the problem is.

BTW: have to share a story from last night.

I'm walking through an open field, trying to link back up with everyone else, when these 2 basterds opened up on me from behind. I about shit my pants and run to the neareset cover...a bush...I return automatic fire giving me 2 seconds to figure out how im going to get out of this alive. I then remember, I have a gernade! While still shooting at me (it was pitch black) I throw the gernade where they are shooting from. It lands short, but I know the concusion from the blast affected them in some way. Server then decides to shit on us and restart. I log back on in the same bush and stay perfectly still. Knowing they would probably do the same, I watch for 15 min. No movement. I then notice some zombies in zelenogorsk. Wtf? I'm too far for them to be from me...AHAH! There they are! Crouching through the middel fo the town! Basterds had a dmr (reddot) and a mp5. But i'm too far away to kill them. Still...I want them to pay for attempting to kill me. I shoot 5 rounds as best as I could at one of them. I could tell I hit him from my face turning slightly more evil. They logged off after that though. Basterds!

Trololol :thumbsup: i bet they where Pissed haha

Mate i checked in before and the landrover is still good. think we got enough vechicals and firepower to get everyone regrouped even if they are way out their on the map. think we still gota play it safe though with the new toys need the tactics to go with if we want to hold on to them and not get the crap shot out of us in a soft skined vechical and catching fire from what i read on that vechical section on the dayz fourm.

"but beware, having broken engine (ENG icon in top left) will burn your car along with anyone inside after few minor bumps or bullet hits, driving such vehicle is suicidal."

but still went from looking for 1 car to finding 3 :D good dayz session

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, this survival lark is hard work. The latest patch, with it's hair-trigger Zed's is unnerving.

After countless false starts, including some sonofabitch shooting me in the hospital I now have a plan.... of sorts.

I'm up on the far northeast coast. Did a bit of foraging last night and got the beginnings of a decent kit, still shy of food and a weapon: so wish we had melee combat and this damn hatchet could be put to work!

Had a close call with a small group of Zeds but managed to give them the slip and hunker down under a bridge. Hope that gives me enough protection from them until it quietens down.

I'll make one last raid in the hope of picking up some food and a gun, so much ammo around there has to be something to use it in, right?

Either way, there's a road heading west, doesn't look busy and it may just take me to this mythical camp I keep hearing about!

Won't get back in till Friday / Saturday now, so here's hoping I can make all this work.

Edited by Watchman~SPARTA~

Damn, this survival lark is hard work. The latest patch, with it's hair-trigger Zed's is unnerving.

After countless false starts, including some sonofabitch shooting me in the hospital I now have a plan.... of sorts.

I'm up on the far northeast coast. Did a bit of foraging last night and got the beginnings of a decent kit, still shy of food and a weapon: so wish we had melee combat and this damn hatchet could be put to work!

Had a close call with a small group of Zeds but managed to give them the slip and hunker down under a bridge. Hope that gives me enough protection from them until it quietens down.

I'll make one last raid in the hope of picking up some food and a gun, so much ammo around there has to be something to use it in, right?

Either way, there's a road heading west, doesn't look busy and it may just take me to this mythical camp I keep hearing about!

Won't get back in till Friday / Saturday now, so here's hoping I can make all this work.

There is melee now, and you can use that hatchet.

Good luck!

There is melee now, and you can use that hatchet.

Good luck!

When did that happen & how do I use it?

When I picked up the hatchet yesterday afternoon the only thing it offered me was to chop firewood?

I updated to the latest version on Saturday.

When did that happen & how do I use it?

When I picked up the hatchet yesterday afternoon the only thing it offered me was to chop firewood?

I updated to the latest version on Saturday.

You have to right click on it in your inventory then removed from toolbelt, it will then take the place of your primary weapon.